dr.art

Beach bend 2021

23 posts in this topic

I detest "going to town".  But now that "mask mandates" are at stores, I very rarely walk in.  I went to Sam's Club pharmacy and my trip coincided with a crowd of people prepping for snowmagedden, and I didn't wear a mask.  Out of the couple hundred people I saw, about 10 had no mask.  I know there is a virus and some people need to take precautions, but they looked like sheep.  Especially standing closely together in line to get their cart checked.  I just walked by like I was Sam.

I'll speak for KY, if you're from TN, or farther south, come on over! 

Disney likes this

22 hours ago, Kevin said:

My wife's grandparents and two aunts live in Bowling Green.  If you listen to them, the whole state is shut down in preparation for the end of the world.

My wife's husband says you should take your car to the track on that date.

66sprint6 likes this

Posted (edited)

Looks like this Saturday for TnT (March 6th)

the weather looks good

I will be there to try out the added 100 shot on the Ranger

IMG_1556.JPG

Edited by dr.art
Tino likes this

4 hours ago, dr.art said:

Looks like this Saturday for TnT (March 6th)

the weather looks good

I will be there to try out the added 100 shot on the Ranger

Better put a steep pitch propeller on it!

66sprint6 likes this

16 minutes ago, Jamtoy said:

Happened to KCIR. Loved that place.

that’s Kansas City International Raceway

Google Pomona CA lately vs the 60s.   20 years ago Pomona was limited to only a few unmuffled evens per year. 

JohnC likes this

On 3/6/2021 at 7:17 PM, Ashley P said:

Google Pomona CA lately vs the 60s.   20 years ago Pomona was limited to only a few unmuffled evens per year. 

CA did the motocross tracks the same way. :rolleyes:

Tracks were outside of the suburbs and then when the suburbs moved in close to the tracks, they tried to force the them to close because of noise and all. :shake: 

CA is the definition of mob (democracy) rule.

Exactly what our founders and framers tried to prevent when they setup our republic and electoral collage. 

But not just CA, as noted by Jamtoy, KCIR was doomed by the same technique.  That was MO.  It's kinda like HOA ganging up on someone not in the neighborhood.

I think KCIR is some kind of park greenway now. 

I am fortunate to live with in 45-60 min of two 1/4 mile strips. Thompson Raceway which has been there since 1958 and Quaker City which has been bought and sold a couple times. I worry that Thompson can survive Covid and Quaker is in a growing area but still far enough out. Thompson is as old school as it gets and honestly I have a lot more fun there. Quaker takes itself to seriously and you never get your moneys worth because they dick around so freaking much. Stupid burnout pad is on an incline too. Thompson is also the faster track.