66sprint6

NewER DD 2015 Mustang GT

430 posts in this topic

Im back lovin it again thats for sure!  I highly highly HIGHLY recommend those guys, not just because they got it lookin so good in the end but also cause of how well the treated me in the process.  Im not used to customer service being so good and not having to be an *** to get what I want!

Matt

They've been my paint/body shop of choice for years. Definitely understand customer service!
JohnC likes this

I sat in one of these today at the autoshow and ****, what a nice car and great seats. Loved the steering wheel too.

I know I'm out this weekend. I got to change the oil on 3 vehicles and replace the O2 sensor in the 03 Yoda.

That O2 went bad today. Cost me $180 to get one! Last time I bought an O2, they were like $80 for the Mustang. What happened to increase the prices that high? :lol:

It's a Toyota... :2fingers:  This weekend it house reapirs. Gotta fix the gutter above the garage from the ice pulling it away from the soffet and some work in the living room on a wall (wiring).

They've been my paint/body shop of choice for years. Definitely understand customer service!

I had some work done on my sister's car and recently my grandma's car and forgot why I liked them but was quickly reminded lol

Which Location did the work Matt?

The one on Thompson in the Boro

I sat in one of these today at the autoshow and ****, what a nice car and great seats. Loved the steering wheel too.

I drove a brand new 5.0 GT first...just cause I didnt wanna have ANY regrets.  LOVED it, clutch was funky as was the shifter but otherwise it was sweeeeeet.  Just getting in the ST it was a world of difference.  Comfortable, supportive seats, amazingly nice interior esp for a Focus and the way it drives is fantastic for an everyday DD so it won my vote.  Had I been lookin for a car that was nothing more than a fun car, it still woulda been a tough call but the GT woulda won just so I could hit up the track again.  I recommend anyone and everyone who might be interested, go drive one.  I will warn you tho, the torque steer is obnoxious if you (like me) arent used to it.  Hold the wheel tight and DONT STEER back, just hold it straight and let the stability control do its job.  If you steer back, the stability control will fight you and the torque steer and it gets interesting quick lol.  Now that Ive figure it out its laughable but on my test drive WOAH didnt see that comin.

Matt

Oh...and since were sharing busy stories...its tax season.  That pretty much sums it up for my free time.  That and Im the only employee now where there used to be 3 of us.  You better believe Ill still take the first warm sat/sun afternoon off to get it done tho!

Matt

Kpate likes this

Went over to Pates to work on the ST this weekend.  Was technically supposed to work (gonna hear bout it as soon as the bosslady gets in) but the weather was too nice, she was outta town and I was off to Pates with lowering springs in tow!  Backs went on in a Jiff and the fronts didnt put up a fight either...MAN I love workin on NEW cars where the bolts arent rusted tight and already stripped or snapped off in a bad place lol.

IMG_20140308_133246935_zps4velrlzw.jpg

IMG_20140308_142618599_HDR_zps1pov8k1j.j

Yes, Pate lent a helping hand...and a handful of tools.  Nice havin my own tools and plenty of room to work at my place, but nicer to have 100x the extra tools and the extra set of hands for sure!!!

IMG_20140308_133232089_zpsvnubhuud.jpg

Little bit of fiddlin, piddlin and goofin around later and she's had a minor altitude change and a major attitude change!

IMG_20140308_162016345_HDR_zpsspmuujsf.j

IMG_20140308_162033913_HDR_zpsbdui2oj6.j

IMG_20140308_174853217_HDR_zpsnafhpbjo.j

Here are some shots of it in its normal parking spots for a somewhat before/after effect.  I went with a lightly used set of Eibach ProKit springs with a 1" front drop and 1.2" rear.  Levels out the factory rake a tad but I still think Ide like the rear a bit lower.  Another company has the same from springs but a rear that lowers 1.4" which seems to be perfect.  This is good for now tho!

Before

IMG_20131110_155721_142_zpsf7478ec1.jpg

After

IMG_20140310_084219365_zpsnkcozr2p.jpg

Before

IMG_20140228_085316692_HDR_zps2cwusost.j

After

IMG_20140310_085709368_zpsgtarsjrw.jpg

Car rides like stock, looks a little meaner but when you go around a turn, the word planted feels like an understatement.  It already handled really well but now the grip is much better and the body lean is GREATLY reduced.  Kathleen has already got onto me twice about "tryin to make her thow up" goin around turns and gunnin it out but hey...its been a while since Ive been able to annoy her doin somethin fun while drivin!!!

