66sprint6

NewER DD 2015 Mustang GT

332 posts in this topic

Nah, just the cheapest that fits the NHRA's SA2015 guidelines.  All of a sudden Union Hill is trying to enforce the NHRA rules so basically anyone in the 8's or quicker must have a helmet.  Oddly enough, I was one of only a few people who was chosen to be informed of this last time out.  I dont need anything fancy is what Im sayin I guess, just something that meets the certification requirements but dont need anything extra.

Matt

3 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Nah, just the cheapest that fits the NHRA's SA2015 guidelines.  All of a sudden Union Hill is trying to enforce the NHRA rules so basically anyone in the 8's or quicker must have a helmet.  Oddly enough, I was one of only a few people who was chosen to be informed of this last time out.  I dont need anything fancy is what Im sayin I guess, just something that meets the certification requirements but dont need anything extra.

Matt

Lovely. Not sure what I did with my helmet.... 

Its funny because no other time ever have I been bothered about it but last time I was told multiple times that I needed one.  Makes sense if you look at the NHRA rule book but just funny that they are just now bothering with it.  Im gonna try some out later possibly and MAY head to the Hill afterwards depending on what time it is.

Matt

^ Maybe it's because some normal/factory stock looking/sounding cars are running well into the 6s and well over 100 mph.   (Blame Mike.  Make him buy your helmet. ;) )

66sprint6 likes this

I took it as a compliment.  The guy laughed his butt off when I told him that was the nicest thing anyone had said to me all day.  Didnt make it to the track last night but I have a helmet on the way so next time Im ready to go Ill be within the rules.  Now to try and scratch together some tire money :D

Matt