Ashley P

The virus

46 posts in this topic

Went to Walgreens tonight to get some alcohol to clean our thermometers after using on these sick kids. Sold out. Grocery out. Walmart out. Everyone out. Go to liquor store to get some PGA... Sold out. Come on y'all!!! 

JohnC likes this

13 hours ago, Ashley P said:

I don't wanna go down all the conspiracy rabbit trails (or do I? lol), but I do wonder how this will affect the political realm.  One of my favorite Senators has tested positive.  And Old Trumpie is definitely NOT a conservative if he thinks it's Constitutional to for the feds to pay folks.

http://www.westkentuckystar.com/News/National-World/Sen-Rand-Paul-Tests-Positive-for-COVID-19.aspx

Cody, if your boss is exposing himself to others outside the shop, make sure he's taking strong precautions if he's around you guys.  I'm gonna have a chat at work about reducing access to the general public.

So my neighbor is retired military..at 37 no less. He still has very close friends that serve. He's been feeding me info you can't find on the news. I can't share much

but most of what you hear about the virus itself, is false.

people panic buy because it is the one thing they can control. That and with everyone doing the same, no one wants to do without. Is it stupid? yes. But if you haven't prepared at this point because it's stupid, well then you're the dumb one imo. I haven't had to buy anything as I keep at least a month worth of food on hand at any given time. Same for water and ways to purify water. I've always been that way though. When you grow up in the middle of nowhere, you tend to plan out more than 2 days.

Ashley P and JohnC like this

My opinion may not be popular but:

I cannot agree with mandates that subvert every amendment in the bill of rights. Yes, we should use caution and act appropriately following the prescribed behavior changes to avoid spreading the virus. We should not allow both the COTUS or the economy to be severely damaged in order to stave off a risk that is no wear nearly as deadly as many other aspects of life we live with daily. Yes, aged and sick people could die if they contract it. Many more will die of other causes. The trade off and the willingness of Americans to not even question the directives is chilling. We are past antipathy and heading straight for dependence. 

The mere fact that we have become so dumb that we deem we must hoard toilet paper means we have likely past the point of being deserving of the sacrifices made to give us this nation.

Jumps off soapbox.

JohnC and Ashley P like this

If Obummer was still President, we'd be truckin' along like normal, except the economy would be naturally bad.  I am just blown away that a common cold virus has shut the world down.

JohnC likes this

I agree with Jamtoy... :yes: 

Now I don't see a problem with Govt recommending people that can stay home, to do so.

And just not going out to like really large gatherings, etc.

But shutting down businesses like this? NOPE! I do not agree with that. :no: 

It should be up to the citizens and businesses what they want to do to based on credible information.

I can't see shutting down the economy like this over a virus.... :no: 

Disney likes this

19 hours ago, Disney said:

Went to Walgreens tonight to get some alcohol to clean our thermometers after using on these sick kids. Sold out. Grocery out. Walmart out. Everyone out. Go to liquor store to get some PGA... Sold out. Come on y'all!!! 

Ive got a bottle or two I use around the garage if you need some.  Hate to hear the little ones are sick :o/

Matt

JohnC likes this

15 hours ago, JohnC said:

I agree with Jamtoy... :yes: 

Now I don't see a problem with Govt recommending people that can stay home, to do so.

And just not going out to like really large gatherings, etc.

But shutting down businesses like this? NOPE! I do not agree with that. :no: 

It should be up to the citizens and businesses what they want to do to based on credible information.

I can't see shutting down the economy like this over a virus.... :no: 

It's all based on how fast it spreads.

I don't agree with the govt. stepping in either...HOWEVER, people are too stupid to stay home so.. what do you do

66sprint6, Disney, JohnC and 1 other like this

45 minutes ago, mstrpth said:

I don't agree with the govt. stepping in either...HOWEVER, people are too stupid to                                   what do you do

That is the question with so many current issues.

66sprint6 likes this

22 hours ago, mstrpth said:

It's all based on how fast it spreads.

