JohnC

Let's see those trucks! (Pics thread!)

155 posts in this topic

Almost forgot the '48 F1. The wife and I will inherit it when I go get it from Smyrna. No room for it right now.

Dude, that is fricken sweet! :no1:

What engine does it have?

I know I'd like it as is, but if I had one I'd be tempted to toss the simplicity of the original motor out for something big with a choppy idle! :cool:

Almost forgot the '48 F1. The wife and I will inherit it when I go get it from Smyrna. No room for it right now.

I know I'd like it as is, but if I had one I'd be tempted to toss the simplicity of the original motor out for something big with a choppy idle! :cool:

Flat head 6 with a 3 speed. I've been looking at ideas for it. The wife isn't keen on changing it up. It was her grandfathers so I wont have much say. Id like to drop it though and straight pipe it. I need to find some beauty rings for it. The ones he has are in horrible shape. My father inlaw drives it around some. You may see it.

Flat head 6 with a 3 speed. I've been looking at ideas for it. The wife isn't keen on changing it up. It was her grandfathers so I wont have much say. Id like to drop it though and straight pipe it. I need to find some beauty rings for it. The ones he has are in horrible shape. My father inlaw drives it around some. You may see it.

You must convince her more powa is better! :yes:

Dropped would be nice! Maybe you can find a way to rebuild the stock engine and make it pump out some decent HP. Big cam, high comp, ported head, etc! :yum:

Dropped would be nice! Maybe you can find a way to rebuild the stock engine and make it pump out some decent HP. Big cam, high comp, ported head, etc! :yum:

Yeah. I know there is a 4 barrel you put on it. I know nothing about flat heads and 6v systems.

Ok, I'll got down the list of trucks I've had in my life:

1991 Nissan D21 'Hardbody". Probably the best one of the bunch overall. Bought it new in '91 in Oak Ridge (traded my Mercedes 240D in for it; sales manager/ dad's fishing buddy wanted it). Installed the readio, speakers, air conditioning, and bumper on it when I got home and over a period of a year. Drove it 9 years and 252,000. Only thing done was routine maint., new tires, and one set of brakes. Would probably be driving it still if the thermostat didn't collapse and pop the head on it :eeek:

2000 Dodge Dakota. Bought new after I sold the Nissan. 3.9 V6 and a 5 speed. Good running truck but had the infamous ball joint issue that led to a near fist fight at the Dodge dealer where I bought it ( wouldn't replace it even though the truck was still in warranty).

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. Traded the Dog-kota the dsame day after said issue above. Loved this truck even though it was underpowered and the bed was useless. It was also the vehicle that cost me the hearing in my right ear (fuel system wasn't de-pressureized; gas meet ear and sinus cavity). Dumbass me sold this for a Miata with snailage :shake:

1988 Ford F-150 aka "Farm Truck 1.0". Was originally my father's truck and knew it from front to back and the history of it. Sat dormant under a cover after his death in 2000 for over 5 years. Put it back in service after the Miata got hit and had to go to the body shop. Added a new exhaust and done a MAF conversion to it. Strong running truck but had to keep adjusting, working and fixing stuff that was 20+ years old and it sitting dormant for so long didn't help matters :\

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/kdpate/oldschoolnewschool.jpg

2010 Ford F-150 XL. My daily driver. 4,6 2V and 4R70W trans. Just a basic truck with manual windows/ locks and a two hitch. Use it to tow my tractors and engines around with me. :up:

Yeah. I know there is a 4 barrel you put on it. I know nothing about flat heads and 6v systems.

Someone here does ;)

Someone here does ;)

Well good. Id like it converted to 12 v at some point.

Its easier than you think it is. Hardest part will be wiring in 12v lights if that. One GM 12si alternator and some wiring changes....done

:drool::yum:

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/sdines/2010-09-18201816391.jpg

Sold her this summer. She sat most of the time and the tranny was weak. thought I would miss her but like an x-wife , not so much. I have a 08 Silverado SLT company truck but it looks like the other million out there.

1998 Ram SS/T I bought new. That's my little sweet baby girl Sarah sitting on the tailgate.

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/GLHS592/1998%20Dodge%20Ram%20SST/scan0003.jpg

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/GLHS592/1998%20Dodge%20Ram%20SST/IMG_0603.jpg

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/GLHS592/1998%20Dodge%20Ram%20SST/IMG_0182.jpg

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/GLHS592/1998%20Dodge%20Ram%20SST/DSC00647.jpg

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/GLHS592/1998%20Dodge%20Ram%20SST/DSC00633.jpg

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/GLHS592/1998%20Dodge%20Ram%20SST/P3190003.jpg

Wow that truck is clean! :yes:

Wish my 91 looked that good.

Can't wait until I get the money to fix it up properly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sold my camper and f250 and ended up in a 97 wrangler.sold that and now i'm in an 04 gmc 1500 crew cab z71 and a 09 21' north trail travel trailer. i'll post pics later.

also have an 07 tahoe that my wife drives, but she doesn't work so i guess it's mine too :)

never had the first problem. i would rather have the 6.0 over the 7.3 or the duramax. i've owned all 3 and it seemed to have the most "off the line" torque.Long hill pulls slowed it down but thats about it.

So this just happened this past weekend....... :ghey:  :shake:  :huh:

IMG_20131110_101314_693_zpsce3727e9.jpg

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV Package. V6 2WD. Since Dee is now doing rural counties (Macon, Trousdale, Smith, eastern Wilson) she needed something to get up some less than adequate right-of-ways to patient's homes without knocking the bottom out of the vehicle. In case you are wondering, it replaces the F-150 (Farm Truck 2.0) and I'm officially booted to the Fusion :smirk:  :word:

Edited by Kpate

Window sticker says it should average around 18 mpg (same as my old truck). Checked the fuel mileage on the first two tankfuls and it's getting 19.7 mpg. Drove it some last night to go get some groceries and it doesn't do too bad at all driving-wise. 

waiting until the warranty runs out on this thing and then gonna do some reliability mods to it :evild: