JohnC

2 Post Car and Truck Lifts

90 posts in this topic

A lot of those can be doubled up to make room. I mean, who puts a disposal on it's own breaker?! Interested to see what the electrician recommends. 

JohnC likes this

That's assuming these are labeled correctly. You would have to find out exactly which breaker did what and how much was actually on it.

If it were me, I'd just run a subpanel beside that one and call it done. That's how I did my pool even with room in my box.

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

What did that cost him? 

That I don't know as there was a bunch of other work done.

Assuming that is a Square D homeline panel, the lowest 4 single slots on each side can hold tandem breakers and like Candle Fondler said, you only have 2.  You can buy a couple more tandem breakers and move 4 single pole breakers on one side into two tandems, creating a new 2 pole breaker space.  The tandem breakers are about $9 each and the 2 pole depends on what you need for the lift, but still relatively cheap.  Running the wire will be the highest cost and depends on how far it needs to go and what is between the panel and where you want the outlet/lift.

I just did this to create a space to power my welder in my new house.  That same outlet doubles as a generator input.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Square-D-Homeline-15-Amp-1-Pole-Tandem-Circuit-Breaker/1086809

JohnC and Ashley P like this

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Assuming that is a Square D homeline panel, the lowest 4 single slots on each side can hold tandem breakers and like Candle Fondler said, you only have 2.  You can buy a couple more tandem breakers and move 4 single pole breakers on one side into two tandems, creating a new 2 pole breaker space.  The tandem breakers are about $9 each and the 2 pole depends on what you need for the lift, but still relatively cheap.  Running the wire will be the highest cost and depends on how far it needs to go and what is between the panel and where you want the outlet/lift.

I just did this to create a space to power my welder in my new house.  That same outlet doubles as a generator input.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Square-D-Homeline-15-Amp-1-Pole-Tandem-Circuit-Breaker/1086809

Eaton panel, but same difference. 

Years ago the some of the buss bars had a divot in the center for the single/double breakers and only those breakers could be used in those specific spaces, like 4 or 6 total, but may not be the case now after looking at my friends panel with the 900 single/doubles. I never did pull the cover off and actually look at the buss bars

FYI, you can not use the single/doubles to get 220 though as they are both on the same buss bar/phase.  Some people I have known didn't know this.

Lee Company guy said he will probably run the power from the main box outside to a separate breaker box in the garage to power the lift.

He didn't quote a price yet because he said he would have to get some project manager guy out there first.

I guesstimate $2,500 to do all the electrical for the lift. 

Almost $5k for lift and install.

Garage door $? 

I pray to God the concrete meets requirements because this crap is getting expensive! :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Disney said:

2500 for lift electrical? That sounds ridiculous!

It's just a wild guess. :yes: 

What do you think they'll charge to run power from another box to a new box and out of a nearly 14ft ceiling to the lift?  

Got a quote from https://www.precisiondoor.net/

$2,000.00 to do the garage door with new motor.

Got him paid already, but he said it might take 2 weeks to get the parts in because the covid19. 

Now to get the electrical quote for the lift and garage door motor being moved over to the wall. :dead: 

Nussbaum lift shipped! :w00t: 

D2D62D2B-EBFE-4E95-A520-C1799B344DE7.png

Now I’m trying to coordinate with the garage door guy that was supposed to have the parts in weeks ago.

Lee eectrical guy is waiting on him, too.

Disney likes this

1F03D405-6DB9-4D6A-B1C9-919061442B10.jpeg

AF73626C-5F8B-4E24-ACFE-FB58E5252EA7.jpeg

D0F8DC9A-70E5-459A-A8E3-47DCD5F203B0.jpeg

Lift is going in!

Concrete was 4 inches. 

But we had to put it in the 2 bay side because it was going to be too close to the wall.

Sucks because I already had them take down the motor and tracks on that side! 

Oh well...

Tino, Ashley P, mstrpth and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

Bob's the man.

Has it sunk in yet how bad ass it is that you have a lift in your garage? That's bad ass!!!

A lot to like about that lift. Real good looking piece.

Edited by Disney
Tino, 66sprint6 and JohnC like this

3 hours ago, Disney said:

Bob's the man.

Has it sunk in yet how bad ass it is that you have a lift in your garage? That's bad ass!!!

A lot to like about that lift. Real good looking piece.

Bob and his Phd assistant were very cool guys! :up: 

Man, it's slowly sinking in! Feels awesome! The electricians were pretty amazed with it as well. I just stayed out there (helped some) and starred at all day as it was going in. It's a work of art to me! :love: 

I had Lee Company do all the electrical. The guy and his assistant that came out were very good at what they do. No sloppy work here at all! They did a few things the hard way to get it done right. :yes: 

Had the lift wired up, extra wall plug so I could get one more freezer in there by the steps in the garage, wired for the high lift garage door motor, and 4 Ring flood light security cameras (one on each side of the house). The electrical total for everything was $2,900 ($2,000 for 4 Ring cams, $250 for plug, $650 for lift -- with discount) and the lift installed was about $5,416.60. :baller: 

Altogether it cost $8316.60 and worth every penny IMHO! :D 

Disney and 66sprint6 like this