JohnC

Post Memorable Dragstrip Pictures Here of Your Cars And Trucks!

64 posts in this topic

Listening to my friend talk trash and tell me his new 05GT was going to give me a run for my money. I took the challenge. :3gears:

His sister, g/f soon to be wife had to sit in the stands and watch me hot-lap while putting cars between us! :rofl:

gallery_1_1_5076.jpg

ouch that just hurts....Hahahaha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ouch that just hurts....Hahahaha

That was a fun day! :yes:

Can't wait to do it again between my 97 and your 94 GT! :w00t:

Ready to lose? :dunno::lol:

Hahahaha if I showed up at the track with the green machine right now I'd be laughed off the track!

Hahahaha if I showed up at the track with the green machine right now I'd be laughed off the track!

I mean when you get the 94 GT running right. :up::love:

Chris likes this

This picture was taken from Tennesspeed Day in 2005, I think.  I hauled AshleyP's TA, for him, and we ran a 12.05 with a stock 455 (with the exception of an aluminum Edelbrock intake).  If I remember, it had a Jericho 4-speed, and we had a set of liftbars that were too short.  The car was very violent off the line, but the liftbars would unload too quickly.  We were shooting for high 11s.  We were going to take the car in 06, but when putting the engine back in; with different heads, bigger cam, and higher compression, the chain broke.  The engine fell from about waist high and bent the snout on the crankshaft.  That was about two days before Tennesspeed Day. We should've been low to mid 11s with that tune up.

Hey, AWESOME Trans Am! 

Some corrections:  I heard it had a stock GTO cast iron intake and the original low compression Trans Am heads that were ported.  Liftbars unloaded a little soon, or the car needed another 100 HP.  And violence off the line is a good thing, right?

Has it been since 05????????

Edited by Ashley P
JohnC likes this

Hey, AWESOME Trans Am! 

Some corrections:  I heard it had a stock GTO cast iron intake and the original low compression Trans Am heads that were ported.  Liftbars unloaded a little soon, or the car needed another 100 HP.  And violence off the line is a good thing, right?

Has it been since 05????????

Crazy it has been so long.  We were the envy of the track with the air compressor and tools. lol  Getting the grille to stay lit was a little tough, though.

Hey, I remember a couple of things...our friend who had a Fox that ran low 12s let my brother drive his car, and I raced my TA against him.   Out of the corner of my eye I could tell I was keeping him about a fender behind me.    About the 1000' mark I looked over...he was shaking his fist at me.  Back in the pits I asked what was going on..he said while going down the track that something was blowing around in the car in front of his face, he made some swipes and grabbed....a $5 bill and was showing to to me...

And I remember my youngest bro driving my car against Moody.  He let it bog, it had to leave the line over 5000 AND go WOT before the clutch release.   Ah..3.50 gears at slicks.  That was the first time I had those gears and tires...my first time launching I almost killed the engine it hooked so well.  And I loved how heavy it made my helmet feel...

Now that car has weeds growing all around it...

Edited by Ashley P

2007 KenneBell GT500IMG_0525.jpgIMG_0529.jpg

Went 11.12 later that same day.

2010 GT500 twin-turboPTGT500.jpg

Pic not taken at the track, but the car did go 10.76 @137 first (and only) pass down the quarter mile. 1.91 60ft, too!

Leslie's '65 Fastback

I just now realized this is Brodie by the pictures :)
JohnC likes this

wish i could find pics from all of the trips to the dragstrip, or just pictures of all of the mustangs racing or not :/

JohnC likes this

Yep, it's me! Maybe I should have John change me back to garagelogic?!

I have SN changes enabled.... If you don't find the setting, let me know and I can change it for you. :up:

My Admin CP shows this:

Allow display names (Yes) If enabled, the member can choose a "Display Name" that is separate from their "Log in UserName". 

So whatever your login name is, it would remain the same for logging in to the forum. Your Display Name would be whatever you want and it would be visible to the community. :up: