JohnC

Let's see those trucks! (Pics thread!)

155 posts in this topic

Thanks man.  :up: I didn't even pick this out. however, it was the only truck on the lot that was not red, white, black, or gray and didn't have gray or tan interior. Did get a chance to drive it some this weekend and it's growing on me a bit. Bad part is I have the knowledge of how they were put together when they were built in Smyrna (now built in Canton, MS) and some of the issues they had. Looks like now they have them resolved as this body style is going out of production after 2014MY...... :bored:

Bad part is I have the knowledge of how they were put together when they were built in Smyrna (now built in Canton, MS) and some of the issues they had. Looks like now they have them resolved as this body style is going out of production after 2014MY...... :bored:

So the TN built trucks were of bad quality?

So the TN built trucks were of bad quality?

I wouldn't necessarily call it bad quality; the quality is still good on these trucks. Nissan made the suppliers take cost-effective measures on these trucks and IMO they were not built on the same level as a domestic truck is. Plus the 05-10 models were the guinea pigs for Nissan to try outsourcing some of the parts/ manufacturing to other companies (I was with Visteon that made the cockpit assembly during this time) with mixed results. Now I think they have taken most of it back to suppliers they have majority stake in to keep the quality control tighter than it was (can tell a difference on fit/ finish with this truck)

JohnC likes this

I wouldn't necessarily call it bad quality; the quality is still good on these trucks. Nissan made the suppliers take cost-effective measures on these trucks and IMO they were not built on the same level as a domestic truck is. Plus the 05-10 models were the guinea pigs for Nissan to try outsourcing some of the parts/ manufacturing to other companies (I was with Visteon that made the cockpit assembly during this time) with mixed results. Now I think they have taken most of it back to suppliers they have majority stake in to keep the quality control tighter than it was (can tell a difference on fit/ finish with this truck)

OK. Thanks for that info. If I ever get in the market for one, I'll steer clear of the 05-10 trucks. :up:

Dee not like the F150 or did it not have enough interior room for her stuff?  Just wondering cause it doesnt sound like it was MPG/efficiency related.

Matt 

Dee not like the F150 or did it not have enough interior room for her stuff?  Just wondering cause it doesnt sound like it was MPG/efficiency related.

Matt 

We tried putting all of her medical equipment in the truck and it just wasn't accesable as necessary even with as much room as behind the seat / passenger floorboard of the regular cab. We looked at some smaller SUVs that could've worked , but she found this one and did the deal on it. It does get better mileage on the highway (closer to 21 mpg not babying it) than the F-150,  and the suicide doors allow her access to her equipment without having to move seats around. Plus with it being a smaller vehicle, she is able to maneuver some of the narrower roads that some of her patients live on without worrying that the vehicle is too wide and not go in a ditch line.

Figured it had to be somethin like that.  Its a sharp color thats for sure but then again Im a sucker for a nice Blue!  Hows the Fusion treatin you?  Every time I see one I think, dang thats a nice lookin car lol.  If they come out with an ST or similar version...I might be trading the Focus in!

Matt

Figured it had to be somethin like that.  Its a sharp color thats for sure but then again Im a sucker for a nice Blue!  Hows the Fusion treatin you?  Every time I see one I think, dang thats a nice lookin car lol.  If they come out with an ST or similar version...I might be trading the Focus in!

Matt

Fusion is treating me great Matt :up: Been getting some great mileage out of it commuting to Franklin (30+) and having SYNC is nice to answer all the phone calls and listen to my music. Still have to fix the nose where Dee went into a ditch a few weeks back (just popped the inserts out; no damage) and do the oil change on it. May get the windows tinted next year and add a trailer hitch just to mess with people... :panic:

I know that place the Daily is sitting in......Vietti Foods off in the Background

Yeah I work at Border States Electric(Harris Electric) during the week. Are you an electrician?

Yeah I work at Border States Electric(Harris Electric) during the week. Are you an electrician?

No sir, Ive only driven a rollback in there to pick up a No Start vehicle

Anybody got any new pictures of their trucks?  Anybody got a new truck?  How about a Ford Lightning?  Silver?  Low miles?

JohnC likes this

Nice truck, Reef! :love:

You always have nice clean vehicles, no matter the age. :up:

Thanks homes. It may be for sale soon. Its overkill for me. I need a truck maybe 5 times a year.

JohnC likes this