Ashley P

The virus

116 posts in this topic

we're so lucky to have experts in here...  :dunno: 

FACT: Since opening the doors some..so to speak, There's been a spike in infected people.

All else aside, think about the doctors/nurses who have to deal with this and then go home to their families. Is it more deadly than the flu? Don't know, is it more contagious? yes.

This fact is brought to you by actual care takers, NOT my own opinion I gathered while sitting on the couch in my  sweatpants playing thumb thug...

JohnC likes this

Hey, I'm NOT claiming to be an expert.  Nor do I claim to have superior info.  I'm looking for the truth.

Our neighbor is a nurse who supposedly has a COVID patient.  The nurse is tired of social distancing and wants things more normal.

BUT, is that anecdotal evidence?  Cherry picking data?   Neither, both?  

I know traffic has picked up a LOT in the last week.  I'd guess my road was down to 5% of normal 2 to 3 weeks ago, now it's more like 85%. 

Yahoo has an article very critical of the "documentary" "Plandemic".   Whether either is right or wrong, I don't know.  But after watching Plandemic a few days ago, and reading the Yahoo article, I know that the article doesn't help it's cause by committing logical fallacies in a clear attempt to discredit the video.  I know it's suspect that Youtube and FB pulled the vid.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/discredited-doctor-sham-science-stars-001559788.html

Again it's a struggle for truth.

This vid was offered to me and I chuckled.   My coworker has a young in-law who tested positive for the covid antibodies.   Said person was last sick around Christmas.  So, could have had it with no symptoms, or this stuff has been in W KY since December.

I had a Lieutenant and a Capetian get it.

The LT got pneumonia on top of it and was hospitalized and quarantined. 

He said his blood O2 was rock bottom and he was on oxygen.

He was out for over 3 weeks.

We had one other hospitalized, but she is at home recovering now.

Others are OK now as well, so zero deaths. 

About what age and general health condition were they?   My neighbor is OK now, she's close to 70 years old.

I didnt change my life one bit, i went to work, church, out to walmart, out to eat now every chance i get and even went on vaction to the mountains for a 3 day weekend. Haven't even had runny nose and im not wearing a mask or gloves. I wash my hands like i normally do. I may just be lucking but this seems to be way over hyped.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

I don't have to go into the office, other than that I never stopped getting out. I take my girls to daycare every day just like before. One thing I noticed is nobody has had a cold, runny nose, sniffles, couch, or anything since this started. It seems like before this one or both of the girls always had something going on and it drove us nuts cause half the time we would end up getting it too. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this has been the longest healthy stretch for my family since the birth of my oldest.

mstrpth, JohnC and Cody like this

Posted (edited)

Hey, how's everybody doing?   My wife's got a friend to brought COVID home to her family.  The 4 year old slowed down for a couple days.  The 40 year olds were sick and tired for a couple/3 weeks.  One of the 70 yo was hospitalized for a week.  All have recovered.

For a week my work was slow enough that I could actually work without interruption.  But for the last month it's like the floodgates have opened and everybody and their brother wants a car fixed.

Oh, and two weekends ago I noticed a huge increase in campers and RVs heading down the road.  Planes are still very scarce overhead.

And...I've heard of a local elderly man dying and it being called COVID but it was really heart failure.

Edited by Ashley P
JohnC likes this

I think I had it.... Never went back for another test though.

I went through a 2 to 3 week period where I was soooooo run down and tired.

For a solid week, I could hardly even get out of bed.

I never feel like that.....

I took handfuls of vitamins and drank energy drinks just to get the energy to get to work.

I can only image what I'd felt like if I hadn't took vitamins and energy drinks.  

And as a side note, I hardly ever drink energy drinks; maybe once or twice a year when I'd had too much to do to sleep in a day or two.

11 hours ago, Ashley P said:

And...I've heard of a local elderly man dying and it being called COVID but it was really heart failure.

Yep, everything is a woohan death now if they test positive.

Person shot 15 times in the head, COVID killed them.

Person decapitated in a auto accident, COVID killed them.

Person fell in to the tree chipper leaving nothing but their legs, COVID killed them.

It is all about money for the health organizations, grant dollars, emergency dollars, etc.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

How many people do y'all personally know that have had it? My number is firm at 2. One I used to work with, one an employee of my friend in NOLA. He got it during Mardi Gras this year (bartender).

I've heard of people having it that i've never met, Jame's wife being one, but i'm not counting those who i've never met. 

And Go!

Next-ish door neighbor claimed to have it.  I haven't spoken to her in about 2 years....does she count?  lol

I don't know anyone personally who had it. But its finally worked down the line to me. I got laid off last week and the extra money is about to end. I hate to live off the government but i hope they do extend it. Tennessee's unemployment is only 275 before taxes, its around 197 after. Im not sure about yall but it will be difficult to live off of. I have money saved up but with the virus "on the rise" idk how long ill be off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Disney said:

How many people do y'all personally know that have had it? My number is firm at 2. One I used to work with, one an employee of my friend in NOLA. He got it during Mardi Gras this year (bartender).

I've heard of people having it that i've never met, Jame's wife being one, but i'm not counting those who i've never met. 

And Go!

good family friend - ICU for a couple months. My aunt, a neighbor
(ICU for 2-3 weeks) So 3. then a handful of people I work with. maybe 2-3 that I personally knew.

13 hours ago, mstrpth said:

good family friend - ICU for a couple months. My aunt, a neighbor
(ICU for 2-3 weeks) So 3. then a handful of people I work with. maybe 2-3 that I personally knew.

I realize the shutdown was to slow the spread, but we can't sustain this for much longer.

The economy can't sustain it long term. 

I think they way over estimated the devastation, too.

You can't stop the spread, so everyone will eventually get it.

That said, we need to open the economy back up 100%! 

Kevin likes this

My sister in law has it, tested positive monday. She was at my house Saturday so my whole family is awaiting test results now.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

On 7/9/2020 at 8:31 AM, gammey4 said:

My sister in law has it, tested positive monday. She was at my house Saturday so my whole family is awaiting test results now.

Man, how is everyone?

Man, how is everyone?

We all tested negative thankfully. My sister in law got pneumonia but has pretty much recovered. My other sister in law got it also and pretty much same story.

JohnC and Ashley P like this

16 hours ago, gammey4 said:

We all tested negative thankfully. My sister in law got pneumonia but has pretty much recovered. My other sister in law got it also and pretty much same story.

Glad to hear y'all are not positive! :up: