aminga

1986 Buick T Type 2014 Updates - 86 Buick Turbo

Rate this topic:

121 posts in this topic

Got a little bonus and traded some stock options in to buy parts for the buick.

First up.

Fiberglass one piece rear bumper filler fresh back from paint.  This thing literally bolted on with no fitting.

3554893E-F5A9-4EDA-9533-5AE59627BC7D.jpg

Done but not photographed yet.

Resprayed the black trim polished the light lenses.

JohnC and LSH8TER like this

I wonder how my car would do with one of those intercoolers. I'm not exactly exstatic having this big monster heavy front mount hanging at the farthest point out on my car. I could change my weight balance a lot with a stock location cooler.

I wonder how my car would do with one of those intercoolers. I'm not exactly exstatic having this big monster heavy front mount hanging at the farthest point out on my car. I could change my weight balance a lot with a stock location cooler.

It's alot heavier than the stocker.  40 lbs or so

That intercooler setup is sweet.  Love the minimal piping to and from it!  

Matt

it hangs an 3" below the front frame rails though.  The scoop is cut out for the swaybar.

And I've got to relocate my front frame braces out about 2"

soooo niiiiccceeee....looking good man...Im so torn between front mounting my intercooler or going stock location like what you have...less piping is always better but stock location has its drawbacks as well :/

Edited by LSH8TER
JohnC likes this

A new part from twisted 6 racing.  Maybe if I can get out of this hospital and get back and put them on.  I need a catch/can on the valve covers to keep it from blowing oil but they I didn't want to give up the oil filler caps.  Here is a oil filler cap with a -12an to go to the can.

FFEB2B6D-C1AD-4999-B7A8-D97A696818AA.jpg

JohnC and LSH8TER like this

Thats a cool idea!  Im havin Blow-by issues on my 66 but dont have a screw on cap so I cut a rubber grommet to fit and added a 90* fitting.  If I had a screw on cap Ide have to bug Mike to hook me up!!!

Matt

JohnC likes this

Ive never been a fan of our inadequate traditional crankcase evac....that piece looks killer...I myself have been toying around with the idea to fab my own setup for something a little more effective.

JohnC likes this

Right on with a stock setup I would elect to keep it and just clean as needed...i learned with my turbo mitz that a single 1/4 inch line running to the inlet of the turbo from a single port on the valve cover is enough to keep the rings happy even at 30 psi as opposed to venting the case......makes a world of difference and would love to seal the buick motor up and run what you are from both valve covers to an exhaust venturi or the turbo inlet