Ashley P

The virus

46 posts in this topic

So how's it affecting you?  KY seems to be slowly restricting workers.  Our walk in work has slowed down, but my scheduled work is still there and I just wash my hands an extra couple times per car.   So far, so good.

JohnC likes this

Working from home as is Kathleen.  She works downstairs and Im in the Bonus Room with Luke.  I work from 9am till I go to bed due to the fact that sometimes Ide rather play with Luke than work...or hes being a bit of a bugger.  I go to the office once a day to pick up anything thats been dropped off and hope/pray its clean.  Its not very productive BUT Im soaking up the time with Luke and enjoying being able to do lunch with Kathleen.  Ready for this BS to move on and get back to living our lives but were making the best of it and honestly...we will be just fine!

Hope all is well for everyone else.

Matt

JohnC likes this

Wife and I are also working from home. Kids still in daycare for now. I'm sure that will come to end soon. I switched jobs at Nissan so working from home is much easier since I no longer have to put parts on cars and do a lot of testing. Mostly just looking at pictures of burned out cars and writing reports.I can do that anywhere!

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

I can easily work from home as I use a vpn everyday, but my work is doing absolutely nothing to protect us

JohnC likes this

Well, so far I have had one employee test negative. Took three days for results. We have put "extreme" cleaning measures in place and are doing our best "social distancing". I nominate "social distancing" for new phrase of the year.

We have stopped all visitors to the office. Only truck drivers may come to the plant and they must adhere to a specified spot to pick up paperwork. I have sent home employees who show up for work sick or with symptoms. 

With Ohio shutting more things down daily we are expecting to be shut down any day now. Some states have designated Plastic production as essential business so we may be ok. We have notified all of our customers of potential delays due to the virus. 

Personally I am so freaking bored because the gym is closed, the bar is closed and I don't have a lady friend. I need at least two of the three to survive! Joking aside, I will not visit my Dad until this thing passes and at 80 he is hunkered down and pretty much stay at home when not working. 

Went to Finn Feather and Fur and bought a couple guns yesterday. Ruger LCR 38sp and a Springfield Armory Saint 5.56 with about $600 in multiple upgrades already on it. BUT, delayed due to overwhelming the application system. I hope they are not closed before I can pick it up. They are selling 200 guns a day and place was packed, many first time gun buyer's. The only 9mm ammo they had was target rounds. 

If we shut down I'm going to finally get some stuff done on my Grand Sport. New lenses on headlights and finally put the new splitter and side skirts on. Not that I took out the old splitter on a curb or anything like that...…..:smirk:

66sprint6, JohnC and mstrpth like this

After blowing out my knee (which is back to normal, thankfully), and coming down with a sinus infection/flu sort of crud, I had already been out of work for a week and a half.  So, I am the store back-up/safety net.  I'm currently working from home. In the case that one of our customers or coworkers tests positive, I've been isolated enough to go in without being affected. To comply with our governor's orders, we have canceled church meetings, so I am working through that as well. I foresee more state-wide shutdowns in the very near future.

Disney likes this

Posted (edited)

Since we homeschool, it's been pretty normal at home.  The public indoctrination camps are closed, but the buses are running, to transport school food to the kids at home.  Judging by the pics on social media showing drivers hugging kids, I bet the meals are not too sterile.

My wife is was raised a little more spoiled than I, but the grocery situation has got her wanting to actually grow a productive garden this year.  If my mom were still living this would be a cakewalk, as she could teach her and the kids all about it.  She's also seeing how much food waste we produce and is working to reduce it.  (I was raised by a mom who learned to cook from her "survive the depression"  Grandmother, so I've been after her for about 10 years to better utilize leftovers and such.)

My wife has friends in Israel, Mexico, and Brazil as heard how they're all going through the same kinda shut downs.  She's also been reading the Bible through for the last two years.  She pointed out how much the world has changed in 3 weeks, and how the stage could be set for some kinda "savior" to step up.

Edited by Ashley P

We were told to stay home between 3/18 and 3/31.  I still have to go in to get some paperwork done.  I went in today for a few hours to print some stuff our and bring a few things home to do.  I will probably go in at least once a week.

I still think this whole thing is way overblown, but I may be proved wrong.  I hope we are back to normal soon.

JohnC likes this

The house behind me (that I tried to buy at auction) usually has parties every other night at a minimum. Ever since this has hit they stopped that routine and now have them every single night. They are out there right now whoopin and hollerin.

JohnC and Tino like this

7 hours ago, Disney said:

The house behind me (that I tried to buy at auction) usually has parties every other night at a minimum. Ever since this has hit they stopped that routine and now have them every single night. They are out there right now whoopin and hollerin.

