Chad

Random thought thread

19,293 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, mstrpth said:

@JohnC

Watch "Security Responds To Inmates Beating Up Guards" on YouTube https://youtu.be/M1nAVIx_24U

Seen that video a while ago. It happens.

We had a Sargent on a Max (CLOSE) unit beat and stabbed recently. He opened the door to let the inmate out to shower and the inmate attacked him for no reason. The inmate claimed he was mad at an officer, couldn't get to him, so he just took it all out on the Sargent.

Inmates are dangerous and very unpredictable. You just never know when it's going to go down! 

We have NO weapons for self defense inside, not even pepper spray.

A radio and pod keys are all you have!

My back been killing me. 

I replaced all the bushings on the front end of my little single cab

20210311_043600.jpg20210311_043548.jpg

It really needed them. I also replaced the rack and pinion. 

Now it needs an alignment big time :yes:

20210311_093147.jpg

Ashley P, JohnC and Disney like this

^ Your alignment reminds me of those 1930s cars Jay Leno profiles.  I wondered why they had such camber.

Tino likes this

I'd be shocked if it went that cheap. But, it's a not well known auto auction so maybe you're the only one interested.I hope you can get it!!!!

JohnC likes this

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, KNIGHT347 said:

52k what it went for looks like.

I scrolled through their sold cars, the 69 Chevelle with paint falling off, cheap tires, and 68 GTO seats went for $20K!    Sellers market, or inflation?

https://ritchason.proxibid.com/Heavy-Construction-Equipment/1969-CHEVY-CHEVELLE-SS-COUPE/lotInformation/60139076

Edited by Ashley P

2 hours ago, Disney said:

How many did you buy? 

I'm calculation a smart aleck reply...I'll make it multiple choice.

A)  All of them.

B)  I spent all of my "stimulus" check on them.

C)  I bought one for each of you folks that runs an autotragic (the back of those shirts says "j/k, I'm gay"

D)  All of the above.

E)  One.  Mostly because I'm cheap AND....drive automatics myself every day. :embarrassed::barf: :sick:   (Does split shifting a 2 ton truck a year ago count for much??)

Ugh! How can FedEx be so damn shitty with their tracking and estimated delivery times???? I mean why say something that the label was created on March 15 in Northampton PA will arrive March 17 in Murfreesboro ?.........I dont see it happening at all unless it was flown by air.....Idiots I say

55 minutes ago, KNIGHT347 said:

Ugh! How can FedEx be so damn shitty with their tracking and estimated delivery times???? I mean why say something that the label was created on March 15 in Northampton PA will arrive March 17 in Murfreesboro ?.........I dont see it happening at all unless it was flown by air.....Idiots I say

US Postal Service is the worst. 

They’re slow to deliver and by the time they show tracking info, your package was deliver a day ago. 

God forbid it is signature required and you’re not home because they’ll make one attempt and then never come back to the door. I have literally had them take off when I came outside, too.

So annoying! 

2 hours ago, KNIGHT347 said:

The FedEx air terminal is in Memphis.   Flightaware.com will show their planes lined up this time of night.  https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KMEM

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

US Postal Service is the worst. 

You've apparently never had anything shipped DHL if you call the post office the worst.  Their tracking is the worst.  It takes forever for your items to move.  I will not ever buy anything shipped DHL.  United Package Smashers is also worse than the post office.

Edited by Kevin

you should try living in the middle of no where. Ups is the only company that can find my house. And that's because it's local drivers. All of the rest, including prime just drop it off at some mysterious house and call it done. I actually get maybe 4/10 packages. The rest show up after they've been opened and gone through by said house. They bring the stuff they don't want.

Disney likes this

On 3/4/2021 at 5:03 PM, KNIGHT347 said:

FWIW a high school friend of mine won Limited 235 there at Lights Out 12 ... with a Small Block Ford

That is a great class.  I prefer to watch the "slower" classes over RVW.

Know what I don't love? When i'm 36 hours into a 3D print and it goes tits up. Was over working on something else and I heard a faint "tink" from the printer. Went over to investigate and one of the larger supports fall out. Mother!!!!!!!! And it takes a ton of filament and I don't have enough left to start over. Gotta order more (out of stock) and then try again. No idea why that piece fell out. I've printed this thing 5 times already trying to nail down all the dimensions and this one was going to be the final print. Then it does this crap....

1 hour ago, Tino said:

Jaguar?   We try a to avoid working on "European cars", but Jags used to be very Ford-ish.  Seemed like very expensive Fords to me.   I'd almost rather have Covid than a Jaguar.   Buy at your own risk.  :) 

Tino likes this