JohnC

Tennesspeed Day aka Blue-Collar Race Day

Rate this topic:

71 posts in this topic

Guy's, I've been kicking around the idea of a track day to reunite all the local TN car guys. :3gears:

I don't know what we'd call it yet, but just because of past events, we could call it "Blue-Collar Race Day." I'll take suggestions on that. :lol:

I think it would be a good way to kickoff the start of a new era, rebuild friendships between the old and the new TN performance automotive enthusiasts and just have a crap-load of fun together. :yes:

If we went to a track like Beech Bend, last time Brodie rented it, the cost was $2,500. That's steep and we'd need about 64 cars to buy presold tickets at about $40 each to pull that off and break even.

Union Hill is only an 1/8 mile and I've not contacted them, but I'd think they would be cheaper since they're only an 1/8 mile. If they are, it might be a better option to bring down costs for everyone and it probably would be closer to home for most folks here.

And then we'd need volunteers. I recall when I helped at Tennesspeed Day, we had to work the ticket booth, tower/announcements and all ourselves. I'm not saying anyone has to give up racing to do that all day, but if folks can take a shift and help, that would be great. :yes:

Pulling this off really depends on how many cars we can pre-sale tickets to and the volunteers showing up and helping out. Hope we can do this, but can't guarantee anything yet.

:yes:

Sound doable, interested?

I've never done something like this before and will definitely need all the help I can get. :yes:

I would help. I'm in. You can contact Andy Hunt at us43 also. He is on tnrace.

Find out available dates and what hours we get the track for. Usually they do it before the regular saturday night program.

JohnC likes this

if my car is running and if college isnt to bad i would like to come. i would like to meet a lot of you

College.... What school you got to? :D

If the wife would let me make a roadtrip, I would be cool with helping. I've been told that I have a nice radio voice. hahahaha

Oh you're in! You're the public speaker! :lol::love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro v2.2

I talked about it in the Tennesspeed thread over there. :D

Still working on it. Union hill wanted $10k to rent a Saturday, so I think we can scratch them off the list.

He must have thought we were a big forum with a ton of members. Even though I explained we weren't.

I talked about it in the Tennesspeed thread over there. :D

Still working on it. Union hill wanted $10k to rent a Saturday, so I think we can scratch them off the list.

He must have thought we were a big forum with a ton of members. Even though I explained we weren't.

Ha $10k for one day at union hill. They have gone full retard.

JohnC likes this

Here is the reply I got back from Music City raceway:

Hi John:

Sounds like a great idea and would like to be of assistance.

A Saturday would be $10,000 because you would be renting out an existing program - Tuesdays are less, as are Fridays.

Depends of day and time of the year.

Some Sundays are good. Renting the track when we have a program will be expensive - but there are options of running a race within a race - and we can talk and I can be of assistance.

My cell is (615) 364-1944 and best time to call is afternoons mid week.

We will be at the track most of the day tomorrow.

Thanks and let me know - or touch base. The entire idea and concept sounds and is great.

Sincerely,

Rick Gonzalez

Music City Raceway

(615) 876 0981

I guess that's the White-Collar race track. :lol:

If the wife would let me make a roadtrip, I would be cool with helping.  I've been told that I have a nice radio voice. hahahaha

Face... You have a great radio face.

I am down for track day. I'll also help out.

Awesome. If we can get a track at a reasonable cost so everyone can afford the tickets, we're on! :up:

I'm still looking in to it.

Got to contact US43 next. If any of you have any pull up there, maybe we can work through you to get a better deal? Just tossing out ideas. :yes: