JohnC

TX2K20

14 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

New C8 was running 12.10's at like 118 and broke at the end of the night. 

I keep seeing this pop up.  Did he break on the spray?  

Matt

Yeah I finally sorted it out, snapped axle.  He was having issues with the 1-2 (not sure why, its an auto) shift.  The other one that ran this weekend went mid 11's I believe.

Matt

15 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Yeah I finally sorted it out, snapped axle.  He was having issues with the 1-2 (not sure why, its an auto) shift.  The other one that ran this weekend went mid 11's I believe.

Matt

Maybe he got a lemon?

Or needs driver mod?

Doesn't line up with the 11.2 stock runs everyone claims.... :no: 

Its early yet, they will get out there and people will start putting some good times down.  The guy who ran 11.5's even had issues with his launch control and figured it out quick enough to get it to be happy.  The snapped axle on street tires is either a testament of the WICKED grip those rear engine cars are capable of OR a weak link.  Or a combo of both.  I didnt see alot of wheel hop when it happened so I would be interested in seeing if it wasnt a fluke or if we will be hearing more and more about it when they really start hitting the tracks.

Matt

JohnC likes this

12 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Its early yet, they will get out there and people will start putting some good times down.  The guy who ran 11.5's even had issues with his launch control and figured it out quick enough to get it to be happy.  The snapped axle on street tires is either a testament of the WICKED grip those rear engine cars are capable of OR a weak link.  Or a combo of both.  I didnt see alot of wheel hop when it happened so I would be interested in seeing if it wasnt a fluke or if we will be hearing more and more about it when they really start hitting the tracks.

Matt

I'll say weak link if it's not just this one car.

Too many other rear engine cars do fine.

Yeah if he was on slicks and spray OR wheel hopped really bad Ide see it breaking as the S550 guys have this issue from time to time (tho I never encountered it) but I didnt see any of that.  We shall see!  Hope Chevy doesnt come out and say they were abused in a way the car wasnt built to handle cause...its a freakin mid engine super car killer...it was made to be abused at the track.

Matt

JohnC likes this