Cannon Fodder

Fox Mustang: Next Purchase

646 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Mike said:

Return them.  This isn't a problem I've ever had

No need in returning them, it all came as a kit with the rails and some of the fitting are scratched a bit from taking it apart and reassembling so many time, plus I boogered up one of the hexes because the wrench slipped when assembling the hose.

4 hours ago, Disney said:

I've had a Fragola with a raised burr/dent on the sealing face. Disassemble, double check.

I will take them apart again......

The adapter on the fuel line is Russell but the rest of the fittings are Fragola except the 45*s.  I thought Aeromotive made their own fittings.........

Swapped the Fragola fitting for a RedHorse and guess what.......The feed quit leaking.  Still have some weeping on the loop line though.  I'm guessing that the -8 Fragola fittings are junk.

Got me.  I need to pull the loop and cut about 2 inches off it and I'm debating if I should reassemble it with the Fragola fittings or bite the bullet and go get two more RedHorse from TSS.

No they are leaking past the flare as the fuel is running out of the nut like the flares are just not quite meshing correctly.

Kind of having a heart attack here, 2nd set of flashing after getting an error message after first attempt and no communication afterward.....

efiflash.jpg

efiflash2.jpg

Edited by Cannon Fodder

Nothing that I can tell now.  The software linked with the ecu and told me it needed to update the firmware before I could write to it with the currently installed v4 software on the laptop.  I think the firmware was one version behind.

I started the flashing process and it threw an error telling me to power cycle the unit.  So I power cycled it and the software wouldn't link back up like the ecu was dead.  After digging threw the net and finding nothing I decided to try updating the firmware again. 

Not sure what your experience is with updating firmware, but I have experienced failures before and usually it ended bad with the electronic device turning into a brick.  I was worried after the error that I had bricked a $2k ecu.

I'm at my wits end with these f'n fuel rails, the loop is still leaking an the no. 6 injector just started leaking.  :livid:

Damn dude. I've never had that many problems with fuel rails. Are you using the correct length injectors? Spacing the rails out at a funny angle?

The injectors are Deka 60s but the rail is spaced out for the front fitting to clear the distributor.  I will have to get a better picture as I have changed it from earlier in the thread where the angle isn't so severe.

I guess I will run by TSS and pick up 2 more Red Horse -8 90s to replace the other 2 Fragolas that are leaking.  I swear every -8 fitting that came with this kit is absolute ****.

Is there a Cliff's Notes on this ride, CF?  Did you end up using the parts you got from me a few years ago?

:lol:

The trans is sitting beside the car on the jack, next to the spare engine I got from WBR.  The wiring harness and ECU for the '93 is still in the box because I haven't started on it yet and I have been to lazy to swap to the 3G trying to get everything else to work.

In other words I still have a butt load of parts still in boxes.

It did run until about March when I tore it back down again. The interior is back in both of them and the stains cleaned mostly out of the '93. :lol:

With everything going on my time and money has been limited the last few years so they both have basically just sit.