ts1979flh

Good Weekend Deer Hunting

6 posts in this topic

My son and I had a good weekend hunting.  I haven't shot a deer in years because I usually let him shoot. I had deer on me all afternoon but kept waiting for something bigger to show up. A 7 point showed up so I shot him.  I had buck fever bad.  I had forgotten what it felt like  LOL.  Well the next day, he had to show his old man up.  LOL.  I'm proud of him.  He is a good kid and has hunted well for years.  I feel he deserved it.  I mounted his very first buck when he was 7.  This is the first mountable one he has gotten since. 

Todd deer.jpg

Jacob deer.jpg

Edited by ts1979flh
66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

Nice!

We seem to be overpopulated with deer in TN so the more you put in the freezer the better!

Plus, it makes the roads safer. :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, Ashley P said:

Good work!  

Who does the dressing out, ect?   My son wants to kill, eat, and wear it all himself. 

We both usually field dress and clean them together.   He usually does the dragging them out.  I supervise that part. Lol

mstrpth likes this

lol!

I have a deer story from yesterday...and I won't fault anyone who doesn't believe it.   I was driving last night and was about 600' from my driveway when I noticed a car approaching me that had slowed/stopped a couple hundred feet after my driveway.  It looked to be waiting to pull into a neighbors drive, yet it drove by that as I met it.   I wondered what was up....then I noticed a ball shaped deer wadded up in that lane of traffic!  It as only 75-100' from my drive.  There was oncoming traffic (4 cars), so I flashed my lights a few times, backed into my drive and into the yard at an angle and shined/flashed my lights at the wad of deer.  Would you believe that the first car STILL RAN OVER the deer? :rolleyes:  Would you believe the second car barely swerved around it?   Would you believe that the previously motionless wad of deer then....jumped up and took off running across the field?!?! :stare:  I could not believe it! 

I thought my son was gonna have one to skin, but nooooo.

mstrpth and ts1979flh like this

true story, one rainy DARK night in a small town called Cumberland Furnace(no street lights), I hit two deer at the same time knocking out both headlights and rolling down both sides of my truck. Immediate darkness. Both of them ran off and I was left driving home like ace ventura with a flashlight.

ts1979flh and Ashley P like this