Matt

Edited by 66sprint6
JohnC and Kpate like this

Amazing how much better a car can look and handle with a good set of lowering springs! :yes:

Looks great, Matt! :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

they're easier to work on when they are this new and clean.... :w00t:  :duck:  Will say this for sure, it wasn't like working on some of the older vehicles either of us have owned in the past. The fronts were the most interesting due to the mounting system on the spindle. Take out bolt, install bolt in opposite end, take piece of flat stock and wedge between bolt and spindle, and turn. Weird, but simple.  :stare:

Sounds like it was fun! :yes:

Most cars are a PITA mainly because there is no room to work on them under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, the only PITA was removing the plastic cowl panel to access the upper strut bolts, but once I got started on it, it ended up bein super simple and not a major PITA afterall.  When we read the instructions and saw all the plastic crap you had to remove I immediately dreaded it but it was stupid simple in the end.  

Matt

Kpate likes this

Slightly eventful weekend for the ST.  Spent Sat morning under the car in the rain installing a 3" catted downpipe.  Easy job despite being frozen and soaked LOL.  Had my weather App updated its forecast for Sunday to sunny and nice rather than wet and cold, I woulda waited but whatever.  Buttoned it up and met up with a couple other local STs for some lunch at Toots!

IMG_20140329_183914_zps1by7ffid.jpg

Car is now quieter (strangely enough) inside the cabin and everything seems smoother while driving.  Very strange but thats ok.  With windows down the car sounds quiet as well.  Outside the car the exhuast is deeper and sounds really nice which is also strange cause these things sound like crap usually.  I dig it but Im debating on going ahead with my rear muffler delete just to get a little more out of it.  I hate driving a stick car that I cant hear.  ANYways, took Sunday to clean her up real nice inside and out for the first time this spring.

IMG_20140330_154434463_zpsgskp81lm.jpg

IMG_20140330_154444800_HDR_zpszjx8lurq.j

Matt

Not sure only dyno info Ive seen was an intake and DP together adding 10hp with stock ECU which limits power to a "goal" so no matter what you do, you wont see the potential out of it unless you get a tune.  Im runnin a canned tune for now and noticed it smooth out all over the RPM band, turbo spools much smoother, quicker and easier and I use less throttle up hills and such while cruising.  Im workin on gettin some tuning done by a popular MazdaSpeed tuner who recently dove into the ST platform and has made some amazing gains on the TINY stock turbo.  When/if that goes down Ill post up about it but i will say, even at the power Im putting down 1-2 are useless as is part of 3rd.  Better tires will help...so would a bigger turbo that makes power later LOL but I dont wanna go that deep right now, too much $$$$$$

Matt

JohnC likes this

OH, and the efficiency is up a bit as well, noticed that despite the cold and rain which usually knocks my MPG down I reset my trip 2 which I use to see what Im getting at the moment and it climbed from averaging around 27-28 to 33 or so.  Overall my MPG for the tank as a whole has gone down thanks to me tryin to hear the damned thing by flooring it LOL.

Matt

JohnC likes this

Just curious, but how would a cattless pipe do?

I know these manufacturers have catalytic converters flowing good nowadays, so wondering if it's worth the PITA to go cattless (having to swap back and forth for emiss).

The DP I bought came used and was build custom by a smaller vendor known well in the ST circle OCDspeed.  Its a 4" highflow "race" cat added to one of his "race downpipes" (cattless).  Its supposed to flow better than his normal catted DP but I dont really know or care, its ALOT better than the stocker thats for sure.  You would have to take the under tray out of the car in order to see if it has a cat or not so unless it failed the plug in test, noone would know you didnt have a cat on this thing.  Some have issues with a CEL but the handheld tuners can take them away so noone would know.  I considered one but got this DP pretty cheap so figured why not...dont want the car stinking either so it works out!!!

Matt

JohnC and Kpate like this

The DP I bought came used and was build custom by a smaller vendor known well in the ST circle OCDspeed.  Its a 4" highflow "race" cat added to one of his "race downpipes" (cattless).  Its supposed to flow better than his normal catted DP but I dont really know or care, its ALOT better than the stocker thats for sure.  You would have to take the under tray out of the car in order to see if it has a cat or not so unless it failed the plug in test, noone would know you didnt have a cat on this thing.  Some have issues with a CEL but the handheld tuners can take them away so noone would know.  I considered one but got this DP pretty cheap so figured why not...dont want the car stinking either so it works out!!!

Matt

Cool! :up:

But I don't know about stinking. :no:

Everyone tells me how good my cars smells when it is cattless. :yes::lol:

My 90 smelled good too and never gave me problems either.  What I meant was ME stinking after driving.  One of the ST guys stinks like I usually do when I get outta the 66 after a drive and Im NOT down for that in my DD.  The BlueCoupe never gave me that problem but both my trucks did which is why the 88 went back and had a highflow cat added.  Problem solved, no more stinky cloths after a drive and more importantly, my head doesnt hurt from the stink every single day.  Didnt wanna risk it on the ST so went highflow cat.  Dont know if there is enough HP difference between the two, especially in bolt-on/tune form to matter anyways from what Ive been seeing dyno wise on most STs.

Matt

JohnC likes this