Nostalgic1

2021 Bronco Sport

5 posts in this topic

So, after 4 years and 50,000 miles of trouble-free driving the 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted Rubicon, we elected to move on to another vehicle that is off-road capable but that offers about the same interior room but better economy.  Enter the 2021 Bronco Sport w/Outer Banks trim package.  We looked at and drove the “big” Bronco but were disappointed by the final product.  Maybe in a few years as they further refine it and the craziness around the pricing subside (can you say Bronco Raptor) we might reconsider but this “little” Bronco is a great vehicle.  

59E2BA78-FCB2-47A0-8F7D-FACFB4870742.jpeg

371FA346-1EAD-4F0A-BC82-2474F4C7936F.jpeg

EDC161C1-1EAC-4F87-8848-B66084D4FF05.jpeg

Edited by Nostalgic1
Update
66sprint6, Tino and mstrpth like this

This one has a 1.5L turbo power plant, but a 2.0 turbo is available in the Badlands trim level.  It only makes 181hp/190tq but considering it’s a 4x4 vehicle weighing only ~3400lbs, it gets around pretty well.  It’s averaging about 26.5 mph city/highway with my highway miles getting about 33mpg.  

I would like to check it out next time I'm in the 'boro.  I didn't care for these Bronco Sports when they first came out.  After seeing a couple of them, they are growing on me.  I really like the Maverick, which is a lengthened truck version of the Bronco Sport.  If I had to buy a vehicle today, I would strongly consider one.  The Bronco looks to be too much of a compromise vehicle just like a Wrangler.  

Just let me know.  I, too, didn’t take much interest in the Bronco Sport when it first came out but the more I learned about them, the more appealing it became.  I really like driving it.