Mike

What would you hypothetically build? Now with more CTS-V

Rate this topic:

703 posts in this topic

That's already looking nice! :up:

I need a new catch can bracket made for my junk.

The Mishimoto was made for the later radiator support bracket, so it's the wrong shape around the rubber grommet.

Plus, I want to add a 2nd can for the CAI tube to valve cover side.

My OCD wants 2 catch cans for each line (4 total) so it'll catch as much oil as possible. :lol:

Worth it? :shrug:

3 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

I need a panel like that to fix the sagging carpet in the hatch.

Do you still have the cardboard one to measure?

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

That's already looking nice! :up:

I need a new catch can bracket made for my junk.

The Mishimoto was made for the later radiator support bracket, so it's the wrong shape around the rubber grommet.

Plus, I want to add a 2nd can for the CAI tube to valve cover side.

My OCD wants 2 catch cans for each line (4 total) so it'll catch as much oil as possible. :lol:

Worth it? :shrug:

You’re not supposed to be loosing that much oil.  I put probably 4k miles on mine in the last oil change and barely got 1/2 cup of oil.

66sprint6 likes this

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Do you still have the cardboard one to measure?

I think so, if not I'm pretty sure the coupe still has it.

I milled the inlet tube and rolled the round side of the tank at a friends shop after work.  Then I came home and tacked the tank together and bent up the pump mount so I can see how it's all going to fit together.  So far so good.

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

66sprint6 likes this

Post says "done" and I'm lookin' for the timeslip...  :)    Tank looks perfect*, BTW.

*I think you've said that doesn't exist.  You may have proved otherwise.

Without going through the whole thread, what're your goals for the car? I've resisted parting out the V1 and putting it down on a V2. 

The trunk setup looks seamless. :up:

On 7/11/2016 at 4:18 PM, Mike said:

Wants:

Room for 2 adults and a kid

No major builds.  Buy a relatively new car and mod it

Want a car that is moderately quick at the dragstrip, road course and autocross.  I'm over having the fastest car.

Must be a V8 and must sound good.

No turbo, no nitrous.

It should take a couple weeks to mod it.

Reliable, daily driver

No aftermarket ecu's.

What would you buy and how would you mod it?

My initial goals were the above and to run 6's (1/8th mile).  I went 6.9x first time out after all the mods.  I drove it to Daytona in January, so the reliable part is there.

I hit all my goals and now I'm trying to figure out where to go next.  I've basically left it as is for the last year, just driving it to work now and then.  It's been great, but that inevitable need for more is pulling at me again.

I've been a 10.58@131.  9's aren't close, but I can see them from where I'm at.  The expensive mods are done, ported heads, cam and ported blower.  To run 9's I think all I need to do is add E85 and work on the tune at the track.  E85 will require more fuel pump, bigger injectors and more tuning.

mstrpth, JohnC and Tino like this

8 hours ago, Mike said:

My initial goals were the above and to run 6's (1/8th mile).  I went 6.9x first time out after all the mods.  I drove it to Daytona in January, so the reliable part is there.

I hit all my goals and now I'm trying to figure out where to go next.  I've basically left it as is for the last year, just driving it to work now and then.  It's been great, but that inevitable need for more is pulling at me again.

I've been a 10.58@131.  9's aren't close, but I can see them from where I'm at.  The expensive mods are done, ported heads, cam and ported blower.  To run 9's I think all I need to do is add E85 and work on the tune at the track.  E85 will require more fuel pump, bigger injectors and more tuning.

Yes! Do it! :hyper: 

On 9/5/2018 at 8:23 PM, Mike said:

There are always flaws.  Always!

The kids' homeschool today required them to retell a story about Michaelangelo.  A friend watched him work on a nearly complete work of art.  The friend left and revisited some weeks later, only to find the art seemingly unchanged.  The friend basically said "you must not have worked on it for weeks", but Mike gave him a list of the details he'd accomplished.  The friend said "those are just trifles", to which comes the quote:

“Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.”

Michelangelo Buonarroti

Mike likes this