Nostalgic1

2021 Mach1

14 posts in this topic

Main thing that stands out to me is BETTER manual trans.  Its the only thing missing from the current GT to make it the perfect pony car in my eyes.  Latest gen Coyote, GREAT suspension and chassis, decent looks but the 2018+ MT82 has weak shift arms which is a no thanks for me.  The Mach fixes that and has the best looking front end that uses the 18+ headlights.

I agree all the other Mach1 stuff woulda been super cool but I dig this car as it is, subtle looks and all.

Matt

The MT-82 was the reason I didn't consider buying a Mustang GT.  If it would have had the Tremec, I would have seriously considered one.  I had thought about a 2012 or 2013 Boss 302 until I found out those came with an MT-82.

This Mach 1 does look really good.  What's the sticker on one?

66sprint6 likes this

The Mach 1 is the only current Mustang that looks good to me.  They messed up the GT and the GT500 is just terrible looking.  The base 2021 GT looks cheap like a 4 cylinder car.  I guess the MSRP on the Mach 1 isn't too far off of what the other brands offer for the money.  If it still had the flat plane 5.2 like the GT 350, I'd  be all in.

JohnC likes this

On 2/13/2021 at 7:16 AM, Kevin said:

If it still had the flat plane 5.2 like the GT 350, I'd  be all in.

If it had a updated version of the GT350 engine, or some engine that truly bridged the gap between the GT and GT500, it would be sexy.

Something like a Coyote 5.8L n/a engine with ram air would have rocked.

But unless I missed something, this is mostly a badged up GT with a little more aggressive tune and suspension. 

I'd get a GT and ProCharge it with the saved cash before I wasted it on the Mach1.

What makes that grey one $63,000?  For that money, I'd buy a Hellcat.  Of course, $56,000 for the blue one I built above, you could get a fully loaded Scat Pack Widebody.  In that case, I'd rather have the Mach 1.  The Widebody is a $6000 option that doesn't get you much in my opinion.  With that option and more, you can pay more for a Scat Pack than some Hellcats.  You know me, I'm not going to spend too much over $40,000 for a new car.  I would not have bought my car for sticker and paid less than $40k for it.  I was looking at Gladiators before I realized you could get a 392 Hemi Challenger for under $40k.  The Gladiator I wanted cost around $55k.  Nope!  The best bargain out there is the LT1 Camaro.  I've heard of people getting one of those for around $30k with discounts.  If you can stomach the looks and the terrible seats of the Camaro, that might be a great platform to hotrod.

JohnC likes this

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

What makes that grey one $63,000?  For that money, I'd buy a Hellcat.  Of course, $56,000 for the blue one I built above, you could get a fully loaded Scat Pack Widebody.  In that case, I'd rather have the Mach 1.  The Widebody is a $6000 option that doesn't get you much in my opinion.  With that option and more, you can pay more for a Scat Pack than some Hellcats.  You know me, I'm not going to spend too much over $40,000 for a new car.  I would not have bought my car for sticker and paid less than $40k for it.  I was looking at Gladiators before I realized you could get a 392 Hemi Challenger for under $40k.  The Gladiator I wanted cost around $55k.  Nope!  The best bargain out there is the LT1 Camaro.  I've heard of people getting one of those for around $30k with discounts.  If you can stomach the looks and the terrible seats of the Camaro, that might be a great platform to hotrod.

The grey one I posted with the options I’d want rang in at a sticker of $60,790.  Not sure what options drove that one to almost $63K. 

Edited by Nostalgic1