I don't agree with the govt. stepping in either...HOWEVER, people are too stupid to stay home so.. what do you do

And the fact that most people Americans don't save money, they live paycheck to paycheck and really can't afford to stay home. :no: 

Even worse, they have loans for everything they have and rent.

Not good. 

I get frustrated with Americans in general. I think many are so ensconced in their daily lives and living a dream built on debt and instant gratification they don't think to the future. Then the stupid wave hits and they are convinced they will need to wipe their ass every 20 minutes for the next 10 years. Personal responsibility and self reliance are a thing of the past. Then their is the addiction to media and ease of being conned by communist hacks is shocking to me. 

Despite that I also think that when **** hits the fan and all goes to hell, many who wouldn't or couldn't step up and we help our neighbor. I made a car payment for a friend and will likely help others as well. I tip far more than 20% now and try to order in as much as possible. Little things add up.

Ashley P, JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

24 minutes ago, Jamtoy said:

and ease of being conned by communist hacks is shocking to me.

What ideology is the current "hand out 2 Trillion" garbage?

1 hour ago, Disney said:

Govt forced your job to close down, so they will step in and give you money in trade for not earning your normal wage. 

Which ideology is italicized and which is bold?   It's SO screwed up.

I'm of the firm belief that 40% of the population is somewhere between worthless and evil.  I may be off +- 10%, but after my trip out, I think my estimate may be too low.  I went out to pick up 5 things.  I had to go to 2 stores to get 4 of them.  Guess what I couldn't find.  This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in my life and I work for the government.  I hope some of these hoarders get stuck with $5000 worth of toilet paper etc.

I am wondering if I should have bought a new car in October.  I have the money to finish paying it off, but I am holding off to see where this goes.  I'm still getting paid, we have electricity/water/phone/internet, and there's food at the grocery store.  I can hop in the shower if we run out of toilet paper.

I'm not too worried yet.  I'm a tad concerned about how people will be the longer this goes on.  If you don't have any money and you have mouths to feed, you might get a little desperate.  I sure don't want any desperate people showing up at my door with guns in hand.

JohnC, Ashley P and mstrpth like this

The bug-out of buying up everything is stupid because grocery stores will remain open through this.

The suppliers will also remain open.

People doing all this hoarding are the ones causing the shortages because most of the supply chains are built on long term supply and demand along with just in time order and restocking strategies. 

So if everyone just went back to normal shopping habits, everything would be in stock. 

I've not changed my buying habits one bit and I'm fine. :up: 

Tino likes this

John, we've cut our food purchases.  My wife and kids are in "town" on a certain day, and she uses Walmart pickup to zip in and out.  Well, Walmart isn't keeping up with demand, and instead of getting 10 gallons of milk and 4 loaves of bread, we're getting 1/2 that.  We've depleted our small reserves, but all we have to do is go INTO a store and shop.  She won't go into a store, so I'm probably gonna have to do some shopping soon.

And I'm right there with Kevin on his assessments.

My area is doing great. We are getting more work than we can handle. 2 cases were confirmed last week in my county and none has popped up since or out surrounding counties. Our Walmart is just like yours, no toilet paper, milk, cereal or canned food. The crazy thing is dollar general has everything lol so I'll just go there. Got some rotel and made chili. Walmart has tons of produce because people are fat and stupid. I'm about over all this. Just let me go to the track.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wanted 12 cans of foam and 4  2x4s from Lowes.  If I walked in I'd have to walk 1/2 way across the store, spent 15 minutes in there, see one cashier, and swipe a card.  I figured I'd put in my order online to limit my time and exposure.

Well, after the pickup dept sent me to the other end of the store, and that end didn't know what to do to let me have the cart with my stuff sitting RIGHT THERE, I ended up spending 15 minutes, seeing 3 employees, and having to sign a paper.  :shake:

That's a small example of why I think 'merica is gonna have bigger problems in a month.

JohnC, Disney and 66sprint6 like this