Kevin

The Challenger is Home

45 posts in this topic

Well, I picked the 2019 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 up today.  We left around 3:50 AM.  I thought we would arrive around 8:15 AM, then there was the wall of brakelights.  6.2 miles from the dealership, we just stopped and sat.  After about 1 hour and 40 minutes of traffic jam, we arrived at the dealership.  I walked in past the salesmen and hit the john.  I was about to burst.  I came out of the restroom and they asked me if I was Kevin.  My salesman took me out back to the delivery area and there it was.  It was gorgeous.  It didn't seem real.  I felt really nervous about driving it home.  I didn't really feel comfortable with the car until I hit Nashville.  We stopped just below Louisville and ate lunch.  I stopped at my good friend Ronnie's in Fairview to let him see it and take a spin in it on the way home.  I got home just after 3:45 and the kids came out screaming in excitement.  They were excited.  We took it for a spin and now I'm just beat.

I really love the car.  I didn't want the driver convenience group, but the blind spot warning in the side view mirrors is nice.  It also has rear defrost.  I hate the lines, but I will get used to them.  The car rides really nice, but it is kinda rough at the same time.  It feels like a Cadillac compared to the Shelby Charger, but rides a little rougher than my Ram SS/T.  The car is just a blast to drive.

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2905.JPG

IMG_2906.JPG

IMG_2909.JPG

IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

AaroNX, JohnC, Mike and 7 others like this

13 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Congrats, happy motoring!

(Where's the posi mark pic??) 

Under the I-40 bridge that goes over McCrory Lane in Western Davidson Co., TN.

JohnC and Ashley P like this

Congrats! :w00t:

Having a new hotrod is awesome! :yes: 

I'll have to meet-up with you and see it one day soon.

Maybe a dyno day just to record stock RWHP? :yum: 

Again, super nice! :up: 

I can't get enough of it.  I woke up early this morning and took it on a ten mile ride.  Even driving it like a normal law abiding citizen is fun.  Breaking the law in it is my favorite!

66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

I am liking the white/black more by the day.  I think I will be glad I have white instead of blue before long.  I just wish it didn't have rear defrost.  I hate those lines.  Another thing  I don't like about this car is the dead pedal.  1/3 to 1/2 of your left foot (right side) hangs off the side of it.  After a few miles, your foot gets a little sore.  I just rest my left foot on the floor between shifts.

22 hours ago, Kevin said:

I can't get enough of it.  I woke up early this morning and took it on a ten mile ride.  Even driving it like a normal law abiding citizen is fun.  Breaking the law in it is my favorite!

Change locations, make it legal.

More pictures.  I'm going to start cleaning the car up when I get home tonight.  I gotta get the whale snot off of the tires, fenders, and quarter panel.  I hate that stuff.  I'm not a big fan of shiny tires anyway.

IMG_2938.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

ts1979flh, Disney, JohnC and 1 other like this

I cleaned the car up over the last two days.  They did an ok job at the dealership.  I cleaned the "whale snot" off of the tires.  That junk was slung all over the fenders and quarter panels.  I don't know why people slather that junk on their tires.  I like the clean look.  Tires aren't supposed to be shiny anyway.  I love these wheels except when cleaning them.  They are the most difficult wheels to clean that I've ever seen.  Then, you have to dry them off, unless you like water spots.  They are harder to dry than they are to wash.  They say they're brake dust magnets.

I took dad around the block last night.  I gave it some 1/3 throttle acceleration through 1st and 2nd.  Dad was squirming and said, "slow this thing down!"  How did I ever become a car guy?

Edited by Kevin
Ashley P, JohnC, Disney and 2 others like this

On 11/8/2019 at 0:20 PM, Kevin said:

Good news:  Chrysler painted the engine block Hemi Orange.

Bad news:  You can barely see the Hemi Orange.

IMG_2969.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG

It isn't an aluminum block?

12 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Now, time to show us some WOT shifts....  

I'm working on a camera mount for my Mobius Action Camera for exterior shots and one for my iPhone for interior shots.