JohnC

74 Nova Drag Car Build Project Mighty Mouse 74 Nova

Rate this topic:

132 posts in this topic

Going to make radial fest at Huntsville this weekend. Lot of changes so probably be like starting over again. Made a lot of changes at once so we will see how that works. Run down of changes: different stator in converter, lowered car in back, removed 100 lbs(new weight rules), changed cam and compression in engine. Other than that its the same!

Sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend! :3gears:

Keep us posted on how it goes. We love video and pics! :w00t:

Well changes may have helped a tiny bit. Made it down to 8 cars in X275 and ran a personal best 4.65 @ 151 mph. We will try to build off that data and see how much is left

My coworker that went said that your car was hauling the mail.  Are you going to be coming to Paducah, again, for OSCA?

I plan to be at the race, here in Paducah, unless something comes up.  I may try to go to Bowling Green, too.  I'll look you up.

Thanks guys. Its nice to get a little ink after all the effort. We will be racing at the Hill on September 7th come out and see us. I may try and make some test hits up there Friday night. Had a good season so far. I am leading the points in the OSCA True Street class. 3 races in and two #1 qualifiers, #2 at the other, two runner-ups and a win at Paducah a couple weeks back. Been to two X275 races and made it down to 8 cars at both of them. If this thing stays together we are hoping to have a good next couple of months of racing.

66sprint6, slim_9916, Cody and 1 other like this

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, JohnC said:

@Mighty Mouse any updates? :love:

Not a lot has changed..........yet. I am expecting to get to the dyno in the next week or so with the new LS based power plant. New shocks all the way around and finding ways to get more weight out of the car were the focus this off season. I also had a spread in the January 2016 issue of RPM magazine. https://issuu.com/rpmmag/docs/rpm16-01_webready_lr/1   

13335543_1141278895902746_16712362609319

Bennett finally got the new motor finished up last week. Hope to have it running by the end of the summer. It is new territory for me as I have zero LS based experience. I am trying to get things swapped over and find the correct flexplate and all the metric bolts for bellhousing etc. Once it is in the car the hot side plumbing will have to be redone. I am excited about it. This thing made about 75-80 HP more naturally aspirated than the old motor and the power band is about 1000 rpm higher as well! Under boost it will be a beast! Stay tuned for updates.

Chad, Cody, JohnC and 1 other like this

11 minutes ago, Disney said:

Whoa!!!  That's a twist in the story line I didn't see coming!  Looking forward to the results!

This all started at the end of last year. I knew in order to just stay mid pack in X275 I needed more power. The platform I was using last year could have been made better but it really would have been like starting over. Once I sat down with Jon Bennett and discussed it we could do the LS deal for not much more and have a good platform to build on in the future. I am hoping to have it in the car and tested ready for all the fall races. 

Cody, higherpowerracing and JohnC like this

This is a nice twist indeed! Looking forward to seeing this project com together!

Love me some turbo LSx! :yum:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk