JohnC

Post your best slips and video!

195 posts in this topic

No had more rpm do not know what you r hearing maybe the squeaking. It has a 3.50 gear in it now and last time shifted at like 6900-7000 but will take it to 7500-7700 with new Holley Hi Ram intake manifold.

Another vid

My car in this vid was down a cylinder....fuel cell guy left all kinds of aluminum shavings in the cell for me after he drilled out for the cap....clogged an injector that we tracked down after 2 track and lots of dyno time

The crown vic is awesome!
JohnC likes this

Yeah Mike still the lf 88. I would love to put a promod 85 on it but hard to sink 5g in one and not be able to get 50 cents on the dollar for a lf 88 with 35 runs on it. I am making some converter changes and I have a new gear I want to try. Also looking at some suspension changes and maybe a cam change. It needs some mph and not real sure where to find it. The car runs the front half decent but isn't running the back like I think it should. At Huntsville in October it went 1.11 60' 3.07 330' and 4.70 @ 151. I think it should be running 155 so I have some work to do.

What rear axle ratio are you running? Would going to a slightly higher gear get some MPH without slowing it down ET wise?

Currently have a 4.10 in it. I have another center section with a 3.89 in it ready to test so that is my thinking as well but until I try it I don't know.

JohnC likes this

Currently have a 4.10 in it. I have another center section with a 3.89 in it ready to test so that is my thinking as well but until I try it I don't know.

Yeah, let us know the results. I'm curious to know how the gear will effect it alone with no other mechanical changes to the motor. :yes: 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎16‎:‎04‎, Ashley P said:

3325??   On my computer screen it doesn't look that heavy....

Well maybe you should check the calibration on your screen scales lol

Ashley P, mstrpth and JohnC like this