JohnC

Post your best slips and video!

168 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

...tho the funds I set aside for the GT have just been tossed back in the bank pending some recent news so you will be passing me in no time Im sure!

Matt

There aren't a lot of things that can cause this for a car guy.  Let's hope it's one of the good reasons 

Ashley P, 66sprint6 and JohnC like this

Every Tax Season I bust my ass at work, scratch together some extra pay with plans to blow it on an Early Bronco or on one (or all) of my cars.  Every SINGLE year something else pops up and, thankful to have the cash available, scrap those plans and do whats right and best.  This year I put my foot down and said that I would spend every single PENNY I made on the junk in my driveway, even had Kathleen suggesting I do so (which I always do oddly enough).  Had my list, got my check and was ready to start pulling some triggers and theeeennnnnnnnnnnnn...

a really good reason to not buy car stuff came around. :lol:

We have been keepin it super quiet as its still early on but its hard to keep it to ourselves.  That money will now go towards getting Kathleen thru her Masters a bit quicker than originally planned and then towards whatever else is needed along the way.  I will post more as things go but to say Im excited is an understatement for sure!

I still plan on shooting for the 7's but will have to do so as it sits for the moment. (challenge accepted lol).  I could spring for some bias ply's but with the clutch feeling funky Im gonna play it safe and wait and see what it does.

Matt

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

I could spring for some bias ply's but with the clutch feeling funky Im gonna play it safe and wait and see what it does.

Does your trans have a 26 spline input?  

Its a 23 spline MT82. :smirk:  I considered your RXT when you posted it up even tho it would be massive overkill for my mild bolton DD car, but then I realized that the MT82 comes with a 23 spline input shaft rather than 26.  With the price of parts, clutches included, for this car I almost wonder if TN Clutch might not be a good route.  They did an amazing job on the dual friction setup for the 66.

Matt

IMG_20170517_085727959_zps7gdl5stg.jpg

New best 60ft, ET and I believe MPH as well.  All on a hot night with a DA of 2262 (according to dragtimes DA chart).  Ran an 8.06 earlier in the day which would have been my new best ET.

Matt

Cody likes this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Cody said:

Congrats, now get some tires on that thing so you can break the weak link(s).  Nobody wants their car to have weak links, right?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Changed for optimism. :up:

Edited by Ashley P
66sprint6 and Cody like this

The SS lived up to its name once again... "Slomaro"

It ran a low 9 second pass first run and then a couple of crappy high 8 second passes.

It ran high 8's in Drive (not Sport) last time at the hill, so not sure what's going on. I figure the DA didn't help, though.

The car feels lazy out of the hole. I'm almost questioning if the stupid thing was taking off in 2nd gear.

But if that's all it's got, I think I'll have to drop in a steeper rear axle gear to get this land yacht moving out properly.

Cody likes this

27 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The SS lived up to its name once again... "Slomaro"

My children think SS stands for "super slow".   Bias?  Maybe. :D

The DA was way better last time you were out for sure.  You picked up a ton between your first run and last thanks to some tuning tweaks.  Get that radiator to stop moving around and then get the tune dialed in and itll be back!

Matt