66sprint6

NewER DD 2015 Mustang GT

430 posts in this topic

What are the 392 Scat Pack cars running on street tires?

See any on DR's or Slicks? ET?

I'll tell you, they move on the street from a roll.

The 392 on radials was in the 8.1s from what i saw.  LOUD 6th gen SS with a tune (know because the dude who tuned it was talkin tp us) was runnin 7.8's and if he was on a radial it was on the factory wheels.  The tuner guy was runnin a stock EcoBoost auto with just his own tuning on it and ran 8.5's.  There was a 2010/2011 GT on ET Street R's runnin low 9's struggling down the track.  Never saw if it was a 3v or a Coyote car but it should have been WAY WAY faster but he was all over the place driving wise.  Didnt see the times on much else that I can remember. Spent most of the time in the lanes, ran twice then had to bolt to go pick up Luke from his Aunt's.

Matt

Those last two videos are the worst its ever spun at the track.  When we left I got on it hard on that concrete bridge I talked about before and it blew the top of first and well into second but hooked hard into 3rd and then I was heavy on the brakes.  As Mike and I were talking, the rears arent even close to bald by any means, but the tread is on the wear bars and I notice it takes less throttle on hard turns out of parking lots or from a stop to get the back end to come around.  Im gonna run these for a tad longer then replace em, I might just have to dial things way way back on my launch and shifting next time out at the Hill till I have some better rubber back there.

Matt

Ashley P likes this

Packed up and headin to Buffalo Valley.  No real expectations, and only bringing to DR's because I feel like Ide be wasting my time with how bad the rears have gotten. 

Buffalo Valley.jpg

My goal for the day is to leave with two half shafts intact and just enough clutch to get home :lol:  I almost backed out due to not really being ready (no tread and I havnt ordered the Mickey Thompsons yet) BUT its a gorgeous day out and a day of spinning and not winnin/or gripping and extra shifting is still a day racing so why not!

Matt

JohnC, Ashley P, Disney and 1 other like this

If everything goes well we will likely have a dyno day Sat the 12th.  I head to the Hill every Tues night and plan on going again this coming tues if weather allows.  

Buffalo Valley...makes the Hill feel like a WELL PREPPED surface!!!  Holy HELL Ive never slipped and slid all over as much as today.  On drag radials at that.  Tons of really slick cars out there tho, all running low 9's.  My best run was an 8.4 at 90 with a 2.3 60ft spinning out of the hole, into 2nd and then spinning the top of 3rd which annoyed/spooked me.  There was a header/exhaust/Boss intake/Pmass/Flex Fuel tuned car with suspension work and ET Street R bias plys that was running identical times and mph as me but he wasnt spinning...which had me scratching my head.  Only cars quicker were a boosted S550 which ran slower ET but at 95 mph and a really clean turbo Fox.  Beautiful weather but terrible track conditions.  Driving the backroads all the way home made for a great ending to it all tho.  

Matt

Disney likes this

It was a white Coupe with the exhaust coming out the front fender/bumper.  Very quick, woulda be nasty at the Hill or other better track!  Half Shafts were never in danger...in fact, I hooked better in the damned water box trying to do my first burnout than I did the rest of the track, it was insane.  I went from worrying about the half-shafts to worrying about the body work down at the top of the track.  Either way, I had fun!

Matt

Disney likes this

Couple others I know went up there, my friends Mike's son ran his Lightning up there.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:46 AM, keiths2kgt said:

I’m down for a dyno and track day. I’ve been able to keep mine stock somehow 

:smirk:

How about this coming Saturday the 12th for a dyno? Then we could all cruise up to Beech Bend to do some grudge racing. :yes:

Beech bend raceway: 12th – O’Reilly Saturday Night Grudge Racing Plus SS/S Combo https://www.beechbend.com/dragstrip/racing-schedule/

On 4/29/2018 at 3:53 PM, JohnC said:

How about this coming Saturday the 12th for a dyno? Then we could all cruise up to Beech Bend to do some grudge racing. :yes:

I think I’m good on the 12th for the dyno day. Did they say how many pulls for $100? Is Beech Bend still super busy Saturday nights? I went up there a long time ago and I think I only got one run in lol that was over 10 years ago though 

$100 if less than 5 show up and $75 if 5 or more.  We should be good especially if you come along.  Not sure about Beach Bend, havnt been in YEARS and wont be able to join yall for that part of the day...even tho I prefer ET/MPH over dyno numbers all day long.  Still gonna be a really good time!!!

Matt

JohnC and keiths2kgt like this

Posted (edited)

Crazy busy, my son graduates high school this month and is driving a mustang me and crystal got him that he has been fixing up. And trying to resist the car bug lol. But we bought a lightning and did a few other things to the cars. The pic is of his car. We bought a 99 so we can pi swap his once he blows this one up on the bottle. 

18BBF8B9-8492-45E6-A8FA-9D472CCB8F18.jpeg

Edited by bigmike83
Disney, mstrpth, shaft and 4 others like this

Is there a time on Saturday for the dyno and is it $75 for one pull? I might ask a buddy if he wants to come.

Got some time this last weekend to toss the 2018 Intake Manifold Ive had laying around for a couple weeks on the car.  $300 for the intake and I was told to pick up some LU47 injectors for it if I want to run E85 so I found some used for a goooooood price.  Took me a couple hours, mostly to make sure the wiring and vacuum line changes were done properly and she fired right up and runs pretty good.  Lost some low end grunt but gained some top end pull for sure.  She pulls hard to 8k now where it would lay over right at the limiter at about 7300 rpm before. 

