66sprint6

MIGHT go to the Hill Fri

43 posts in this topic

Tax season ends today...thank the GOOD LORD above!!!!  Im lookin to blow off some steam and was thinkin Union Hill might be the place.  Havnt been down the track since the Friday before the BlueCoupe popped the motor!  The 66 is a ways away from running again so Im thinkin I might go and see how hard itll be to get my FWD econobox into the 8s on the stock tires.  I have never launched it so Im thinkin mid 2 second 60s and low 9s are more than likely where Ill be...which is exactly where the BlueCoupe was when I first started with it lol.  If the rain holds out Im thinkin Ill be there so if anyone else ends up goin, wont be hard to find me!

Matt

Kpate and JohnC like this

Is the hill close to me here in memphis? where is it in relation to MIR? I would like to go if its not too far...Im pretty sure thats where my co worker has been trying to get me to go.

Yeah Union Hill/Music City Raceway is north of Nashville like Mike said.  Probably not a good drive for you in Memphis LOL.  I miss goin every week so Im itchin to get out there and have some fun.  If the turnout was like it used to be when I first started racing, Ide happily drive out there just to watch but when its slow I enjoy jumping in and getting a couple passes in.

Matt

I won't be able to go this Friday. Got too much crap going on. If I did go, I'd probably be spectating because the trans needs overhauling, or replacement (not sure which until I open it up).

If you go and make any new friends, invite them over here! :w00t:

Will do.  Bring your junk to the track man and run it, might give me a chance to keep up somewhat if you cant shift for crap LOL.  If I bust out an 8.99 on the stock tires as it sits right now Ill do a backflip so you should have me covered no problem!!!

Matt

JohnC likes this

Will do.  Bring your junk to the track man and run it, might give me a chance to keep up somewhat if you cant shift for crap LOL.  If I bust out an 8.99 on the stock tires as it sits right now Ill do a backflip so you should have me covered no problem!!!

Matt

I'd definitely not be able to do any 8.7's the way this thing shifts.

It's so worn now, sometimes the shifter will go places it shouldn't. And it's odd, but pulling the shifter in to 2nd, you kind of have to go a little more left. If you don't, it isn't going in 2nd. So I bet I could miss a gear at the track really easy with the POS trans. :lol:

Take the Dakota lol

That would be worse! That thing has like, a 2 barrel TB with a couple big eggy looking fuel injectors on top of the 5.2L V8. Flooring it, I feel nothing after the mid-range. I mean, no topend power at all. :rofl:

Pretty sure it looks just like this:

38294900016_original.jpg?v=0

Maybe if I had the Shelby, it would be a little faster! :lol:

1989-Dg-Dakota-Shelby-Ad.jpg

Same truck with cosmetics,tuning and a different gear.

Interesting. Thought there would be more to it than that, but forgot this was in the early 90's when everything was more about "looks" than actual performance. :lol:

Yup, if work and the Fiance dont impede Im still plannin on bein there!!!  Kathleen wants to go out so I said SURE!!!  Night out at the races, toss in some Nachos and a Pepsi...sounds like a good time right?!?!?!  I was met with a blank stare of not-impressed at all-ness.  Im still gonna try to be there tho, been itchin to show that track how solid 9s are done round here!

Matt

JohnC likes this

Yup, if work and the Fiance dont impede Im still plannin on bein there!!!  Kathleen wants to go out so I said SURE!!!  Night out at the races, toss in some Nachos and a Pepsi...sounds like a good time right?!?!?!  I was met with a blank stare of not-impressed at all-ness.  Im still gonna try to be there tho, been itchin to show that track how solid 9s are done round here!

Matt

Better take that fiance of yours out or you're going to be in deep trouble! ;)

There is a Mellow Mushroom pizza joint and a Ben & Jerry just down from it in Nashville. I suggest Pizza and ice cream BEFORE going to the races! :yes:

You do want to be married to this girl, right? :love: :love:

Shoot if we do pizza and icecream before gettin to the track ill get some runs in of a different sort LOL.

Im gonna talk to her in a bit and see what the plans are, if I can manage Ill try to talk her into goin with me, get a couple runs in and then take her downtown for a bit.  

Matt

JohnC likes this

John don't sleep on that 5.2 in the Dakota, my Grand Cherokee ran 10.2's with one lol.

10sec 1/8 mile? :;3gears:

I thought it would be even slower than that! :lol:

Found someone claiming the Shelby Dakota truck ran this:

The Shelby edition 1989 Dakota with essentially the same engine package, was clocked at 16.4 at mid 80's mph with 3.90 gearing and being 2WD

Speakin of 10 sec 1/8 miles...I ran a couple of em Fri night LOL.  Grip was non-existant, ask the tube chassis badass corvette that launched straight into my lane and finished the race for me LOL.  He killed the 60ft lights for the night so I couldnt make any progress but best I could muster was a 9.7 @ 78mph.  I had decent MPH but literally had better traction in the parking lot than on the track.  FailWD FTL.  I might go back tho for redemption when it warms up and bring my tire pressure gauge with me to lower the fronts a bit more.  Hopefully the new rear motor mount I put it helps with the wheel hop and spin in 2nd.  Its funny, I got the car to hook a couple times half way decent by goin a little easier on the launch, literally no wheel spin but the second I hit 2nd gear it was wheelspin or wheelhop city.  Alot of nice folks at the track complimented the car despite being so slow!

Matt

How was the turnout up there?

I kind if figured track prep wouldn't be good up there. It usually isn't unless it's a busy day.

I've spun up there at the top before. I literally felt the rear of the car floating around in the grove and had to lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My JGC is a 97 with the 5.2, and 3.73 gears. I knew it would run in the 10's but I was surprised it ran 10.2. Especially with bigger tires on it. The rearend was fubared at the same time lol. People say that the 98 models with the 5.9 in them run in the 9's, but I'm pretty sure I could get mine to if I gave a ****. 

JohnC likes this

Turnout was low and slow.  I coulda ran all night and not waited more than a minute or two between runs if even.  Hell I was the first in the lanes and ran 2 of the first 3 runs of the night LOL

Matt