Walking Tall

New Bike

4 posts in this topic

So I’ve been wanting a bike for the past 3-4 years. I I I finally took my MSF course at the local Harley dealership last week. I wasn’t planning on getting one but you know how that goes.

Picked up a 2009 Harley Street Bob. I’ve always liked these bikes and found a great deal on it.

c14eddebf30b4ec592e1685936e28ec6.jpg

After I got it home I took off the sissy bar and rolled the bars forward a bit. It looks a lot better and my arms aren’t so bent.

61541a2b3f45d7344e023911170c15fb.jpg

Then today I put on a Harley Daymaker knockoff from Amazon. Looks a lot brighter than the factory light.

a57f10aad90f5599255ea51018e60fc4.jpg

1d14a78087afe15bd706961cc3ae2f1f.jpg

I’m still learning and practicing so I haven’t taken it far from the house. But I’m really enjoying it and looking forward to some longer rides. I’m taking it to the shop for some new tires, rear brakes and a fork oil change in a couple weeks and then I’ll feel a little more comfortable taking it farther out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

Very nice! :up:

Do you like those high handlebars?

I have a CBR1000RR. When I get a few small things fixed from laying it down, we'll have to ride together one day. :yes: 

Very nice! default_laugh_1.gif

Do you like those high handlebars?

I have a CBR1000RR. When I get a few small things fixed from laying it down, we'll have to ride together one day. default_Smilies_new_2_yes.gif 

I do. They don’t sit that high for me because of my height. I’m thinking about going to 14” bars in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

Have you done the seat mod I keep seeing on all the Metro PD Harleys, on it yet? If you arent sure I can tell you all it is.

JohnC likes this