Raceall

What Cars Are You Thinking About?

5 posts in this topic

A few days ago, I started daydreaming about what I would want to build after finishing the Nova. (I figure that I will have several more years to save and plan.) I ended up thinking about something completely out of the norm of my style and have been daydreaming about a Pro-Touring 2nd gen Camaro (preferably 70-73 or a 78-81) with a large cubic inch, fuel-injected, Procharged LS and a six-speed.

What cars have yall been daydreaming about other than those you already own or are working on?

Daydreaming??   Touring the country with a family of 8 in either a $300,000 RV or an old converted school bus powered by a 6BT and manual trans.

Tino likes this

Well, I want to finish this 2010 SS up first.

I need a ZL1 or one of the aftermarket rear diffs with axles.

Solid cradle bushings.

DR's or Slicks for the back at least and not sure if I'll do skinnies.

If I can't get the V-bands welded on, I will go to 2in primary to 3in collector Kooks Jet Hot Lt's and see if that solves the cylinder imbalance.

When the near new brakes I have on now wear out, I will put the 6 piston Brembo's on the front I got from @Mike and that will give me the same brake setup as a ZL1 / CTSV. Of course they'll be sent off for new powder coating as well.

Then, if I get bored with the 760 rwhp, I'll start looking at forged shortblocks + head studs so I can turn the boost up and start using the ProCharger D1X to it's full potential at over 1,000 rwhp. 

For the next hotrod, I'd like either a super low mile 5th Gen ZL1 or 6th Gen ZL1. If it is a 6th Gen, I want the 1LE with auto trans. :D 

Tino likes this

I keep thinking about a Chevy 454 SS with a very stock looking 502 under the hood.  1st generation Ford Lightnings are 2nd on my truck list.  Oddly enough, a late model Hemi swapped into a mid/late 90s Ram shortbed is 3rd on my truck list.  Oldsmobiles really catch my attention too.  Muscle era 442's and mid 80's Cutlass (Hurst/442) specifically.  Other cars on my list aren't hot rods.  I am on an Underappreciated Survivors page on Facebook.  People post pictures of hated/unloved cars in good to excellent shape.  I find myself lusting after early 90s Chrysler Imperials as well as other Chrysler K based cars and Volvo station wagons in stock condition.  I also would love an SRT-4 swapped Omni GLH.  I am thinking about finding the drivetrain from a wrecked late model 392 Hemi powered Challenger/Charger and trying to get it to work in my 1980 Dodge D150.

JohnC and Disney like this

My grandparents had an early 90's Dodge Dynasty.  That thing rode and drove like a dream.  That was when I was running around with Mark D. and his Mopars.  I kept thinking a turbo 2.2 swap in that car would be a blast.

A buddy of mine and Ashley's acquired a nice 454 SS, last year.