JohnC

SNT Dyno Day 2020

Rate this topic:

18 posts in this topic

So who all is up for a dyno day for 2020 since we've not done one in 2 years? :) 

I'll have to call around and see what's available and then work on a date we can all go. :up: 

What dyno do y'all want to use?

Mainline, Mustang Dyno, DynoJet, etc.... 

Tino likes this

3 hours ago, Tino said:

Count me in :up:

Let's see what my mustang does. I say 250 to the wheels

What's a good date for you?

Doesn't have to be this month, it can be next. 

Im in, would like to see where the Shelby sits as it is.  If its going to have to be during a week day then after the 20th of the month would be best for me if possible.  As for the dyno, we can go back to 5th Gear or see of Matt Sanford can accommodate or DBR.  I got the Shelby baselined at 5th gear so that would be my first pick but honestly it doesnt matter, fun is fun and Ide be in wherever you picked if Im able to make it!

Matt

JohnC likes this

19 hours ago, Tino said:

Count me in :up:

Let's see what my mustang does. I say 250 to the wheels

No way with heads and all that you should be well over 250 LOL.  I was shooting for 250's in the 66 last time and was pleasantly surprised and you should be well above it!  If I brought the Wagon Ide be tickled with 250's as it sits. :lol:

Matt

Tino likes this

So 3 cars so far.... :up: 

We'll probably need more than that for a group price discount.

If that matters to ya'll at all. 

2 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Im in, would like to see where the Shelby sits as it is.  If its going to have to be during a week day then after the 20th of the month would be best for me if possible.  As for the dyno, we can go back to 5th Gear or see of Matt Sanford can accommodate or DBR.  I got the Shelby baselined at 5th gear so that would be my first pick but honestly it doesnt matter, fun is fun and Ide be in wherever you picked if Im able to make it!

Matt

DBR has a Mainline, so you don't have to worry about tire spin or the car flying off the dyno roller should something go wrong like a tie-down strap break. 

Just something to think about.... 

28 minutes ago, JohnC said:

DBR has a Mainline, so you don't have to worry about tire spin or the car flying off the dyno roller should something go wrong like a tie-down strap break. 

Just something to think about.... 

None of those are a big deal to me!  Ill go wherever yall plan it.  If we cant get enough cars to get a discount then Im ok with payin $75-100 for 3 pulls like most charge.  Get with Matt Sanford or Wes/ Taylor Curtis at 5th Gear and they can likely get us in.

Matt

Disney and JohnC like this

54 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I'd be interested in seeing what all of your racecars can do.

On 5/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, 66sprint6 said:

Matt

We can hit the track afterwards. :yes: 

We just have to schedule it on the right day.  :up: 

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

I'd be interested in seeing what all of your racecars can do.

My DD rocks a helmet in the trunk and slicks from time to time, does that count?  :D  Would enjoy seeing if JohnC's junk can stay together long enough to make him proud!  I been wanting to see it for some time now thats for sure.

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

We can hit the track afterwards. :yes: 

We just have to schedule it on the right day.  :up: 

I was down last time and Ide be down this time as well.  When I did the baseline pulls on the Shelby I headed straight to Union Hill from the dyno and made some passes.  Was a sucky hot day but it was a FUN day either way!

I been wanting to see the SS make a decent pass!  Its time!

Matt

JohnC and mstrpth like this

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

I wish I had something worth strapping down to a dyno.

You do.  Always fun to get a baseline if nothing else!

Matt