Raceall

Chevrolet Reaper

33 posts in this topic

I agree.  The hood and grill look odd.  As is, it still looks better than the FORD grill on the Raptor.

I agree.  The hood and grill look odd.  As is, it still looks better than the FORD grill on the Raptor.

Hater. :shiftyeyes:

:lol::up:

The front end looks like somebody punched a Dodge in the nose and slapped a bowtie on it.  But, yes, it still looks better than the Ms. Piggy looking nose of the Ford.

Interesting....wonder about suspension upgrades outside of slapping springs and shocks on it i.e. suspension arms, mounting points, etc.

Nice of the Raptor to share its bedside decals with the Chevy.  If I had a Raptor that would be my first mod, strip all the decals off.  Nice to see some other companies gettin in on the upgraded, fun truck segment again.

Matt

I think the Raptor looks pretty awesome.  However, the grill is terrible.  If I had $60k to waste on a new truck, I'd stop by the parts department on the way out of the Ford dealership with my new Raptor.

Nice of the Raptor to share its bedside decals with the Chevy.  If I had a Raptor that would be my first mod, strip all the decals off.  Nice to see some other companies gettin in on the upgraded, fun truck segment again.

Matt

Ford is always a step ahead :duck:

I think the Raptor looks pretty awesome.  However, the grill is terrible.  If I had $60k to waste on a new truck, I'd stop by the parts department on the way out of the Ford dealership with my new Raptor.

I think if I had 60k to waste on a new truck ide drive by the parts department in a 70s 4x4 waving $50k and yellin "look what yall wont be gettin suckeeeeers"

This mostly stems from the lack of give a **** our parts department used to have towards customers with older vehicles.  Yes, they had the parts layin around, I often when and found em myself and if they didnt they could get em but HEAVEN forbid you ask one of the desk jockeys (2 in particular) for somethin sheeeeesh.  I even worked there and they gave me hell...which is why I would usually walk past em and go get it myself then pay the cashier for it.  

Matt

Kpate likes this

The first thing I would do after buying a $60k truck is try to outrun my wife. :eeek:  :truestory:

My wife wants a Raptor. Sad thing is, in this economy, by the time she finds work and gets financially able to buy one, they probably will have stopped making them. Story of my life when it comes to wants, too. :meh:

My wife would cut off my testicles, and hang them from the rear-view mirror, if I brought home a $60k truck.

My wife is of the mindset, all financials in order and the money is there (not meaning wiping all your savings and investments out), it's OK to buy a Raptor or GT500.

Problem is, I don't see myself being able to drop $60k on a toy anytime in the next 5 years even. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro v2.2

My wife is of the mindset, all financials in order and the money is there (not meaning wiping all your savings and investments out), it's OK to buy a Raptor or GT500.

Problem is, I don't see myself being able to drop $60k on a toy anytime in the next 5 years even. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro v2.2

Mine is pretty much like that, too.  She doesn't mind if I have toys as long as the bills are paid, we save, etc.

JohnC likes this

Mine is pretty much like that, too.  She doesn't mind if I have toys as long as the bills are paid, we save, etc.

When we do start pulling in good income, things will get really cool vehicle wise! :yes:

I'm too much of a cheap *** to spend 60k on a vehicle. I have a hard time when it gets north of 25k..... :shake:  :shake:  :shake:

Option B would be to get an older F150 and clone a raptor....Plenty of aftermarket parts to do it.... :evild:

Yeah...Ide love to have a GT500 and if I had the cash Ide spend it in a heartbeat but like Pate said, Ide prolly end up building a nasty Fox and saving the rest lol.  Ive never had money so Ive always had to make due with what I got and have fun with what I can afford along the way.  The ST was the biggest automotive investment yet for me and I didnt pay that much for it especially compared to what people my age deem necessary to keep up with the Jones'.

Matt

Kpate likes this

I make good money and I can't afford a 60k truck. Hell I'm not sure I could afford a new base model truck. :) I'm not real suprised any of the big three are struggling, their new cars are out the reach of most people.

How long do they finance these things for now? On 5 years at 0% interest, $60k would be an $1000 a month payment.

Kpate and JohnC like this

Yeah seriously, even with the best rate to year plan you could get it would still be a CHUNK!!!  I got 0%/60mo on the ST and its super manageable but I cant imagine financing somethin like that.  Saw people do it ALL the time tho back in the day...would make me sick.  Dudes in BRAND NEW Dodge Rams (not tryin to pick on any brands or bash anything, it was always Dodge Rams) would come in and we knew trouble was comin.  They would try to trade them in bein SUPER upsidedown and then continue the insanity by buying the most expensive F150 or F250 they could get.  It would take the best finance manager in the place to try and convince ANY bank out there to take the loan and this was after repeated attempts to talk the guys out of it.  This happened quite often inculding one very very memorable time involving the "Nascar" F150 which the guy now owes more than he paid for his (trailer) home.  Also, the only way these guys could get bought was at ridiculously high interest rates which compounds the issue.

Matt

JohnC and Kpate like this

I hate car payments! :yes:

And the NASCAR Truck.... Those were a JOKE! About as special as the F150 "Nite Series."  :lol:

A F150 with NASCAR stickers, etc.

A whopping 220hp!  :bow: