66sprint6

NewER DD 2015 Mustang GT

354 posts in this topic

Nah, just the cheapest that fits the NHRA's SA2015 guidelines.  All of a sudden Union Hill is trying to enforce the NHRA rules so basically anyone in the 8's or quicker must have a helmet.  Oddly enough, I was one of only a few people who was chosen to be informed of this last time out.  I dont need anything fancy is what Im sayin I guess, just something that meets the certification requirements but dont need anything extra.

Matt

3 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Nah, just the cheapest that fits the NHRA's SA2015 guidelines.  All of a sudden Union Hill is trying to enforce the NHRA rules so basically anyone in the 8's or quicker must have a helmet.  Oddly enough, I was one of only a few people who was chosen to be informed of this last time out.  I dont need anything fancy is what Im sayin I guess, just something that meets the certification requirements but dont need anything extra.

Matt

Lovely. Not sure what I did with my helmet.... 

Its funny because no other time ever have I been bothered about it but last time I was told multiple times that I needed one.  Makes sense if you look at the NHRA rule book but just funny that they are just now bothering with it.  Im gonna try some out later possibly and MAY head to the Hill afterwards depending on what time it is.

Matt

^ Maybe it's because some normal/factory stock looking/sounding cars are running well into the 6s and well over 100 mph.   (Blame Mike.  Make him buy your helmet. ;) )

66sprint6 likes this

I took it as a compliment.  The guy laughed his butt off when I told him that was the nicest thing anyone had said to me all day.  Didnt make it to the track last night but I have a helmet on the way so next time Im ready to go Ill be within the rules.  Now to try and scratch together some tire money :D

Matt

Im down!  I missed out on DBR's dyno day registration but was actually gonna bring the 66 just to see how it looks compared to the old turbo's curves.  Track numbers mean more to me than Dyno numbers ever will BUT Ide be happy to get together and see whats up and it would be cool to check out the newness on the SS!  Let me know when you have some free time and Ill check with Kathleen and make sure I can make it.

Matt

JohnC and Disney like this

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Im down!  I missed out on DBR's dyno day registration but was actually gonna bring the 66 just to see how it looks compared to the old turbo's curves.  Track numbers mean more to me than Dyno numbers ever will BUT Ide be happy to get together and see whats up and it would be cool to check out the newness on the SS!  Let me know when you have some free time and Ill check with Kathleen and make sure I can make it.

Matt

I'm going to eye-ball my schedule and we'll try to coordinate something.

If anyone else wants to go, let me know. :up:

Diz, get the Lighting owner to come. Would love to see those numbers!

66sprint6 likes this

Do I smell a StreetNTrack Dyno day in the making?  I might have to figure out how to get BOTH Mustangs out then!

@Disney Ide be happy to put the 66 on the rollers one day if you wanted to come with and check the WOT tune over.  It already drives better around town than my GT and has enough oomph to upset the suspension and trans as it sits!

Matt

Disney and JohnC like this

11 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Do I smell a StreetNTrack Dyno day in the making?  I might have to figure out how to get BOTH Mustangs out then!

@Disney Ide be happy to put the 66 on the rollers one day if you wanted to come with and check the WOT tune over.  It already drives better around town than my GT and has enough oomph to upset the suspension and trans as it sits!

Matt

We can call it that if we get enough cars. :yes:

66sprint6 and Disney like this

@JohnC Get with whoever it is you wanna dyno with and lets get the ball rolling!  See when they can fit a couple of us in for some pulls.  If its a day I can manage then Ill bring both my cars down, the GT so it can barely put down 400whp and give your SS some bragging rights over it and the 66 so Disney can fine toon the Squirts!  Ide prefer a track day personally BUT the chance to get the 66 dialed even further in AND see what some of yall are making would be a ton of fun.

Matt

Going to the Hill tonight...very likely will be the end of the rear Continentals.  Not expecting to set any PBs BUT I look forward to getting back in the swing of things for sure!!!  A slow night racing is still a night racing and Im down with that.

Matt

Ashley P likes this

Im on the wear bars on the back tires and Ive noticed that grip on the streets is lacking considerably so Im already betting that I will have no chance on the Hill's surface.  Itll be ok tho, Ill have fun whether Im knocking down PB 60's and running consistent 7's (aint happenin) or Im stuck in the low 8's pedaling and short shifting the entire night.  I will probably have to replace the rears in the coming weeks and will likely put an order out for some Sticky Mickeys while Im at it.  I wanna see what shes got with nothing more than a little traction off the line and especially between shifts.

Matt

45 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Im on the wear bars on the back tires and Ive noticed that grip on the streets is lacking considerably so Im already betting that I will have no chance on the Hill's surface. 

Matt

Naaah, it'll be better.  As long as there is a smooth surface with a little VHT...at least I'd almost bet so.

36 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Naaah, it'll be better.  As long as there is a smooth surface with a little VHT...at least I'd almost bet so.

You don't understand union hill.  I'm pretty sure they spray used oil instead of vht.  My car would spin through the traps on drag radials at 105mph.  It hooks on street tires on the street above 70.

Ashley P likes this

4 hours ago, Mike said:

You don't understand union hill.  I'm pretty sure they spray used oil instead of vht.  My car would spin through the traps on drag radials at 105mph.  It hooks on street tires on the street above 70.

Insert Jerry Reed:  "SON!"

No, I don't know the Hill.   I know Sikeston MO, with 1/2 the power and lots of VHT.  (I accidentally hit  test and tune on the night before a "super street" race.  VHT dropped about .2 in 60'.  WOT in first gear with no spin was neat.)

Track seemed ok tonight but I only got two runs in and couldnt quite get the wheel spin under control.  Im sure had I had a couple more runs I coulda calmed down, got my shifts in a little earlier and maybe taken advantage of the nice air but oh well!  

Run 1  8.07 @ 91.29 with a 1.94 60ft.  60 looks decent for street tires but it spun worse than usual after the 60 which made it hard to catch the 1-2 shift at the right RPM, spun 2nd hard and spun 3rd harder than usual as well.  You can hear a massive difference in these two videos vs any of the others.  Air must have been really good because I still ran decent times despite the lack of grip!

Run 2 8.16 @ 91.45 with a 2.02 60ft.  Tried to let the clutch take the brunt of the launch and it worked GREAT...till the clutch was let completely out and then it was spin city.  This time I started spinning before the 60ft mark, spun all thru 2nd/hopped thru 2nd and then into 3rd.  I laughed it off and swore it was a mid 8 run at best so I was pleasantly surprised to see the 8.16. 

They closed the lanes after that...and the clutch was super smelly so we called it a night and hit the road.  Im already excited to get back out and finish off these rear tires and or the clutch, replace them both and shoot for consistent 7's!!!

Matt

Disney, mstrpth and Ashley P like this

Yeah hes out there every time Ive ever gone LOL.  Auto on a drag radial running low low 7's with ease!  There were a BUNCH of Pony cars out, Challengers from hemi to 392, couple Hellcats, Mustangs from EcoBoost to 3V to Coyote, Camaros galore, and all of em seemed to be on a tire but me and the Ecoboost guys.  There was a wicked nasty white S550 GT on boost that Mike said had a cage and a drive out tag.  he was running well into the 6's I believe.

Matt