Chad

Random thought thread

19,293 posts in this topic

Well, for those that don’t think the 2.7L will pull, I can tell you it in fact does! From Lebanon TN to West Carrollton, OH!, It pulled my Camaro SS on a tandem axel Uhaul trailer. 

The SS had a full tank of fuel and some parts in the trunk, 2 adults and a toddler in the cab with enough food and baby supplies to make it a couple days. So we weren’t running light.

Only complaints are that I wouldn’t mind another leaf spring to reduce squat and a stiffer swap bar. That’s about it.

I’m super impressed with the mpg’s on the trip! I got stuck behind multiple traffic jams from wrecks and construction zones, and even had to take some alternate routes on back roads. I never shut the truck off, took a ton of stops for naps, eating, gas, feeding and changing the baby’s diapers and still averaged 14.5 mpg’s over a 718.7 mile trip. The truck had over 23hrs on it from the trip. So I have no doubts it would’ve knocked down some really good mpg’s had it not been idled for all those hours.

This truck little 2.7L powered truck is awesome! :love: 

E6603E87-A882-4176-AD8F-598C6E20E67A.jpeg

ED240A54-9409-4977-8C1A-6CDA10386124.jpeg

Tino, Disney, 66sprint6 and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Raceall said:

Out of curiosity, and maybe I missed it, but why did the Camaro take a field trip to OH?

Took it to TKR (Tim King Racing) for a Max Effort Stage 4 6L90 rebuild, retune, etc. :yes: 

Man was it a looooooong drive up there with zero sleep and a toddler in tow! :dead: 

22 hours ago, JohnC said:

Took it to TKR (Tim King Racing) for a Max Effort Stage 4 6L90 rebuild, retune, etc. :yes: 

Man was it a looooooong drive up there with zero sleep and a toddler in tow! :dead: 

My wife and I drove from Paducah to Columbus, OH, once, but it was by ourselves and not pulling anything, and it was still a haul. Magnolia travels really well, but it would be tough on her. You have nerves of steel, brother.

JohnC likes this

56 minutes ago, Raceall said:

My wife and I drove from Paducah to Columbus, OH, once, but it was by ourselves and not pulling anything, and it was still a haul. Magnolia travels really well, but it would be tough on her. You have nerves of steel, brother.

What made it awful was I went to work Thursday, so I was up from 11am Thursday, got off Friday 5am, had to drive from Nashville to Brentwood to pick up the other truck from where we had the Katzkin leather done, then drove from there back to Lebanon. From there, I had to load pick up the trailer, load up the Camaro, pack the truck for 2 days of snacks and baby supplies, shower and then load the baby and wife. I had no sleep when I left, so it sucked. Worse, we hit traffic everywhere. Friday is a bad day to travel. :dead: 

3 hours ago, KNIGHT347 said:

Speaking of Camaros, have yall seen the next COPO Camaro for 2022?

I don't understand why Chevy made the power numbers lower for the big cube motors, but still nice. :yes:

Way out of my price range though. :meh: 

4 minutes ago, Chad said:

Been awhile since I've been here. Good to see people are still here. 

We never left, :love:

Glad you dropped in to say hi, thogh! :up: 

I hate Facebook with bit of my soul, but no one will leave that leftist run dictatorship to go back to forums nor even other social media platforms. :( 

Disney likes this

I know. A few friends of mine were all talking about how we missed forums. When you DMed me on Facebook I remembered I hadn't looked here in awhile. I also haven't had a running car in awhile so maybe that had a bit of something to add to it.

JohnC likes this

2 minutes ago, Chad said:

I know. A few friends of mine were all talking about how we missed forums. When you DMed me on Facebook I remembered I hadn't looked here in awhile. I also haven't had a running car in awhile so maybe that had a bit of something to add to it.

My junk had been broken since last year.

With my work schedule, a new baby, just bought and moved in to a new house, the hotrod was on the back burner.

It's now in the shop with Tim King at TKR getting a max effort stage 4 6L90 rebuild and retune. 

Hope this car finally runs like it's supposed to after thi$!

I had the bright idea to start 2 projects right before selling our house and moving into an apartment. Luckily I have some good friends at Skye Performance that allowed me to store my Sc and do all the work there on it. Same friend stored another Miata at his house to paint and replace the motor there when we weren't at the shop. Slow process, but hopefully at the end of the month we will close on a house down in Bell Buckle.

118536091_1035282043574809_3220352946078681619_n.jpg

224860384_616439069321748_4387561134251872945_n.jpg

202094574_10100873887047352_9176278752143686167_n.jpg

209439236_10100876704960232_4917724260854411647_n.jpg

66sprint6, JohnC and Ashley P like this

Sc had 2 holes in the motor and the miata is a replacement for the tree that took a nap on the old one last year.

Yeah should be fun. Precision 6776 on a stock bottom end. Shooting for 600 for now. After we close on the house I might order cams for it.

JohnC likes this

On 4/4/2014 at 1:45 PM, Chad said:

So far in the past two weeks

I've been laid off.

My ac unit went out Wednesday.

The wheel hub on the 240 is bad. Doesn't have a mile on it.

In the last 3? weeks

My son spun a rod bearing in my beater tuck.

He was using the lawn mower and a rocker stud backed out.  That must have damaged the exhaust cam assembly.  Parts ordered.

We just got back from an 880 mile tour of TN, now the van won't start, fuel pump is silent.

The backup minivan has a broken belt/knot on a tire.

Did I mention we've all got the Covid too?

I might sit down and write a country song.... :) 

Disney, 66sprint6, JohnC and 1 other like this

I'm just beyond thankful to be sick here at home, not in E TN, or stuck in between with the fuel pump that won't.   

I'm taking some breaks, but still trying to tinker on the mower when I feel like it.  I might order some tires and change them next week, Lord willin'.  It's kinda like Covid hits in waves, might feel really puny for hours, or descent for hours, or go from no fever to fever in about 2 minutes. 

JohnC likes this

On 8/2/2021 at 10:29 PM, JohnC said:

What made it awful was I went to work Thursday, so I was up from 11am Thursday, got off Friday 5am, had to drive from Nashville to Brentwood to pick up the other truck from where we had the Katzkin leather done, then drove from there back to Lebanon. From there, I had to load pick up the trailer, load up the Camaro, pack the truck for 2 days of snacks and baby supplies, shower and then load the baby and wife. I had no sleep when I left, so it sucked. Worse, we hit traffic everywhere. Friday is a bad day to travel. :dead: 

Brentwood huh, Auto Pro?

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

Car caught on fire today in front of the shop.

Today was his 1st day driving it. Just picked it up from the shop. He said he spent 80K on it. 

20210806_215109.jpg