JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

1,101 posts in this topic

Well county voted on the lot “meld”. Not sure if result yet, waiting on attorney to get back to us.

all went well we have plans in hand just need to find a builder who isn’t swamped.

Lift also makes it easy to find problems.

TKR left off the vent pipe on the trans. That’s really not an issue though. A trip to AutoZone for a connector and it’ll be ok.

52016D4F-F6C5-4F10-ACEC-62E276ACA89D.jpeg

But I did find out why my Wideband stopped working. Looks like it was pinched or crushed to the point some of the wire is exposed. I’m guessing that shorted out the gauge. Looks like I’ll need a new one for the right bank. 

1356FA53-3ADC-44C8-93BA-B7CB554D2F44.jpeg

FYI,  two people on the CTSV forum had transmission problems and narrowed it down to their AEM X-series widebands.  I'm sure those weren't plugged in when your car was being tuned, so any issues they could cause wouldn't have been seen.

https://www.ctsvowners.com/threads/weird-trans-electrical-issue-resolved.157839/#post-2552128

JohnC, 66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

10 hours ago, Mike said:

FYI,  two people on the CTSV forum had transmission problems and narrowed it down to their AEM X-series widebands.  I'm sure those weren't plugged in when your car was being tuned, so any issues they could cause wouldn't have been seen.

https://www.ctsvowners.com/threads/weird-trans-electrical-issue-resolved.157839/#post-2552128

I'm not having issues like they're having anymore (slamming gears on upshifts, hesitant on acceleration via trans issues, etc), since changing the TEHCM and doing the ZIP Kit with TKR Stage 4 Max Effort build. :no:

For me feeling it needs some fine tuning, I probably just need to clear trans adaptives and do a full relearn. :shrug: 

However, I did have issues with my OBD2 diagnostic port from day one when I bought the car.

If you recall, I couldn't even get that MATCO code scanner you got me a deal on to get a connection to it consistently. Same issues when I had to test emissions at MARTA with the OBD2 port connection. The reason is, most of those OBD2 cables fit loosely on it and would lose connection to some of the pins.

Crazy thing is, the AEM wideband OBD2 port piggyback cable fit on it real tight and actually helped me get connection to the HPTuners cable. 

That all said, I did have a crushed wideband wire harness and that could have been causing issues. I'm going to look in to that because I was getting power from the fuse panel on the driver side of the dash for the widebands. 

On 10/17/2021 at 8:34 PM, JohnC said:

Just ordered a new wideband since I couldn't find the wire by itself. https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/gauges/digital-gauges/x-series-wideband-uego-OBDII

It should be here on the 19th.

That's $255 I didn't want to spend, but I like knowing my AFR on both banks.

Every time those WB's swung lean or read whacky, I had issues. 

Could you not have just spliced the wire?

13 hours ago, mstrpth said:

Could you not have just spliced the wire?

No. The wire is all hard and feels stiff / brittle from being too close to the header (heat), so just better to replace it.

Not sure if it shorted out the gauge too since it's not working anymore.

So the reason I bought the whole kit was for spare parts just in case.

mstrpth and Tino like this

Just for the record in this thread, my car on the Beech Bend Raceway scale was 4,205lbs with me in the drivers seat and full tank of Speedway pump E85. 

On a good day, I'm 220lbs butt naked, so more dressed. 

That puts the car at 3,9XX lbs on a full tank of fuel without me in the drivers seat.

No weight reduction except the aluminum driveshaft.

I have added weight via 6L90, ProCharger, and external trans cooler. 

The internet calculators (LOL) say that's good for 10.20@140 fwiw.

66sprint6 likes this

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Wish you coulda got some slips yesterday that was a bummer.

Matt

I wanted a timeslip bad. :yes: 

I busted my ass to get there with no sleep! :dead: 

I was all over the road coming home from KY. :fear:

Wasted time, fuel and $20 to get in for nothing but getting on the weight scale. :lol:

At least I got to meet dr art! :love: 

I also talked to some other guys there that were cool. :yes: 

66sprint6 likes this

I never knew it was this bad until I got it up on my lift, but Michael Johnson told me the DS rubbed on a heat shield on the test drive after the 6L90 swap.

Think that grove will lead to failure of the DS?

Guess I’ll have to order a new one if so.

91AAEBDE-F4EC-40CB-8630-9BD7BBC5E54A.jpeg

:( 

Clearance/remove offending parts if not already done and then carry in.  If it were a carbon fiber driveshaft ide be concerned alot more than I would aluminum.  IF it breaks, grab another at that point.

Matt

4 hours ago, Disney said:

I wouldn't be concerned with that.

Cool. :up: 

I had remembered the rub, but just had noticed the groove and was worried. :yes: 

7 hours ago, mstrpth said:

I say just drive the car! There'll always be things to fix or things not 100%. Don't go looking, just drive :yes:

Can't. I'm hotrod OCD. :lol: