66sprint6

NewER DD 2015 Mustang GT

382 posts in this topic

2015 Mustang GT Dyno.jpg2015 Dyno.jpg

Well...after the dyno day, it appears that I need to keep polishing on the ole driver mod!  Lower times are there, just gotta coax em out.  I got some Sticky Mickies on the way and Im going ahead and expecting new clutch and/or half-shafts may take priority here soon.  Was going to go ahead and finish out the major bolt-on mods with some catted Longtubes but it looks like Ill go with these tires for a bit and see what might need replacing along the way.  That and the 66 had a hell of a dyno day as well and needs a couple things to be that much closer to REALLY really good.

Matt

mstrpth, bigmike83 and JohnC like this

Not a chance, spinnin aint winnin and I do a fair bit more of it than you Mr. 1.7's on Conti's!!!  :lol:  You need to step up to some tires anyways so heres your motivation.

Matt

Still feelin a tad under the weather this weekend but I got some BMR lowering springs on the GT and took it to have the rear tires replaced.  These are a handling spring made to compliment the Performance Pack struts and they ride sooooooooo nice.  Not a massive drop but just enough to look right, ride right and it handles as well as it always did so Im BEYOND happy.  Excuse the crappy half-assed wash, I didnt have enough in the tank to give it a good detail.

Lowered.jpg

Gonna put some miles on em to settle them and then take it in for a 4 wheel alignment (I also added some rear cradle alignment pieces from Steeda while I had the IRS cradle dropped.

Disney got the ET Street R's mounted up for me so tomorrow I might bolt them up and go scuff em up a bit before Tues night.  See if I can walk the fine line between decent 60's and a long walk home!

Matt

Half a Drag Pack?

MT ET Street R 2.jpg

MT ET Street R 1.jpg

Alignment is off due to the lowering and rear IRS cradle alignment inserts which compounds the "sway" these Bias Ply's have when mixed with wide radials up front.  I got used to it quick and it ran staight as an arrow for 2 WOT blasts through the gears.  The IMRC's closed after that and I drove home.  Im gonna pull the intake some time this week and lock those stupid things out.  Ive done all I can and its not worth it anymore.

Anyways.  Im hoping to get out and break these things in but not till after a 4 wheel alignment.  Then we will see if I can find some tenths.

Matt

Tino, JohnC, mstrpth and 3 others like this

Again?!?!?!?!?

Round 2.jpg

IMRC's are outta there and rather than do the ziptie trick I got these dudes. 

IMRC Delete.jpg

Everyone is like, "oh buy the MMR plates, they look amazing".  Um...ITS ON THE BACK OF THE INTAKE MORONS.  Some actually are complaining that they dont offer them in other colors. :shiftyeyes:

Anyways, its done, didnt take long, new tune flashed and Ill be damned if the car doesnt run better than ever before.  One of the small issues I used to have with the Coyote was the fact that the throttle wasnt linear at all.  There was always a hesistation between light throttle cruise/starting from idle and accelerating to speed.  A tune helped a ton but not 100% and I just figured it was part of the drive by wire throttle body etc.  Nope.  Its the IMRC valves opening on accel.  They are good for low end grunt and fuel efficiency for sure, BUT apparently so it cam timing and some other wizardry of technological sorts beyond my grasp.  Throttle is linear, idle is strong, acceleration feels amazing with absolutely no more hesistations or stumbles and the car is easier to drive soft and slow as well.  Almost feels like I have a different clutch in the car its hard to explain.  Anyways, were taking it out East for a weekend in the Smokies so we will see how it feels on a good long drive!

Matt

mstrpth, Disney, keiths2kgt and 2 others like this