Ashley P

The virus

133 posts in this topic

At work we're having problems getting parts.  Our distribution center is in Nashville  Lebanon and they supposedly have sick employees and are using temp help that can't ship the right stuff to the right stores.  And suppliers like Gates and Fel Pro are out of stock on common stuff. 

I think plenty of people are tired or just through with taking extreme precautions.  I know I'm still trying to 'social distance' and I'm washing my hands, but I no longer Lysol bomb the interior of a vehicle before getting in it.  I just wash afterward. 

At work we're having problems getting parts.  Our distribution center is in Nashville  Lebanon and they supposedly have sick employees and are using temp help that can't ship the right stuff to the right stores.  And suppliers like Gates and Fel Pro are out of stock on common stuff. 

I think plenty of people are tired or just through with taking extreme precautions.  I know I'm still trying to 'social distance' and I'm washing my hands, but I no longer Lysol bomb the interior of a vehicle before getting in it.  I just wash afterward. 

I've been sent home early everyday last week because we keep running out of parts.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Got back to work and found out another employee had the Covid-19.

Problem is, she has another employee as a roommate and everyone who worked her unit had to quarantine along with someone she shared food with, and her boyfriend that works with us.

Where we normally have anywhere from 32-34 people on our shift (and that's not filling every post as we're always short), we only had 21.

I'm surprised they didn't call Strike Force, Tac Team or something.

To add to that low number, I was out on FLMA with the baby, a co-worker quit, one other retired and another got fired.

Three of the four of us work like every day, so it was like they lost 6 people since we work lots of OT on each-others shift. 

Then, a family friend who's a lawyer and city councilman told me a couple other lawyers he knows got it and almost died as they went in to pneumonia. 

34 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

I've been sent home early everyday last week because we keep running out of parts.

Safelite still has my car because they're waiting on the power window actuator thingy. :meh: 

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Safelite still has my car because they're waiting on the power window actuator thingy. :meh: 

You will get it back with the rods hanging out of it.....

66sprint6 likes this

19 hours ago, JohnC said:

Got back to work and found out another employee had the Covid-19.

Problem is, she has another employee as a roommate and everyone who worked her unit had to quarantine along with someone she shared food with, and her boyfriend that works with us.

Where we normally have anywhere from 32-34 people on our shift (and that's not filling every post as we're always short), we only had 21.

I'm surprised they didn't call Strike Force, Tac Team or something.

To add to that low number, I was out on FLMA with the baby, a co-worker quit, one other retired and another got fired.

Three of the four of us work like every day, so it was like they lost 6 people since we work lots of OT on each-others shift. 

Then, a family friend who's a lawyer and city councilman told me a couple other lawyers he knows got it and almost died as they went in to pneumonia. 

Sounds like a promotion is coming your way

Some friends have two daughters, one of which got married lately.  She had postponed the wedding a couple times hoping Covid would be done with and she could have a big wedding, but she gave up and had the wedding.   A few days before the ceremony she was diagnosed with Covid.   Her sister got it too.  Funny thing, the Bride's husband did not get it and had been really sick back in February.

Both gals had "mild" symptoms and are fine now.

I personally know 2 more people that got it. one was pretty sick but her husband and 2, under 10yo kids were fine and never got it.

The other didn't make it. he was 60's with no pre existing conditions. He may could have beat it but refused the ventilator.

^ The fact (seems to be fact, anyway) that some people die and yet others are exposed and don't even get it j(or don't show any symptoms) just doesn't make sense to me.

I'd really like an antibody test to be accurate, available, anonymous, and cheap.  I suspect many around me to have already been exposed.   A "you've already had it" result would sure lessen the stress of the recipient.

17 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Maybe he'll live through it and learn some compassion and/or empathy.  

closet Bernie fan :D 

Ashley P likes this

The folks that said "Covid will go away after the election" were a tad off.   It seems like lot more folks around here have gotten it/gotten rid of it lately.

We have 8 Covid-19 positive Death Row inmates.

I got sent down to help the rookies get one in the ambulance and out to the hospital. 

I've been around Covid-19 positives a lot in my job and so far so good! <knock on wood>

My aunt, my Dads sister who turns 80 Dec 7th, and her husband both got it. They're better now thank God.

Disney likes this

Several posts ago I mentioned my wife's friend from Ecuador.  Well, I sat down with her husband and discussed the situation in Ecuador.   He said folks there are very close to each other in physical location and most folks work for what they eat, meaning they don't have the ability to sit at home AND eat.  So they didn't social distance.  The big cities reported a few thousand deaths from COVID, but deaths were WAY above normal.  The "authorities" that would come to homes to pick up the bodies of the deceased got so far behind that people were wrapping the bodies in bags and putting them outside for days before pickup.   He thinks the deaths were way under reported.  But, he thinks most of the city got it, got over it, and now that other places have gotten a second spike, things there are normal.  In other words, he thinks they got herd immunity.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 5:05 PM, JohnC said:

We have 8 Covid-19 positive Death Row inmates.

I got sent down to help the rookies get one in the ambulance and out to the hospital. 

Why waste the time and money? Seems like problem solved to me.

Tino likes this

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllp.  It has invaded the household.  Took a while but we finally started seeing positive cases getting closer and closer to us, folks we know, people from her work etc.  Kathleen went today after having an off weekend (prego so not unusual) and then loosing her sense of taste and smell and brought home a positive test result.  Weve all been kinda funky feeling last little bit but figured it was the typical "funk" and nothing much else.  Heres to hoping that it takes it easy on her and Luke at least and we can get to the other side of this fun stuff in one piece and in time to detox everything before the new little one wants to join us!!!

Matt

I pray all goes well for your family.   At a checkup for my kids the other day the Dr said kids usually have it very mild.

(But I'm still gonna wipe down my computer screen after having your post on it.  Ick! )

mstrpth and 66sprint6 like this

My mother in law, two sister in laws, and two nephews have had it. So far nothing to be concerned about other than they all said they just felt tired.

66sprint6 likes this

15 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllp.  It has invaded the household.  Took a while but we finally started seeing positive cases getting closer and closer to us, folks we know, people from her work etc.  Kathleen went today after having an off weekend (prego so not unusual) and then loosing her sense of taste and smell and brought home a positive test result.  Weve all been kinda funky feeling last little bit but figured it was the typical "funk" and nothing much else.  Heres to hoping that it takes it easy on her and Luke at least and we can get to the other side of this fun stuff in one piece and in time to detox everything before the new little one wants to join us!!!

Matt

You should be fine.

I highly recommend taking vitamins.

Zinc, C, D, and magnesium. 

Don't know if it's just lack of sleep, but after dealing with the Covid-19 inmates, I felt really fatigued.

This is the second time this year (but not as bad this time) I've been in contact with a Covid-19 positive and felt this way, so I truly believe you can get it more than once. :meh: 

66sprint6 and Disney like this