I'm just curious how much the cars you all drive and race weight. :up: 

List:

Make, model and year of car:

Weight with driver:

Weight without driver:

Weight reduction mods:

I'll go first! :yes: 

1997 Mustang GT

3,440 lbs with driver (I weigh 220lbs naked, not sure how much more clothed) :lol: 

3,220 lbs without driver

post-1-0-71098600-1394770130_thumb.jpg 

Weight reduction from stock: spare tire and jack removed, Aluminum block PI swap and Aluminum drive shaft. Car was on 1/4 or 1/8 tank of gas. Can't recall, but know it was around that amount. 

Tremec 3550 added back some weight since it does weigh more than a T45 aka TR3650. :yes:

1991 Ford mustang

Weight I'll update when I weigh it.

Weight reduction mods. Removed jack spare tires, skinned up front when racing, no rear seats, no speakers/CD player, and tubular k member and a arms.

I think it will weigh around 3000 empty.

JohnC likes this

My truck is around 5700 with the bed cover and runs mid 14s on stock pulleys.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

Yeah I have been pricing some fiberglass pieces as well as tubular suspension goodies for the ole g body too. I think the ac compressor is on the fritz so with that deleted along with unbolting the unnecessary accompanying items....that with the exhaust  should drop about 80 pounds alone. As for the other stuff Its only money so they say.

I've got to figure out when to get a new DD before I consider AC delete.

Mine is leaking compressor oil now so I know it's about gone.

If I had a new DD now, I'd yank all the junk off the car right now. :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LSH8TER likes this

92 mustang (original 4cyl) notch.

Factory weight. 3010lbs

Current weight. 2200lbs

Race weight prolly around 2800-2850

Nice! What all weight reduction was done again?

Isn't every 100lbs of weight reduction worth something like a .10 in the 1/4 mile? I heard that someplace before, but not sure if it is true. :shrug:

Where can I get my car weigh? Other then the drag strip.

Usually at truck stops. Run in and tell them and they'll probably charge a small fee, but you get weight and a print out for your records.

I did my car in the pic above at CO-OP in Murfreesboro, TN. But they have since taken down that digital readout, so you have to go in the shack to see your weight.

CO-OP used to keep that scale on 24/7 so you could roll up at night for free and check your weight. :yes:

Tell them you want to weigh in the car without driver and with driver, then post pic or scan of weight ticket. :up:

92 Mustang coupe. turbo 350, LS iron block, no heat or ac, 8 gallon fuel cell. All stock seats(right now) stock dash with radio console and all. Still has carpet and door panels. 8 point roll bar, sub frame connectors, rear anti roll, 4 inch cowl hood. Last year at NMRA I weighed in where the class cars weighed, with me in it 2965 lbs.

JohnC likes this

92 Mustang coupe. turbo 350, LS iron block, no heat or ac, 8 gallon fuel cell. All stock seats(right now) stock dash with radio console and all. Still has carpet and door panels. 8 point roll bar, sub frame connectors, rear anti roll, 4 inch cowl hood. Last year at NMRA I weighed in where the class cars weighed, with me in it 2965 lbs.

Not bad at all! :up:

Are you right where you want to be weight-wise?

How much weight difference in the aluminum LS versus iron LS?

It's said to be 90lbs difference in the iron 4.6 versus aluminum 4.6 SOHC 2v for the Ford. :yes:

do u have the hvac unit pulled out from behind the dash? thats one thing im gonna do since im not running heat or A/C.

I dont have any of the unit I pulled out. It was pulled a couple years ago. JohnC, I am still trimming a little weight from the car, cut a little out last night. Stuff that is just there, in the way and not used. I plan on losing about 60 or so pounds in it for this year, and put the 4.30 gear in over the 4.10. It isnt much change, but the motor loves rpm's and It will still run the 1/4 mile with the 4.30s. i think it should trap about 72-7300 with them and i have had it to 7500 or so with no issues. The blocks are roughly 100 lbs difference. I had a 6.2 later last year, aluminum block, but parts dept screwed me out of it. Thats the next plan, to get a 6.2 and try and get it in the 5s. Still wanting to get my super vic intake, they are rumored to help alot. Hopefully by years end, it will weigh in about 2880-2900 and really looking for a 6.11-6.19. Its been 6.34 heavier and the carb is still pig rich just off theline, I think if I clean it up a tad, it will leave better and hopefully run a little better.  btw i also intend to get myself more "ideal" weight wise too. Me and the wife are both going on a diet in about 10 days. I plan to lose about 20 lbs at least myself.

Edited by fast92stang

Awesome!

Yeah, if I could get back down to 170-175 that would shave 45-50lbs right there! :lol:

I'd be happy to shave another 200lbs off the car for now.

Doesn't a tube k, a arms and front coil overs shave about 120lbs off an SN95?

I need to look up the weight removal thread again on the Corral. :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro