Jamtoy

Renewing my 08' Silverado

4 posts in this topic

Thought about a new truck even though I really love mine. After looking at what new trucks cost and what used are bringing I decided to do some much needed tlc. So because Ohio she got some rust in the fenders and rockers. Had a friend replace the rockers,remove the dents, paint what was needed. Just sealed the rear fender rust and if it gets worse I'll just get a new bed. For now not to worried as inner box and fenders are mint. Then he wet sanded and buffed it out. De-badged it too. Hasn't looked this good since I got it back in 2012.

Have a complete Texas Speed stage 2 truck cam kit for it with DOD delete sitting on the shelf and new headers and exhaust as well. Once I get the Vette back from its cam swap Ill take this one in. 235k miles and looks like it's going to stick around for another 200k.

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

truck1.jpeg

truck2.jpeg

Ashley P, Tino, JohnC and 1 other like this

Got see what the cam and headers do for it but yeah, have been looking at the turbo  kits. 

think I will do gears first. Plan on new wheels and slightly bigger tires next spring and need it to still pull a trailer. 4:10s would make it much better.

Tino likes this