Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raceall

Nitto Grapplers

36 posts in this topic

I've not myself, but man those look nice! :yes:

I like this one best out of your choices: http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/trailgrappler :love:

But if it was my DD, I'd probably go with these: http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/terragrappler :up:

If I planned to make my Dodge a trail toy, I'd go for these: http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/mudgrappler :yum:

The tires on my Dodge are so old one blew out on the front and I swear they all have like 90% tread left. The truck just didn't get driven enough to wear out those old Firestone tires. :lol:

Cooper has some nice A/T tires. Check them out.

I'll check'um out! :up:

I'll probably order my tires online and have CO-OP mount and balance them if that still works out to be cheaper. :yes:

>http://www.summitracing.com/search/Product-Line/Hankook-DynaPro-MT-RT03-Tires/

these are the tires that i always ran on my jeeps. They always did fine for me in mud or driving down the interstate :yes:

Looks like $187 a tire for the size I have on the truck now. I'd like to keep it closer to around $150 a tire if possible. I'm cheap when it comes to tires! :lol:

yeah i was called into work, and got stuck up here for 4 days!

Crap! That sucks! :(

Did insurance total it out, or did you keep it and they give you a check? It would make a nice trail toy if you could fix it back up! :yes:

they wanted almost 6k to buy it back. Wasn't worth it so i took all the goodies off and let it go.

I have Terra Grapplers on my truck, so far I have been happy with them. I'm running a load range E tire @40psi on a 1/2 ton and it rides smoother and softer than the Goodyear Wranglers did even being a load range C tire. I don't really off-road the truck but traction hasn't been an issue dry, wet, snowy/icy that we have had in the recent years. I haven't measured the tread but it appears to be wearing at a good rate, I have had the tires on for about 20K miles. For road noise they are quieter than the Wranglers but seem to be more noisy on smoother roads than rough ones for some reason. The one complaint I have is that they are soft, I had to replace one of the tires at about 8K because something small in size poked through the side of one of the tread blocks. I still have the tire but I have never tried to plug it because I don't have a spare wheel.

The Cooper Discovery was next on my list if the Toyo/Nitto wasn't available.

I had Terra Grapplers on a 3/4 ton dodge I used to own. I had no complaints about them. On my previous tahoe I had Toyo Mud Country's. They were great tires, expensive, but they wore good and were good in the dirt.

One of the biggest complaints I read before I bought them was they were wearing quickly on the 3/4s for some reason, like 20-30K miles. They don't show that kind of wear on my 1/2 so maybe they changed the rubber a bit.

They were $960 on the road (taxes, mount and balance, disposal, the whole shooting match). I got them at Custom Automotive in Calvert City, KY. Custom Automotive used to be the place to go, up here, for hot rod parts, wheels, etc. They are a family-owned business that has been around for 40 or so years. You can go in, hang out, watch TV, and enjoy free cokes and popcorn while you are there; and the service is great.

285/60-18 Terra Grapplers are now on the truck. They look great. Pics to come.

How has your Terra Grapplers held up so far? :???:

About to go grab a set of tires for the Dodge 4x4. I've said screw it and just going to put on a set of BFG All Terrain T/A KO's for now. Will be $823 mounted and balanced for a set of 4 in 31x10.50 R15 from Discount Tire.

I still really like them. They have about 15k miles on them with very little wear. They ride smooth and are quiet. I've had to make a lot of trips to Louisville, over the past couple of months, and they do a great job on the highway. I've been out in the fields with them once or twice and have never had the slightest worry about getting hung up.