Mike

Heads Up Street legal drags at Jakes Dragstrip in Moulton, AL March 29th

Rate this topic:

16 posts in this topic

I'm going to try to make this one myself and run the Street Outlaw class.  It should be a good race for a lot of more realistic street cars.  Hopefully some turbo buicks are going to crush some Mustangs.

https://www.facebook.com/events/598509553538033/

http://www.jakesdragstrip.com/

Rules for classes.

http://www.jakesdragstrip.com/race-info/street-class-rules

Jakes Dragstrip is in Moulton, AL which I believe is a little west of Decatur.  Maybe 45 min. from the TN/AL line on I65.

JohnC likes this

It could get interesting.  

The OSCA class I plan to run this year does not allow boost controllers.  So, I have no way to control how fast the boost comes on and I can't regulate it down.  Basically I run a line to the wastegate to hold it slammed shut and make all the turbo will make.  I'm going to try it out for the first time at this race.  I'm going to start off low on leave rpm in hopes it tames it down, but it could have some tire's in the air.

JohnC likes this

It could get interesting.  

The OSCA class I plan to run this year does not allow boost controllers.  So, I have no way to control how fast the boost comes on and I can't regulate it down.  Basically I run a line to the wastegate to hold it slammed shut and make all the turbo will make.  I'm going to try it out for the first time at this race.  I'm going to start off low on leave rpm in hopes it tames it down, but it could have some tire's in the air.

You just got to make sure to get video of these runs! I must see this! :hyper::love:

Well I'm out.  I didn't get my valve covers back this weekend and I'm out of town until Friday. it took a day to wrestle the passenger side one off the car.  Don't think I can get in and get them coated and back own.

Sadly,  It looks like I won't make it either.  My weekend free time is contingent on how much time I can give my wife during the week.  This child rearing is hard work.  I had a last minute trip out of town and I won't be back until Friday.  I wouldn't feel good turning around and leaving the next day to go racing.  It sucks because I would have had good help there getting the car tuned in.

And, because I've been exhausted lately from the sleepless nights, I haven't gotten as much done on my car as I would have liked.  I'll update my build thread soon, but I've been doing a lot of work lately, mostly unseen.  The car is 100lbs. lighter and no one but me could point out what's changed.  I've also fixed some of the last minute rush stuff I did last year to make the buick race.

JohnC likes this

Me and the wife. Drove all the way down there today. They were closed. I called the phone #s before we left. Left messages, for them the call us back, if the event was called off. No recording for the track. Called the # for dave, many times on the way down. LEFT  my # asked him to call me back. Before we drove all the way down there, just to find it was closed. Wife checked on their facebook page, several times, while we were on the road. Found no updates, as we were traveling. We never received a return call. So we when all the way to the track. just to find the gates locked. And not even a sign on the gates. What a bummer. On a positive note. At least we drove the back roads home. Saw parts of Tennessee, we had never been through. And I got to spend the whole day with my lovely wife.

JohnC likes this

Me and the wife. Drove all the way down there today. They were closed. I called the phone #s before we left. Left messages, for them the call us back, if the event was called off. No recording for the track. Called the # for dave, many times on the way down. LEFT  my # asked him to call me back. Before we drove all the way down there, just to find it was closed. Wife checked on their facebook page, several times, while we were on the road. Found no updates, as we were traveling. We never received a return call. So we when all the way to the track. just to find the gates locked. And not even a sign on the gates. What a bummer. On a positive note. At least we drove the back roads home. Saw parts of Tennessee, we had never been through. And I got to spend the whole day with my lovely wife.

Closed because of rain?

Their website said too much standing water in the pits and parking. I wish they would have moved to another weekend, then I could go. My car and trailer will be ready by the end of today.

JohnC likes this

Closed because of rain?

I am not sure. It was dry, when we got to the track,  at around noon. And we still, have not heard anything, from the track. All I can say for sure is. The roads were dry at that time. We even ran thru some patches of sun. No return calls, left my # and several messages. Asking for a call back, before we drove all the way down there. Nothing at the time on facebook. And no sign on the gates, saying closed, rained out, or anything.