Raceall

Kind of an expensive Christmas Present

66 posts in this topic

I honestly don't know why you would want an "offroad" 2wd truck.

beefed up suspension makes towing easier.

This.....or a desert pre-runner look.

Forgot about that, but then again.... Around here there is no desert and if you don't have 4wd, you won't be doing much off-roading in "them thar TN hills."

I think that I'm at a truck plateau, now.  I bought my first truck in 98 to haul parts for my Nova.  It was an 84 shortbed 2wd Chevy.  In 01, I bought a 99 quadcab Dodge.  After getting it, I said I'd never have a regular cab truck as a daily driver again.  In 05, I bought my first crew cab, and said I'd never go back to just an extended cab.  Then, the last truck was a crew cab 4wd, and I've gotten spoiled with 4wd, so I can't go back to a 2wd.  I guess, I'm going to have to go to a dually, next. hahahaha

JohnC likes this

I think that I'm at a truck plateau, now.  I bought my first truck in 98 to haul parts for my Nova.  It was an 84 shortbed 2wd Chevy.  In 01, I bought a 99 quadcab Dodge.  After getting it, I said I'd never have a regular cab truck as a daily driver again.  In 05, I bought my first crew cab, and said I'd never go back to just an extended cab.  Then, the last truck was a crew cab 4wd, and I've gotten spoiled with 4wd, so I can't go back to a 2wd.  I guess, I'm going to have to go to a dually, next. hahahaha

How about single rear wheel 1 ton 4wd with a diesel? :yum: That is if Chevy makes them that way. I know Ford did in the past. :yes:

Only way I'd go dually is if I really had to pull some heavy weight and needed the extra stabilization.

hahaha  The wife told me I better put a ring on this truck, because it's mine for many years. lol

I was told the same thing when I bought the 77 F100 back in the day...but she said "rings" and instead of my wife tellin me, it was the lady at the Marta place tellin me after I failed inspection and filled the place up with smoke  :evild:

Matt

I was told the same thing when I bought the 77 F100 back in the day...but she said "rings" and instead of my wife tellin me, it was the lady at the Marta place tellin me after I failed inspection and filled the place up with smoke  :evild:

Matt

HAHAHAHA  When I bought my 84 Chevy, I had to have it inspected because it came from out of state.  When, the lady asked me to blow my horn, I had to rolled down the window and yell, "HOOOONNNNKKKK!!!!" since my horn didn't work.  She just laughed and checked it okay.

JohnC likes this

LOL!!!  NICE!  I passed my drivers test in my 66 but the car actually failed inspection on every level except seatbelts and the lady tried to stick me cause they were lapbelts and she couldnt see em initially, which would have meant no test at all but THEN, she 180ed on me and was like, I had a 67 back in the day so I get it lol.  That was the start of a long career of making crappy old vehicles pass tests they shouldnt have ever passed!!!  I actually find it boring now when I go get emissions tests cause I KNOW I will pass...theres no "what if" or "wonder whatll happen this time" anymore lol.  Pates old truck pops up a CEL after driving 5 minutes every time but I shut the truck down before pulling in the bay and its gone long enough to pass.  Other than that Im pretty boring these days.  Need to buy another Fox and run it through with HCI, tune and fake cats again.  They would give me this look like you got no chance sucka...then Ide pass with flying colors LOL

Matt

Edited by 66sprint6
Kpate likes this

We don't have to deal with the smog test and all, in Western KY.  Back in the day, Dad got pulled over for loud pipes in his 73 Nova.  So, he went to the courthouse, and the cop asked him to fire it up and lay into it.  Dad said it rattled every window in the place.  The cop told him to quieten down, and they write the ticket off.  He went and had a couple of short glasspacks and went back.  Cop did the same thing.  Dad ended up with two glasspacks, two Thrush turbos, and still had to pay the ticket.

LOL!!!  NICE!  I passed my drivers test in my 66 but the car actually failed inspection on every level except seatbelts and the lady tried to stick me cause they were lapbelts and she couldnt see em initially, which would have meant no test at all but THEN, she 180ed on me and was like, I had a 67 back in the day so I get it lol.  That was the start of a long career of making crappy old vehicles pass tests they shouldnt have ever passed!!!  I actually find it boring now when I go get emissions tests cause I KNOW I will pass...theres no "what if" or "wonder whatll happen this time" anymore lol.  Pates old truck pops up a CEL after driving 5 minutes every time but I shut the truck down before pulling in the bay and its gone long enough to pass.  Other than that Im pretty boring these days.  Need to buy another Fox and run it through with HCI, tune and fake cats again.  They would give me this look like you got no chance sucka...then Ide pass with flying colors LOL

Matt

Or go through it with a pre-1995 diesel......they can't do anything but check the box saying it's a diesel and send you on.... :2fingers:

Let me rephrase, here's a pic.  My internet is kind of slow around the house, and the other pic is taking too long to upload.  I'll post it, or some better ones, later.

Let me rephrase, here's a pic.  My internet is kind of slow around the house, and the other pic is taking too long to upload.  I'll post it, or some better ones, later.

What is your internet speed?

I've been posting some super large pictures lately (like the 2015 Mustang pics) so if you're having issues seeing threads because of HQ large file zise pics, let me know and I'll start posting smaller images. :up:

FINALLY, I snapped a couple of pics of the new truck, albeit a couple of crappy ones.

Yes, definitely like the looks more on the new Chevy trucks!

What is your internet speed?

I've been posting some super large pictures lately (like the 2015 Mustang pics) so if you're having issues seeing threads because of HQ large file zise pics, let me know and I'll start posting smaller images. :up:

I think my speed is about the slowest DSL you can get.  And, I think part of it was that my wife was online, too.

I'd go crazy on slow internet. I have 105Mbps down and 20-something up.

I forget sometimes that folks might have slow internet when I post pictures. I'll make sure to post smaller images for now on. :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro v2.2

Is go crazy on slow internet. I have 105Mbps down and 20-something up.

I forget sometimes that folks might have slow internet when I post pictures. I'll make sure to post smaller images for now on. :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro v2.2

It never bothers me with images that are already posted.  Mine just sits there and churns when I upload something. lol