Millennials.... :shake: 

Do you need some big cam and blown LSx / LTx cars to show up and make some noise after they crash in bed? :evild: 

We can show up often, too! :evild::evild: 

Disney likes this

Our. infectious disease protocols were put into effect back in early March and we’ve had 100% of our employees working from home since then.  

I don't want anybody to panic, but I'd like parents to keep their kids at home.   And some folks are too *#%Q@&  to act any differently than normal, like old retired men that want to come lean on a counter and yak for 30 minutes. 

IMHO...

This virus will spread no matter what we do.

But from my understanding, all of the recommendations like social distancing and closing restaurants, etc., are to slow the spread so that hospitals don't get overwhelmed with sick folks because this virus infects more people faster than normal viruses. 

Correct me if I'm wrong....

Tino likes this

That's my take as well. WE can't totally avoid it, but we can spread it out over time. I understand the logic, but I don't have to like it. Damn you, CHY NA!

JohnC and Tino like this

Yep you nailed it as far as I understand.  Slow it down so health care can keep up and help those in dire need better, not just from the sickness but in general.  If it spreads quick like elsewhere then folks having other emergencies will be in trouble as well as those with the virus and many will suffer.  Here's to hoping we can ease that and slow it down.

Matt

JohnC and Tino like this

Too bad the other 90% of Merica doesn't understand it.

If they also could realize they're creating the shortages by panic buying, we wouldn't be running out of everything.

So if folks would go back to normal shopping habits, we wouldn't have empty shelves everywhere. 

Why can't these idiots that are buying up everything see that? 

Tino likes this

We are still working with no sign of shutting down. It's a 6 man shop though and we dont see the public. I know the company's we do work for are up still but only my boss can take parts now. With the automotive industry shutting down I'm afraid Dana, pml and Nobel will shut down too. That's 3 of our big customers and we will only have 2 big ones left. (Pella and euro).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't wanna go down all the conspiracy rabbit trails (or do I? lol), but I do wonder how this will affect the political realm.  One of my favorite Senators has tested positive.  And Old Trumpie is definitely NOT a conservative if he thinks it's Constitutional to for the feds to pay folks.

http://www.westkentuckystar.com/News/National-World/Sen-Rand-Paul-Tests-Positive-for-COVID-19.aspx

Cody, if your boss is exposing himself to others outside the shop, make sure he's taking strong precautions if he's around you guys.  I'm gonna have a chat at work about reducing access to the general public.

JohnC likes this

I don't wanna go down all the conspiracy rabbit trails (or do I? lol), but I do wonder how this will affect the political realm.  One of my favorite Senators has tested positive.  And Old Trumpie is definitely NOT a conservative if he thinks it's Constitutional to for the feds to pay folks.

http://www.westkentuckystar.com/News/National-World/Sen-Rand-Paul-Tests-Positive-for-COVID-19.aspx

Cody, if your boss is exposing himself to others outside the shop, make sure he's taking strong precautions if he's around you guys.  I'm gonna have a chat at work about reducing access to the general public.

Most of the places make you leave the parts on the desk and that's about it. Last week I went to euro before they told me I couldnt go and they had to take my temp before I went in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, JohnC said:

Too bad the other 90% of Merica doesn't understand it.

If they also could realize they're creating the shortages by panic buying, we wouldn't be running out of everything.

So if folks would go back to normal shopping habits, we wouldn't have empty shelves everywhere. 

Why can't these idiots that are buying up everything see that? 

They can't see that because they only see their own fear and panic. They are only using the emotional portion of the brain and not passing problems over to the logical part. I bet those hoarders are still going out and buying more stuff to go on top of the hoards they already have. 

JohnC likes this

13 minutes ago, Disney said:

They can't see that because they only see their own fear and panic. They are only using the emotional portion of the brain and not passing problems over to the logical part. I bet those hoarders are still going out and buying more stuff to go on top of the hoards they already have. 

I read a portion of a Yahoo article (full disclosure), some shrink (can't spell sye-col-oh-jist right now) said panic buying is rooted in a control issue.  It made more sense than the average Yahoo article...:shrug:  I think KNOW that a LARGE portion of modern 'merican citizens don't have a LICK of common sense.  I've seen MULTIPLE people build sandbag walls that were JUNK compared to what a a 5 year old with 10 minutes experience playing in a mud puddle could build.  At the time I chalked it up to dumb people building in low-lying  areas, but ignorance is more widespread than that.

More rules from our Gubner, he's "ordering" more stores to close.   Auto repair, parts stores, and gas stations are exempt, so my employer has a trifecta on that. lol  (Still wondering how the gubner can boss private businesses...and he is so "liberal" that he thinks Bruce Jenner is a gal.)