JohnC

Nitto Ridge Grapplers

9 posts in this topic

The BRIDGESTONE DUELER H/L ALENZA in 275-55-20 are garbage as far as wear and durability go.

Only 23k miles and they're nearly done.

The right front sidewall and on top the outside tread are ripping up, too.

Highway grip in the dry was excellent and even in the rain they were excellent, so it sucks that wear and durability were no good. 

That said...

I bought some Nitto Ridge Grapplers and had them installed on the Tundra today in 285-55-20.

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

A94D88CC-3BCD-4337-B203-CF18C1DD7BC9.jpeg

9768B5D2-29E5-4976-A94C-AFD00BF430C7.jpeg

We plan to do some mild off roading and these tires had good reviews.

They're excellent on the road in all weather so far.

Only noticeable thing I don't like, and this is expected with tall sidewall and deep tread off road oriented tires, at high speeds you can feel the wobble in the turns.

Try increasing your air pressure, had to do that with both sets of my Terra-Grapplers.  I used 40psi but they both were load range E tires, most half tons are load range C.  The truck felt squishy when they were lower.

JohnC likes this

Interesting.  Hows the road noise?  the Toyo Open Country AT2's on mine are loud for an all terrain.  

Where you planning on taking it off road?

Matt

15 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Interesting.  Hows the road noise?  the Toyo Open Country AT2's on mine are loud for an all terrain.  

Where you planning on taking it off road?

Matt

I've been told they get louder as they wear, but for now, they're quiet. :yes: 

Barely any hint of that roaring that off road tires usually do. 

I was actually surprised how quiet they are because looking at the tread, I figured they would have been loud. 

66sprint6 likes this

Yeah Im shocked at how much noise these AT2's put out for how sedate they appear to be tread wise.  Ive heard the AT3's addressed that issue but I dunno.  My truck is super quiet which makes the tire noise more noticeable so Ill be keeping that in mind when it comes time to replace them.  They arent as loud as a MT by any means and the noise is also in no way what I would call annoying, even on long trips but its super noticeable.  Still way better than the womp womp womp my wife's tires are doing right now tho :roflmao:

Matt

JohnC likes this

Man, I was shocked how well these tires did in the recent Snowpocalypse! :w00t: 

I actually was trying to see if t would get stuck by going off pavement in the deep snow, but it just went anywhere I wanted to go no problem! 

The same pavement I had no issues on beached a coworkers Focus. :lol: 

I pulled him out with ease!

When these wear out, I'll probably stick with the same tire for replacement. :yes: 

Disney likes this