Cannon Fodder

Fox Mustang: Next Purchase

695 posts in this topic

Looks like it, I see the big black IGN connector along with the two COP connectors. You add the coil harnesses and the coils, either LS or Holley Smart style depending on what you want.

Unfortunately they don't have much info on the site, I found it though a Youtube video about their big wire COP kit.  Also it is prewired for the PWM IAC.

Of course I have already bought the COP harness to add to my universal main harness. Grr.  Though I do have another car that needs a v8..........

Anyone know what size Garter spring a -8 adapter takes?  Mine came apart when I took it off and haven't had any luck putting it back together, pretty much mangled it at this point.

Posted (edited)

On "As the Distributor turns"..........

The distributor litterly loosened and turned, causing the car not to start......

Resynced it and the car now will not idle....may be out of fuel or just old fuel.....

And the ignition switch/cylinder fell apart in the coupe........

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

I'm starting to think the gods do not like me very much or something. :wall:

Edited by Cannon Fodder

1 hour ago, Cannon Fodder said:

On "As the Distributor turns"..........

The distributor litterly loosened and turned, causing the car not to start......

Resynced it and the car now will not idle....may be out of fuel or just old fuel.....

And the ignition switch/cylinder fell apart in the coupe........

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

I'm starting to think the gods do not like me very much or something. :wall:

I had to ziptie the one in my old 89 I had, because it had loosened to the point the blower fan nor turn signals would work you may be able to do the same if it will go back together.

Recommendations on a fuel pressure tester to fit Ford MPI and GM TBI?  It seems the parts house brands get mixed reviews.

Why not buy the parts to plug up the holley sensor? 

Pull the shrader valve fitting out of the feed line and put a -4 to 1/16" npt adapter in.  https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-16179?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-nitrous-express-nx&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh_jqiKaw2wIVxCWBCh3TOA4XEAQYASABEgJP2PD_BwE

Then a 1/8npt female to -4 on the transducer.3

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aer-fbm2721

Then a short section of premade -4 hose to connect them

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-390012bu/overview/

Remember, I haven't had good luck with -AN stuff thus far...........  Hence the $500 set of fuel rails that are in the box that half the fitting leaked.

Remember, the hoses were not leaking, it was the flares on the fittings that were leaking.

So much for Aeromotive quality, I guess I will end up replacing a lot of them with Earls when I try again, at least the ORB fittings.

Building shopping list now, the hose you listed though look to be from -4 to -3, the two fittings are -4 so I will look for the correct one.

Still need the pressure tester to work on the Eldorado whenever I get the chance......If you want to have some more no start fun. :lol:

The coupe is back running and the blower motor is back working with just the ignition switch.:w00t: 

I think I'm still going to replace the cylinder though.  

Negative. I wouldn't replace the cylinder unless I knew for absolute certain that it was the problem. Which is rarely the case.

The key was not working the other day, the shank was being pushed up out of the center and wouldn't fully seat.  It took quite a bit of jiggling, rocking, tapping, PB, etc. before it would seat correctly.  I don't trust the cylinder to not have a tumbler mess up again, less than $20.