Cannon Fodder

Fox Mustang: Next Purchase

570 posts in this topic

The race throttle bodies are based on a 90mm outside.  They use a 4" coupler on the inlet.  Just get a standard 75.  That will be more than enough for anything you ever want to do with that car.  

harness03.gif

Curious, as I was gutting the '93 2.3 harness for what I needed I noticed a difference.  The green connector is slightly different, the low oil sender was blank, no big deal, but there was a light green wire that ran to the EEC in the blank pin.  Anyone know what this wire is for?

The brown connector was also missing the bottom two pins, but I don't think I need either of them.

3 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

harness03.gif

Curious, as I was gutting the '93 2.3 harness for what I needed I noticed a difference.  The green connector is slightly different, the low oil sender was blank, no big deal, but there was a light green wire that ran to the EEC in the blank pin.  Anyone know what this wire is for?

The brown connector was also missing the bottom two pins, but I don't think I need either of them.

Possibly low oil pressure fuel shutoff??

21 hours ago, Cannon Fodder said:

Ok, what is the combination switch, turn signal?  Why would it connect to that?

Beats me thats just what I ran across

I'm not sure if these are right or not.  Mike??? Dizzy???

Replaced the springs on number one and used a silver as a base shim and two black shim to match their install height gauge on the intake and only the silver base shim on the exhaust.  I'm not sure if this is the correct stacking order though.  If the other seven are the same I will have just enough shims to complete it.  I skipping the valve stem seals for now which might come back and bite me.

The instruction show a valve spring cup which the E7s don't have and the instructions have small gaps in them.

https://static.trickflow.com/global/images/instructions/tfs-2500100.pdf

th_IMAG0544_zpscmvbnubw.jpg

th_IMAG0545_zpsbpvvobau.jpg

Bleh I have gotten every retainer/keeper loose except number eight intake.  I can't get a good swing with the mallet and everything is in the way, hood, A/C line, clutch cable, speedo cable .......... :(

Yeah, but I don't have one.  Been using a couple of cheap impact sockets on the retainers.  I don't think any of the parts houses have brass drifts in stock.

Finally, ended up compressing the spring and then using the socket and extension as a drift.  Now all the keeper are broke loose and I found that one of the rockers wasn't a Scorpion.  It looks just like them and is a 1.72 but doesn't have the Scorpion imprint and the 1.72 stamping is different.

The shims might be different on each valve, so give them whatever they need to get the installed height right.  Over the years, valve seat wear can make the valve move up, requiring more shim to get the right height.  Just give it what it needs.  

Are the new valve stem seals just like the stockers?  If so your probably ok if they aren't leaking.  But if the new ones are smaller OD, you need to swap them.

The unlabeled rocker is still probably a scorpion.  There are lots of rebadged scorpion 1.72's out there.

I will have to take the calipers and measure the seals, I didn't want to change them because they are not leaking.

I may have to get more shims.  Thought about getting cups but it seems that most of them .060 which would be .015 over on the exhaust but still in tolerance.