Nothin to look at by any means

18 Manifold.jpg

Being the glutton for punishment I am, I opted NOT to lock out the IMRC valves in hopes that it would allow for better low end power, better idle and efficiency...you know, what the Ford engineers designed it for.  The solenoids are wired differently on the 18 than the 15-17 so you have to move some wires around and adapt them to a different style plug.  Apparently only like 2 people have successfully got them to work without eventually throwing a code.  Im not one of em.  Even with a wiring harness made by one of the two, Im getting a code after a couple WOT pulls AND the IMRC valves close and stay closed making the car feel like a bone stock 5.0 H.O. Foxbody LOL.  Ive figured out that I can erase the CEL with my tuner and get another couple pulls in before it does it again so Im good to go while I work on the wiring.  Im narrowing that down as we speak as well and hope to have it sorted in the next week or so.  ANYways, decided to meet a friend who has an 18 GT at the Hill and tossed the 555R's on so I wouldnt be spinning the entire time (I meant to order new rears but Im procrastinating).  I figured, with the new limiter being set to 8100rpm, I can cross the beams in 3rd even with the shorter tire so why not!  Didnt have the most consistent night ever BUT I did set a new Personal Best on the 2nd run, a hot lap no less!

7.91@92.jpg

Very next run I had a decent launch, 1st pulled hard and only spun a little then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG.  The IMRC's shut on me and I coasted to a 9.4 at 60mph.  CEL came on, so I pulled in the pits and erased the code and she was ready for more...and had a little more in her.

In the staging lanes one run later my friend in the 18 was lined up next to a yellow 13 ZL1.  I was tempted to let it go but couldnt so I asked him if we could switch spots and I got to line up with him.  I completely tossed all the scheming about launching, shifting etc out the window and my only thoughts were "dont blow it and you will edge him out for a close win...dont blow it dont blow it etc etc".  He treed me which usually makes me do bad things but I managed to cut the best 60ft Ive ever cut (barely lol) and ran away from him to an even quicker new PB.  I make notes about the run on the slips but was too excited about the win and the time to remember wtf I did.  The notes were all I could come up with.

7.84@92.jpg

My buddy in the 2018 wasnt having a good night but we lined up for a quick 3rd gear hit before parting ways.  Stepped on the gas and he shot outta there like a bullet...aaaaaand my IMRC's were closed so I sat there and watched helpless LOL.  DAAAMN.  Woulda ended my night quite nicely (I reeled him in HARD on the onramp...which was likely what cause the IMRC's to close lol) but thats ok.  Im hoping it has a liiiiittle more in it with some revisions and much much better driving but Im happy!  Better tires...better driving...knock a couple more tenths off???  Never know.

Matt

JohnC, Mike, bigmike83 and 4 others like this

7 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Got some time this last weekend to toss the 2018 Intake Manifold Ive had laying around for a couple weeks on the car.  $300 for the intake and I was told to pick up some LU47 injectors for it if I want to run E85 so I found some used for a goooooood price.  Took me a couple hours, mostly to make sure the wiring and vacuum line changes were done properly and she fired right up and runs pretty good.  Lost some low end grunt but gained some top end pull for sure.  She pulls hard to 8k now where it would lay over right at the limiter at about 7300 rpm before. 

Nothin to look at by any means

18 Manifold.jpg

Being the glutton for punishment I am, I opted NOT to lock out the IMRC valves in hopes that it would allow for better low end power, better idle and efficiency...you know, what the Ford engineers designed it for.  The solenoids are wired differently on the 18 than the 15-17 so you have to move some wires around and adapt them to a different style plug.  Apparently only like 2 people have successfully got them to work without eventually throwing a code.  Im not one of em.  Even with a wiring harness made by one of the two, Im getting a code after a couple WOT pulls AND the IMRC valves close and stay closed making the car feel like a bone stock 5.0 H.O. Foxbody LOL.  Ive figured out that I can erase the CEL with my tuner and get another couple pulls in before it does it again so Im good to go while I work on the wiring.  Im narrowing that down as we speak as well and hope to have it sorted in the next week or so.  ANYways, decided to meet a friend who has an 18 GT at the Hill and tossed the 555R's on so I wouldnt be spinning the entire time (I meant to order new rears but Im procrastinating).  I figured, with the new limiter being set to 8100rpm, I can cross the beams in 3rd even with the shorter tire so why not!  Didnt have the most consistent night ever BUT I did set a new Personal Best on the 2nd run, a hot lap no less!

7.91@92.jpg

Very next run I had a decent launch, 1st pulled hard and only spun a little then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG.  The IMRC's shut on me and I coasted to a 9.4 at 60mph.  CEL came on, so I pulled in the pits and erased the code and she was ready for more...and had a little more in her.

In the staging lanes one run later my friend in the 18 was lined up next to a yellow 03 ZL1.  I was tempted to let it go but couldnt so I asked him if we could switch spots and I got to line up with him.  I completely tossed all the scheming about launching, shifting etc out the window and my only thoughts were "dont blow it and you will edge him out for a close win...dont blow it dont blow it etc etc".  He treed me which usually makes me do bad things but I managed to cut the best 60ft Ive ever cut (barely lol) and ran away from him to an even quicker new PB.  I make notes about the run on the slips but was too excited about the win and the time to remember wtf I did.  The notes were all I could come up with.

7.84@92.jpg

My buddy in the 2018 wasnt having a good night but we lined up for a quick 3rd gear hit before parting ways.  Stepped on the gas and he shot outta there like a bullet...aaaaaand my IMRC's were closed so I sat there and watched helpless LOL.  DAAAMN.  Woulda ended my night quite nicely (I reeled him in HARD on the onramp...which was likely what cause the IMRC's to close lol) but thats ok.  Im hoping it has a liiiiittle more in it with some revisions and much much better driving but Im happy!  Better tires...better driving...knock a couple more tenths off???  Never know.

Matt

‘03 ZL1?  Or ‘13?