JohnC

Tennesspeed Day aka Blue-Collar Race Day

Rate this topic:

71 posts in this topic

You might want to try buffalo valley. I know the track is up hill. But the owners a nice guy. And with it being a track,that is off the beaten path. It might rent out reasonably. Just a thought. I think it's called middle Tennessee dragway now.

Edited by bada
JohnC likes this

Thanks! I'll check it out! Just want to have a track day where everyone can race, meet up and have a good time together! :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bump ☺

To cover a track rental, we'd need a lot of people in the pot for the cost so the ticket prices could be affordable and worth it.

I forget all the details and costs of renting the local tracks. I'd have to go back a search for the info, but it was very expensive to rent Beech Bend and Union Hill. :(

I'm not sure I could get people to pay absorbent ticket prices for a track rental when test and tune nights only cost $15-$20.

So it might be easier and cheaper to have an unofficial track day on a street legal night or test and tune night! Everyone could just agree on a day to meet up and have some fun at an agreed upon local track. :yes:

Find out how much they'll rent it for. If it is cheap enough, it might be doable. Track rental cost aside, it just depends on how many members we have that will commit to going and how much they're willing to pay to cover the costs via pre-paid tickets.  :yes:

Or everyone could just go to US43 March 14th. As long as the weather cooperates that's the first day it'll be open this year. 

I sent Andy a message about renting it, as well as a link to this thread, so we'll see what he says.

Cody and JohnC like this

If Im free on whatever day at whatever track, I will be there!  Even if its just the ST Ill show up and spin all night long and still have a blast!

Matt

Here is Andy's reply.

"We could do a Sunday afternoon 1:00 till 6:00 for a flat rate of $2000. This will include all track staff and full prep. Gate personnel will be the responsibility of the leasing party. Therefore, any monies collected at the gate will belong to the leasing party.

We will need a deposit to secure a date."

higherpowerracing likes this

Best price quote I've heard so far! :up:

So at that cost, we'd need to pre-sale 50 racers at $40 a ticket. :yes:

We'd need to get those sold pretty quick to be able to put the deposit down, which is probably half the track rental cost. 

If we account for spectators (maybe $10 and kids under 18 free?), we could reduce that cost to the racers, but knowing how many spectators will commit to showing up is impossible. So I'd feel more comfortable pre-selling non-refundable tickets to racers, and then anything we get over cost of the rental would just go in a pot for the next track day. :yes:

It kind of sucks all we can get is Sunday rentals. I'm going to lose some of my closest board members and staff because they have to attend church on Sunday. :(

That said, now the question is can we get 50 cars at $40 a ticket? If so, the only questions left are when to rent the track and who is volunteering to help! :up:

We'll need to setup a payment system (Paypal?). Buy serialized tickets to send back to the members who paid, etc. So if everyone likes the sound of this, let me know. We can start a poll to see if there is enough interest, and then if so, we'll start pre-selling tickets asap to get the down payment for the rental. :up:

Cody likes this

Thank you for inquiring with us at US 43.  When you guys get a date selected, just let me know so we can get it on the calendar.

As you can see below, our 2015 calendar is already full for Saturday events.  I would suggest an afternoon during the Spring season to avoid dealing with the scorching TN heat!

988465_10152999891969693_592438953061473

AaroNX, Cody and JohnC like this

Thanks for chiming in Andy. :up:

When I get back home tonight, I'll start a threat, get the word out and do a poll to see if we can get enough cars to go on an agreeable day.

Once I see interest, we'll work on pre-selling tickets to get you the down payment and work on setting up a date for the track day. :yes:

Will respond more asap... Got to run! :up: