Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LSH8TER

Well it was either mickey's or nitto's drag radials

31 posts in this topic

And the mickey's won! Went and picked them up 20 minutes ago and hope to get them installed with my new bumper fillers and some exhaust changes this weekend. Cant wait to be able to use 1st and 2nd gear again (hopefully :))

255/50/16 ET streets....

I am hoping to get to the track in the next week or two and see where my lowish boost runs put the car.

Hoping for low 8s high 7s at low to mid 90s 1/8th mile but the way its been running lately it might just suprise me.

JohnC likes this

I was talking myself out of them cause I do drive the car a good amount and didnt want to be buying a set every 6 months...Then I heard from personal experience of a friend of mine that the nittos werent that much better in terms of longevity but were hands down behind the mickeys in terms of traction and believe me when I tell you this dam car can use all the traction improvements my wallet can stand....

Im going to miss frying the 225s till almost 70 but need to get a number out of it sooner or later so I said phuck it...

JohnC likes this

Congrats!

Pics after you install everything! :yum:

I had a set of M/T's for a while and they have some serious grip!

If I ever make some serious power, I might get another set.

Play with the pressure, find what you like then burn em just enough to get em to smoke and have fun!!!  I sold my 275/15s to a guy who still runs at the Hill and has seen the BlueCoupes taillights a time or 20.  I got to see him out with them and tried to lend a hand dialing in the pressure and watching from the line to see what he was doin but he didnt listen much.  I miss em already tho I think Ide have a hard time fittin em under the 66.  Ill prolly go with a 255 like you if i get any for it unless i can find room for the 275.  Good luck!

Matt

LSH8TER likes this

Yeah my dilema was finding anything less than a 295 for a 16 inch wheel and I knew those werent going on without some adjustments so I settled for these but on the 8 inch wheel should still be a 10+ inch contact patch....so what was a good pressure for the blue coupe that you found? I was gonna air down to 18 at the track and cruise them at 28-30 psi 

JohnC likes this

If memory is correct, between 14-16psi was the sweet spot for mine.  16 stands out the most to me.  Then Ide hit up the gas station right before the interstate and toss 30psi in em and go home.

Matt

LSH8TER and JohnC like this

Hell yeah If i can actually get down even close to a 1.6 Im hoping for low 7s 18th mile....sounds like these tires are the bees knees so Im having higher expectations now! 

JohnC likes this

1.65 60ft with a 275/15 on some 10 hole wheels (15x7s).  Only suspension mods the BlueCoupe had was some non adj uppers and lowers, 4cyl springs up front and no front sway bar.  Motor popped shortly after that which makes me sad cause those 60s were consitently dropping and the car was waking up nicely in the 1/8.  Was shooting for a 7.9x pass but never happened.

Matt

LSH8TER and JohnC like this

I have Hoosiers, and the new pro's to mount, but I have been 1.35 60ft on the Hoosiers. Hoosiers are lighter, I swapped from the old MTs to Hoosier and picked up .1 and 2 mph. BUT, they dont drive as good as MTs on street.

JohnC likes this

I have Hoosiers, and the new pro's to mount, but I have been 1.35 60ft on the Hoosiers. Hoosiers are lighter, I swapped from the old MTs to Hoosier and picked up .1 and 2 mph. BUT, they dont drive as good as MTs on street.

That's a rocking 60ft! :yes:

One day I will be there! :3gears:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Best way I can explain without use of gizmogadgetry, Pull outta water slow, stop, shift to 2nd dump clutch at 4k holding brake (auto guys...just do a brake stand) holding RPM consistant till you start to see smoke then roll off the brake and into the throttle till your outta the water and you done.  Hook em up and have fun.

Matt

Well I may have overdid that burnout just a little.  But it went 1.57 60ft.  I was was looking at the logs and thought I had a bad 3rd gear switch in the transmission.   Then I saw the MPH at 81MPH

JohnC likes this

Tires are on and my god what a difference! I can actually use 1st and 2nd gear now!....still wont hold on the line but Ill work around that....im very impressed and wont be using any other tire now....pics are coming

JohnC likes this

Man I really dont know what to expect out of this thing...fast buicks are funny they feel so comfortable even hauling *** I dunno where my butt dyno wants to put this thing....gm hightech did an article with a car using my exact setup and laid 520 lb ft at 18psi....im on 21 and they went high elevens I believe....my goal for the car is a low 11 in driver form

Edited by LSH8TER
JohnC likes this

Nice! I'd definitely be happy with low 11's! :w00t:

When you get low 11's, what's the next goal for it? High 10's? :love:

Mike, he's coming for you! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not gonna get that quick im sure....its going to be a good fight for low elevens but should be doable the only hurdle im going to have is making this stock converter work for me....may be hooking my small wet shot back up of spoolade soon depending how next track outing goes....

Plus that would involve buick on buick crime! Im only after the LSJuans :)

Edited by LSH8TER
JohnC likes this