JohnC

Post your best slips and video!

168 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 3:36 PM, forged370 said:

How do you cut a 1.0 sixty dannng

Sent from the Matrix...

All boost in as quick as I can get it there.....and like Mike said the unicorn piss don't hurt! In that session I went 1.09, Jared Johnston went 1.02! I still have work to do.

JohnC and Cody like this

Nice run man!!!  You picked up 2mph and a good bit in the 8th from last time at the Hill!  That car is knockin on 12's door as it sits...get the tune tweaked out and your all over it.

Matt

20 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Nice run man!!!  You picked up 2mph and a good bit in the 8th from last time at the Hill!  That car is knockin on 12's door as it sits...get the tune tweaked out and your all over it.

Matt

Only change was turning TC off and putting the shifter in M.

M is manual mode if you use the buttons.

But if you don't shift, it's "Sport Mode" which has quicker, firm shifts. :yes:

The track started going, and the air never got cooler, so i gave up after the 4th pass showed a slow 60ft.

Before the 4th run, it clicked off 3 consistent 13.1's.

Cody and 66sprint6 like this

37 minutes ago, dr.art said:

Dead stock, street tires, t/c control on, 12.8. 110 mph , best of 3 runs

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Must be nice to have a 12sec car stock. :yes: 

Congrats! :up: 

1 hour ago, dr.art said:

Auto sir, you should have been there

I wanted to be very very badly.  Tis the season to be stuck at my desk tho...couple months and Ill be able to come out and play more often!!!

Matt

JohnC likes this

I cut a 1.94 60 but I couldnt get the 1-2 shift to hold.  I kept dialing back the RPM and it just wasnt having it.  With a couple more runs I coulda probably made it happen but who knows.  Clutch was getting super smelly and this morning Im feeling some vibrations in the pedal when shifting so theres another part that needs to be addressed in my quest for 7's.  Slap good tires on it and she's there all day long...but a 7.9 on street tires is not impossible...unless your me...at Union Hill LOL

Matt

Posted (edited)

Stage as shallow as possible.   Might be enough to get into the 7s.   I once got a 7.9XX from a normal 8.0X because it rolled backward out of the prestage beam just before I dumped the clutch.

Edited by Ashley P
66sprint6 likes this

19 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Stage as shallow as possible.   Might be enough to get into the 7s.   I once got a 7.9XX from a normal 8.0X because it rolled backward out of the prestage beam just before I dumped the clutch.

I thought about that last night.  Ill try to remember that next time!

38 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You keep getting faster and I'm never going to catch up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran a 5th Gen SS, Red Auto with K&N Intake and exhaust (Only mods I could see, never got to talk to the guy) and ran a 8.14 to his 8.5 but he cut a nasty light (.0059 to my .4040) on me and I had to chase him down to win by .0100.  I reeled him in like he had pulled the shifter into park half track (like the Vette did me) but damn it nearly wasnt enough track to do so.  You end up going past the bolt on/tune dept, with that Auto I will have to be on tires to even dream of having a consistent chance if we line em up.  I might be able to bench race you with my times but side by side, you cut a decent light and a decent 60 which you will and Ill have to do the same to stay ahead regardless of what times they both run.

Matt

On 5/3/2017 at 11:26 AM, 66sprint6 said:

I thought about that last night.  Ill try to remember that next time!

I ran a 5th Gen SS, Red Auto with K&N Intake and exhaust (Only mods I could see, never got to talk to the guy) and ran a 8.14 to his 8.5 but he cut a nasty light (.0059 to my .4040) on me and I had to chase him down to win by .0100.  I reeled him in like he had pulled the shifter into park half track (like the Vette did me) but damn it nearly wasnt enough track to do so.  You end up going past the bolt on/tune dept, with that Auto I will have to be on tires to even dream of having a consistent chance if we line em up.  I might be able to bench race you with my times but side by side, you cut a decent light and a decent 60 which you will and Ill have to do the same to stay ahead regardless of what times they both run.

Matt

I hear the stock mufflers are so good on these Gen 5 SS cars that there is literally no gain by swapping. You just get rid of the ugly looking mufflers and get better sound.

The K&N CAI, without a tune, will probably not make it go any faster.

An 8.5 1/8 and 13.1 1/4 is basically what a bone stock L99/A6 runs. :yes: 

The A6 cars get to 60 mph faster, but the M6 SS will get a quicker 1/4 time slip. 

Stock L99s CAN run 8.5s around 83 mph according to the "Fast List" but most dont.  At the Hill most "stock" L99 cars Ive seen run high 8's low 9's at 79-80mph with the slower ones being Verts (heavier).

The SS I ran last night was runnin what you run now (8.5 at 85 mph) so your both doing better than some of the actual stock cars Ive seen.  Either way, your tune will help pick up the pace whenever you get it sorted out thats for sure.  Listen to Disney and Ill have to get to work to keep ahead of you...tho the funds I set aside for the GT have just been tossed back in the bank pending some recent news so you will be passing me in no time Im sure!

Matt

Stock L99s CAN run 8.5s around 83 mph according to the "Fast List" but most dont.  At the Hill most "stock" L99 cars Ive seen run high 8's low 9's at 79-80mph with the slower ones being Verts (heavier).

The SS I ran last night was runnin what you run now (8.5 at 85 mph) so your both doing better than some of the actual stock cars Ive seen.  Either way, your tune will help pick up the pace whenever you get it sorted out thats for sure.  Listen to Disney and Ill have to get to work to keep ahead of you...tho the funds I set aside for the GT have just been tossed back in the bank pending some recent news so you will be passing me in no time Im sure!

Matt

If they run high 8's then they probably raced in Drive, not M aka Sport mode.

At first I thought M was only for shifting manually with the buttons on the back of the steering wheel. But I read up and found as long as you don't shift with the buttons, it goes in to Sport.

Sport mode shaved a lot off my 1/8 mile. :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk