Chad

Random thought thread

19,440 posts in this topic

Watching the Jay Leno Mach1 test drive and I got to say that car is sexy. :yum: 

I love the stance and all. :love: 

But…

At first I liked the exhaust sound, but as time went on it got a bit annoying.

Does it have dual mode, or are you stuck with that sound?

Tino likes this

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Here’s dad’s new Phord.  He stepped up to the 2.0 Ecoboost and AWD.  He still can’t hold a cell phone sideways to take pictures. 
2BF7F44D-80E2-4AFD-85B0-6F745824AF22.jpeg0E8EACE5-DC85-4D84-B238-221D49F4A456.jpeg

That's a good looking truck. :yes: 

Looks great in Iconic Silver.  Leslie and I looked at an Alto Blue Maverick equipped about the same as your dads but ended up buying a Ranger Lariat 4x4 instead to get a little more capacity.  

Tell him congrats from me!

66sprint6 likes this

Dad picked it up yesterday, so he hasn't had it long enough to form a real opinion.  He did say that the technology in it is nice.  He has never had one with the touch screen, remote start, etc.  He said it drives as nice as any car he's ever driven.  He doesn't need a big truck, so this one will fit his needs nicely.  It must have been really nice for dad to have bought a Ford.  He said he would never buy another Ford after that 1998 Ranger he had.

I'm really surprised that he bought anything nicer than the standard base model.  The Dakota I am going to buy from him has no power locks or windows.  It has AC and a CD player and that's it.  I think it was the cheapest 4 door Dakota you could buy in 2004.  Dad has owned a long line of basic no frills vehicles.  He didn't like it when I bought what I wanted (Ram SS/T) back in 1998.  He said I should have gotten a V6 Dakota at the time instead of what I bought.  "We paid less than that for our first house."  I still have my truck and still like it.  I'm glad he finally bought what he wanted instead of cheaping out.

mstrpth, Disney and 66sprint6 like this

Neighbor across the street already got their Christmas lights up.

Looks nice IMHO.

Took with iPhone Pro Max 13 1TB hand held at night and I’m shaky.

Technology on these new phones is nice as well.

97D7878F-05A3-496C-BFA5-3F1F32C2950D.jpeg

Disney and mstrpth like this

Technology is *@^$!   I was in a Ford truck up in the air on a lift, spinning the wheels at 30 mph.  The nav system showed me going down the road.    Trust it, lemmings!   I'll trust my CB and compass!  :) 

Put the lift to work today. Doing brakes on the daily beater yoda.

Brembo pads with Baer rotors.

I couldn’t find any Hawk pads like I had on it before. That combo was a lot better at stopping than the Toyota OE brakes. I hope these pads do just as good. 

90849F03-34CB-40D1-97F5-BDA9505EAF1D.jpeg

Tino and Disney like this