66sprint6

NewestER DD 2012 GT500

767 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2019 at 2:59 PM, Nostalgic1 said:

Now, if only a certain Camaro were to be able to make some passes before fall is over.....

It just seems my luck this year has been bad for the SS. :( 

Issues I have now are:

1. Over heating when sitting in slow or stopped traffic. Need to relocate my trans cooler to get more unobstructed airflow through the radiator.

2. Cylinder imbalance. Going to weld on Vbands and see if that solves it.

3. Trans has been shifting jacked up ever since the 6L80. If it's not something in the tune, then I think the TCM is bad. 

Takes time to resolve this stuff. It's a good economy and folks have money to burn, so the mechanics are all busy with other cars right now. It probably be next race season before the SS is done and making clean passes on DR's.

48 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It's a good economy and folks have money to burn, so the mechanics are all busy with other cars right now.

When the economy is good, mechanics are busy upgrading new cars.  When the economy is bad, mechanics are busy keeping old ones running.  :tired:

Tino and 66sprint6 like this

10 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Would love to see it!  Unfortunately, the Shelby will likely not be doing so.  Clutch started slipping last night trying to make a light and I believe it finally decided to leave the building :lol:

Danged if it didnt hold JUST long enough to put together a couple awesome nights of racing tho!  Ive known I was on borrowed time with it but when it continued to smell yesterday despite the long highway trip home from the track and multiple trips around town I knew it was coming.  Sure enough, bout a mile from home it slipped.  Slipped again when testing.  

Oh well.  Ill start pinching pennies and eventually be able to make something happen.  If I could sell the Wagon, Ide toss a clutch in the Shelby, replace the trans in the 66 and be able to do a little work on the Truck buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...the Wagon is so good!  Driving it again this morning was a treat.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Matt

I have a clutch setup, it wont slip.  let me know if you are interested

66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

2 hours ago, COSWORTH said:

He's interested.  More info please. 

Second thought:  He needs it.  Send it COD. :D 

Tino likes this

13 hours ago, COSWORTH said:

Ide snatch it up in a heartbeat but combined with the 13/14 clutch master (which makes the pedal heavier) I dont think it would be all that great for DD status.  If I was just racing it/driving it on the weekends I would likely hit you up!!!

Matt

2 minutes ago, Tino said:

Nice runs man.

Appreciate it!  Wish I had gotten them on video, would love to see it rip.  All I know is it FELT great!  Alot of fun.

Matt

Tino likes this

Spent a couple hours Sat getting the garage cleared out enough to get the Shelby in and ready to make a huge mess.

IMG_20191026_132322629_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191026_133541010.jpg

Thanks to our recent refinance deal on the house, a nice escrow check showed up and wouldnt you know it...it was roughly what I needed to pick up a new clutch and oem slave.  Happy Birthday indeed!  Parts will be ordered up today and Im going to tackle the job slowly as I get free moments here and there.  Hope I have it high enough to get the giant bastard of a trans out from under it!

Matt

mstrpth and Tino like this

November 9th is the first Saturday test and tune at Beech bend.  The following two Saturdays should be t&t also.  Hopefully you can get it in and broken in by then.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

If I get it in the car in time I will be doing alot of driving over a short period of time to break it in (properly, no shortcuts) and then Ill see if I can make it out for sure!  If not...oh well, at least its back up and going again!

Matt

If by light switch you mean the STUPID dimmer style switch found throughout our house...then yes.  Hate those things but have been too lazy/busy/mostlylazy to swap them out.

Matt