Kevin

The Challenger is Home

58 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

I don't know much about an iPhone, but I'm glad your car is equipped with iShift.  :yes:

Knowing Apple people/products, I figured the 8 speed automatic would be iShift.  :)

10 hours ago, Ashley P said:

But when are you gonna put all that radio control FPV stuff on the car and drive from your couch?  :) 

The First Person View of actually being in the car is way more fun.

Ashley P, JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

The First Person View of actually being in the car is way more fun.

But, it would be pretty funny to see an empty car get pulled over...there's gotta be a first time.  A few million views on the 'Tube would pay for it.   You da man....

16 hours ago, Ashley P said:

But, it would be pretty funny to see an empty car get pulled over...there's gotta be a first time.  A few million views on the 'Tube would pay for it.   You da man....

A Telsa model 3 Performance can do that.

It is as fast in the 1/4 as my SS was with H/C/I/E85, etc., before the supercharger.

Best ET I seen for the model 3 performance was 11.7 in the 1/4 from Motortrend.

I think after the update it runs 11.4 in the 1/4 now. 

A Model S Performance is in the 10's.

Man, these Brembos make some brake dust.  The lower body and rear bumper cover are coated in black brake dust.  I have to do a light wash every time I drive the car.  Other than that, I can't think of anything I don't like about the car.

I keep looking for excuses to drive it.  We tried out a restaurant on the other side of the Tennessee River last night and took the Challenger.  It was so much fun just driving it there and back.  I also got to see a nice 67 Mustang and a 71 Duster sitting in the parking lot.

66sprint6, JohnC and Nostalgic1 like this

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

Man, these Brembos make some brake dust.  The lower body and rear bumper cover are coated in black brake dust.  I have to do a light wash every time I drive the car.  Other than that, I can't think of anything I don't like about the car.

I keep looking for excuses to drive it.  We tried out a restaurant on the other side of the Tennessee River last night and took the Challenger.  It was so much fun just driving it there and back.  I also got to see a nice 67 Mustang and a 71 Duster sitting in the parking lot.

The Brembo's on my SS have probably saved my life at least 3 times.

Stock rotors and pads were amazing.

I lost some braking going to Hawk HPS pads with Baer drilled and slotted rotors. :smirk: 

The Brembos are awesome.  They're the best brakes I've ever had.  Mine are the 4 piston front calipers.  There's a 6 piston upgrade.  I can't imagine how good the 6 piston calipers are.  I have just never seen so much brake dust.  I don't know who makes the pads.  I'll keep them for now, but next time, I'm going to research some better pads.

66sprint6 likes this

More thoughts.

1.  People don't know what T/A means.

2.  People don't know what 392 on the fenders means.

3.  I keep having to explain both.

4.  Most people seem to really like the car.

A guy at the gas station, a place I seem to be visiting more often, was really excited about the car.  He asked me if the 392 was horsepower.  I told him it was cubic inches.  He really liked that they put 392 on the fenders instead of 6.4L.  He liked the old school vibe of the car.  I told him that I have wanted a Challenger for 15 years and finally got one.  He told me that he was glad I have it and told me to enjoy it.  He seemed genuinely glad someone else was enjoying his new ride.

Edited by Kevin
66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

DUH, T/A means

Image result for 1970 trans am"

And seriously, when I drove an orange 69 GTO people asked me if it was the "Dukes of Hazzard car". 

Edited by Ashley P

The Brembos are awesome.  They're the best brakes I've ever had.  Mine are the 4 piston front calipers.  There's a 6 piston upgrade.  I can't imagine how good the 6 piston calipers are.  I have just never seen so much brake dust.  I don't know who makes the pads.  I'll keep them for now, but next time, I'm going to research some better pads.

The OE pads on mine were Brembo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk