Chad

Random thought thread

19,440 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

That heater has about 3 times the amp draw as the "average" electric clothes dryer.   Your lift is pocket change compared to a dryer.  How's your lift box wired?   What gauge wire feeds it and where does it hook into your main panel?

All I know is the lift is wired directly from the main outside box, so that's why I figure maybe they could run a separate wire the same way to another breaker switch in that same box.

Disney and Kevin like this

3 hours ago, Disney said:

Joking aside, that's a big heater pulling a lot of amps. Consult with your electrician.

I might just wait it out and get a separate central (natural gas) heat and air unit just for the garage and then do insulated doors.

I still wouldn't run it unless I was actually in the garage working on junk..

On 3/23/2016 at 10:48 AM, 66sprint6 said:

All I know is that Ide definitely be down to watch that game...and Im not overly sure either player would WANT 4 more of themselves on a team LOL

Birds team WAS better than Jordans team back in the late 80s BUT Jordan put up better stats individually.  Jordans TEAM went on to double Bird's championships.  Rings, banners in the rafters and trophies are tangible proof of the greatness of the Bulls.  Following the same arguement, when Jordan left the Bulls to play Baseball (LOLOLOL) they didnt do diddly squat.  He returns and IMMEDIATELY they repeat.  

I have quite a bit more on my side, in the form of stats, results AND other people saying Jordan is the best than Bird does.  Thats all I got and its all I need :winkgrin:

Matt

Jordan's performance in the last minute?  Terrible!   Bird?  He beat Jordan without breaking a sweat!  lol   (Saw this clip and had to show ya. lol)

30 minutes ago, Tino said:

@JohnC you still have hptuners? Can you delete the AFM off my green truck

After I moved, I can't find the cable.

I'm hoping it didn't get moved in to the storage container we still haven't emptied. :lol:

I'll look for it again and if I find it I'll let you use it with my laptop.

If I don't find it, I'll just order a new one and you can use it.

Tino likes this

Tino, I bought another HPTuners, so Diz or me can loan it or do it for you.

Just need to buy the credits and you’re good. :up: 

Mine will be here later this week. 

Tino likes this

Dude broke a crankshaft snout off with the front counter weight on a blower car, and then funny-guy posts this:

Casted with the finest Chinesium and polished with Tiawonium by a guy named Sum Ting Wong.

:lol: 

mstrpth likes this

My advice to Mazda engineers who built the RX-8 that floods so easily:  the car needs two 16 volt batteries and a water cooled starter with ball bearing armature.

Yup, I liked it.

I'm not knocking the engineers that know words like "headcuts", but I'd put money on most farmers to take a quick look at that earthen spillway and say "that won't last 30 minutes".  Some farmers would add "and it'll need to work for a couple days".     Experience vs schooling?  Dunnon.  Wisdom vs knowledge?  Dunno. Pure speculation on my part?  Maybe.    Parts of my fields falling into a creek and I'm not sure what to do?  Yes.

Disney likes this

His statement from 13:00 to 13:10...partly correct.  He doesn't mention the terrible erosion undermining the slabs.  

My dad called me today and said he is going to buy a new Ford Maverick.  I may buy his old 2004 Dakota 4 door and save it for the the kids to drive in 2-3 years.  Dad says it needs an AC recharge every 18 months now.  Other than that, it seems to still be a good truck.

I also got a pair of Tony Lama caiman skin (reptile somrewhere between a lizard and an aligator) cowboy boots today for $100 that are probably worth $300 and cost over $600 new.  They've been resoled, but they have been cared for extremely well.  There are no cracks or major scuffs.  On a 10 scale, I'd say the condition is 9.8.  I put some exotic leather lotion on them and shined them up.  They look almost brand new.

66sprint6 and Disney like this

10 hours ago, Kevin said:

My dad called me today and said he is going to buy a new Ford Maverick.  I may buy his old 2004 Dakota 4 door and save it for the the kids to drive in 2-3 years.  Dad says it needs an AC recharge every 18 months now.  Other than that, it seems to still be a good truck.

I also got a pair of Tony Lama caiman skin (reptile somrewhere between a lizard and an aligator) cowboy boots today for $100 that are probably worth $300 and cost over $600 new.  They've been resoled, but they have been cared for extremely well.  There are no cracks or major scuffs.  On a 10 scale, I'd say the condition is 9.8.  I put some exotic leather lotion on them and shined them up.  They look almost brand new.

This def fits the random thought category :lol: 

Kevin likes this