Raceall

SCORE!!!

22 posts in this topic

I found a guy, yesterday on the internet, that was advertising 73-74 Nova parts for sale.  I had Dad call him while I was at work, and he told us to come by this morning and see what we wanted.  So, Dad met me at the house, and we drove to Benton.  Now, my truck is pretty loaded.  We drove away with both fenders, a fenderwell, headlights, headlight bezels, a grill, a spare hood, and some hard to get trim pieces for $140.  Granted, I have to buy some patch panels for the fenders, but $50 for two fenders plus $100 for patch panels is still a LOT better than $300 per fender for aftermarket.  It's a good day!

JohnC likes this

I would really like to see close to 600 hp at the crank, but 500-550 hp will be more likely.  The small block, that is currently in it, is probably good for about 420-430ish hp.

I was digging through my Classic Industries catalog, and added up the cost of new aftermarket replacements, and comparable items to parts that are not produced in the aftermarket for 73-74s, and came up with $1688 and some change.  73-74 Novas are harder to find parts for, because they were less desirable than the 68-72s.  What I find weird is that the aftermarket has started producing parts for 75-79s, which I think are fairly ugly.

JohnC likes this

This going to be a carb'd LSx or old school small block build-up?

I think it would be sweet to see a carb'd LSx in there. I like the mix if old school body style with new school power under the hood. :yum:

I've got one 4-bolt main 355 ready to go, already, and I've spoken for another one just to have on hand, so it'll probably be a gen 1 small block, at least for now. We're talking about building an LS, though. I'm trying to talk Dad into letting me do an LS swap in his Vette.

JohnC likes this

I've got one 4-bolt main 355 ready to go, already, and I've spoken for another one just to have on hand, so it'll probably be a gen 1 small block, at least for now. We're talking about building an LS, though. I'm trying to talk Dad into letting me do an LS swap in his Vette.

NOW you're talking!!!!! :hyper:

Cody likes this

Owning an LSx is tempting even as a Ford guy because what got me in to Mustangs was the cheap affordable pushrod 302.

I think if I went to a Ford dealership to buy a new 5.0 Coyote Mustang GT and they didn't make a fair deal, I'd have no problem going to the Chevy dealer and trying to work a deal on a new Camaro SS. :yes:

Have you seen this build.  He was a member on tennesspeed, but I don't think he has joined here.

http://www.tnrace.net/t5511-project-mighty-mouse-74-nova

I remember that car. Very clean and well done Nova race car! :yes:

Will quote his posts here since you have to be logged in to see the car. :up:

Edit: Copied his project over to here: http://streetntrack.net/topic/999-project-might-mouse-74-nova/

lsx is the way to go right now lol the new 5.0 if they ever get cheaper may be a better platform but i wanna see what they can do with this new lt1

600 be pretty easy with a 6.0 or 6.2. Mine shows on the calculators about 580 or so, with just a cam and a carb. No expensive parts inside.

Stop telling me how cheap it is to go fast with a Chevy.... Makes me want to scrap the 4.6L! :meh:

Mike, I remember Mighty Mouse. We almost bought a few parts off of him, a while back.

Bill, find me a cheap 6.0 or 6.2. And, when I say cheap, I mean CHEAP. Hahahaha

Ashley... I will be asking your wide to punch you in the throat. Hahaha

got too many variables there Raceall. Got to be the right 6.0, and tehre is not any cheap 6.2s. LOL. I got my 6.0 for 400. The heads were the good L92s. You can find the generic 6.0s with 317 heads for around 5-600 tho. Ditch the 317 heads and put some 243s or l92s on it and a cam, and be done.

got too many variables there Raceall. Got to be the right 6.0, and tehre is not any cheap 6.2s. LOL. I got my 6.0 for 400. The heads were the good L92s. You can find the generic 6.0s with 317 heads for around 5-600 tho. Ditch the 317 heads and put some 243s or l92s on it and a cam, and be done.

We need a thread explaining all these Chevy shortblock and head combo's for the non-Chevy folks. Never know, might breed another LSx swapped Ford. :dunno:

Ashley... I will be asking your wide to punch you in the throat. Hahaha

Wait 'til I tell my wiFe that you called her my "wide"... LOL!  wow!

Wait 'til I tell my wiFe that you called her my "wide"... LOL!  wow!

And this, gentlemen, is why using a phone to type is bad. hahahahahaha