Ashley P

Drag Racing....how about 300'? Dirt, sand, ect?

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone got any experience with dirt/sand drags?  There is a dirt track here in W KY that runs 300' and use a spot system based on drivetrain, weight, and tire mods.  The rules generally result in competitive racing between very different vehicles.  Ages ago (decades) the quickest "car" there was rear engined rail, blown alky BBC, probably in the 2000 hp ballpark.  He'd run I THINK about a 2.5 second 300'.

If you don't think dirt can be quick, see this...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RhJHZ13HVA

Edited by Ashley P

News to me.   I actually don't think that's true...maybe selling some of the old parts from it as the car just got a lighter K member?  As of a few weeks ago it was going together with the 394 that pushed the regal to a 5.95 (1/8 asphalt) on motor...speaking of Regal....it's been moved.  Hmmm....

The Nova was sitting in front of Granny's house with a For Sale sign, when I passed by, last Saturday.

The Regal's been moved?  I haven't had a chance to talk to Micah about it.  I need to try to catch him, at church, Sunday.

Pics of this Nova! :yes:

It's a 62-65 (I can't remember the exact model) drag car that AshleyP's uncles bought and cut the wheelwells out even more, shoved some paddle tires under it, and put her out on the dirt drags.

Posted (edited)

A recent Hemi Hunter video.   Close to 30 years ago I watched it barrel roll attempting to stop.  Now it's across the pond.

Edited by Ashley P
66sprint6, JohnC and Disney like this